Brawl in the Family is being killed later this year (The finale has begun!)

Re: Brawl in the Family is being killed later this year.

Aww... That's too bad, I started reading the comics yesterday and I finished them today. Such a shame to see it go. I really liked it because some of the strips were hilarious. :'(

This is the comic that completely changed my opinion about Waluigi and made me like him.

It's sad to see it go, but on the other hand it is ending while it is still good and respectable.

Too bad. Waluigi time... is over. :waluigi:

Gabumon said:
This is the comic that completely changed my opinion about Waluigi and made me like him.

It's sad to see it go, but on the other hand it is ending while it is still good and respectable.

You're late. Waluigi time was already over long before you came. :yoshi:

it's always waluigi time

But yeah I'm gonna echo what others are saying and just be glad it's ending before it gets stale. Gave me quite a bit of good laughs.

Dorumon said:
Gabumon said:

You're late. Waluigi time was already over long before you came. :yoshi:
I'm pretty sure that he would not be able to get that reference if he did not read Waluigi's final comic.

Anyway:

Rocket '3Koon said:
it's always waluigi time

they'd better reveal the final major character damn it

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/characters/

it's been a questionmark for so damn long it's not even funny anymore

I bet it will be something like "You, the reader of Brawl in the Family".

It has been revealed that the comic will indeed end at number 600 on October 3rd, the same day Super Smash Bros. for 3DS comes out.

Important information:

Quite a few things to discuss today! About the strip: I wanted one more Mario vs. Thwomp since I’ve had a lot of fun with these lately and it was about time Mario won one. Animated comics are fun to do, too, especially when they clarify what might be hard to with still images (the Tetris-type flashing in this case). Now then…

8a07a674e9282d90d95a03d1fc409a8a_large.png

This is it, guys! I really want to make the final two books a reality, so I’ve begun one last Kickstarter to help make that happen! If even the initial goal is reached, Volume Two and Three will come jam-packed with 200+ comics apiece plus bonus goodies, and be available in both paperback and hardcover!

Perhaps most importantly, about 90% of these books will only be available through Kickstarter! If/when they release in May, I won’t have the comic being updated like it is now, so ordering too many new items at this point is foolish. There’ll be a few books that go on sale then, but I imagine that they’ll run out quickly. Long story short, I highly recommend you get these through the tiers if you want ‘em!

Not enough bombshells for you? Here you go, as promised…

lastmonth.png

There it is! AAAAAH! As many of you speculated, BitF will indeed be ending at a solid 600 strips. The Monk fan in me wouldn’t have it any other way (which means no 601, naturally)! The crazy thing is that the day that Brawl in the Family ends is the same day that the new Super Smash Bros. for 3DS will come out. How apropos, huh? I actually didn’t plan it that way, but it’s strangely poetic. And still so bittersweet.

Alright, enough doom and gloom for now. Go jump on those Kickstarter goodies so we can put this whole webcomic into book form! I want to make this happen!

dbe18a78544af3d7c557be7dcde38052_large.png

-By Matthew

Priam said:
they'd better reveal the final major character damn it

http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/characters/

it's been a questionmark for so damn long it's not even funny anymore
Maybe Daisy or possibly Snake? Or maybe he'll be really surprising and make pictures for all the recurring characters, which I've always hoped for - the current roster has always felt incomplete to me.

more likely he just forgot he made that roster entirely

he added pit and mega-man recently, so i don't think he forgot about it that fast

most likely to be snake, he's appeared quite a lot in the series

I was hoping for a memorial comic for the Ice Climbers, but eh.

I always wanted Cocoon Academy to show up again. Looks like I got my wish.

I like how Captain Falcon is at the table with the punch. Expect lots of references throughout the comic. This one was a bit flat.

Back