Brawl in the Family is being killed later this year (The finale has begun!)

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com

2014-07-24-580-WorldEight-Four.png

[quote author=Matthew Taranto]Dear readers of Brawl in the Family…

Thank you so much for your support and involvement over all this time. Writing and drawing BitF over the past six-and-a-half years (!!) has been a heck of a great experience, but it’s with a bittersweet feeling in the pit of my gut that I’m making this announcement today. Brawl in the Family will be ending later this year. Today’s strip is not the last comic, though! We’ll still be updating for a couple more months!

I’ve loved making this comic, but I feel like the time is right to wrap it all up. Today’s strip isn’t the end, but like the title implies, we’re in the final stretch at this point.

(Sheesh, you try to plan for this day but then it comes and you don’t know what to say…)

So, uh, sorry if I’m making a bunch of ya sad out there. But hey, now the people who like to flame the comic on message boards out there can have a party knowing it’s ending! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

The finish line is in sight, but we’re still adding new strips on Tuesdays and Fridays, so keep checking back! And if you want more information, feel free to check out this thread on the forum.[/quote]

More Details: http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/forum/showthread.php?12513-Today-s-announcement-(Comic-580)

Re: Brawl in the Family is being killed later this year.

Awww, that rots! And I only JUST got into the comic too. Like, a month ago, and then I read them all in a couple weeks, but was like "yay, at lest more will continue to come out". But no.

But the guy's got other stuff to do, and I guess it makes some sense to end it in a controlled way, rather than when time or will or material or whatever fizzles out.

Still, much sadness.

Walkazo said:
Awww, that rots! And I only JUST got into the comic too. Like, a month ago, and then I read them all in a couple weeks
man I remember I did this around the end of last year and was disappointed that he'd gone on a break because I seriously wanted more

But yeah this is sad. Understandable, but really sad. BitF was one of my favourite webcomics.

BitF was one of those rare comics that hit every time it got up to bat. But I guess everyone has to fold up their jersey sooner or later (except xkcd).

But yeah, I had a suspicion the comic would end soon when Waluigi's story ended.

Dang it, that was one of the only good webcomics left. :(

If not the we comic about smash. I hope he can just occasionally post some from time to time, instead of just a weekly basis.

Ninelevendo said:
If not the we comic about smash. I hope he can just occasionally post some from time to time, instead of just a weekly basis.

I don’t want BitF to be one of those comics that just fades out and updates a few times a year or whatever. I really like this strip and the gang and I think they warrant a proper ending.

Coming from somebody who's been following the comic for about three years, it's quite sad to see the comic end, but it's better to end it on a high note instead of going on until it starts getting stale.

Though if you've only just found it that's pretty unlucky.

Mariofan169 said:
Ninelevendo said:
If not the we comic about smash. I hope he can just occasionally post some from time to time, instead of just a weekly basis instead of shutting down completely.

I don’t want BitF to be one of those comics that just fades out and updates a few times a year or whatever. I really like this strip and the gang and I think they warrant a proper ending.

Better?

Knowing the comic, the ending is bound to be full of feels.

Shame to see it go.

Will you still be able to read the old comics, though?

Good. I thought by "killed" he meant gone, like not being able to read the old ones anymore.

Guy's name is Matthew, guess me and him have something in common :P

guess i'll have to cross it off my list of webcomics i read, just like i got rid of mspa a while ago
wVHsdOd.png

That's sad news, though I haven't been following the comic for quite some time

rip it had a good run
i havent read any of them since like 2013 since it went on hiatus or something

he was getting lazy with it anyway

like every couple of weeks he'd do a notice saying something like "bitf is going on hiatus! we'll be back next month!" and it's like "come back"

probably for the best really

This is sad. Especially since I just got into it this year.

This sucks, I pretty much just got into it and enjoyed it, now it's going to be gone. It was really fun to read too.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Coincidentially, BITF's lifespan pretty much paralleled Brawl's-it was first published right after that came out and will come to an end right about the same time SSB4 comes out.

Rita and Runt said:

Coincidentially, BITF's lifespan pretty much paralleled Brawl's-it was first published right after that came out and will come to an end right about the same time SSB4 comes out.
Yes. That may be why the comic is ending this year along with the fact that it will have 600 strips exactly.

Lumastar said:
Rita and Runt said:

Yes. That may be why the comic is ending this year along with the fact that it will have 600 strips exactly.
Everyone knew that. If they didn't, they wouldn't be here.

Back