chugga is banned btw so replace him
MCD could probably replace.

Re: User Survivor - Reward Challenge #1

Robin said:
Smasher said:
i don't think this challenge went at all how bmb planned

MCD is too busy. I already asked. I'm going to see who else might be open. I might ask FE.

Also, I'll post the ending challenge thing later today.

Claus said:
Robin said:
Smasher said:
i don't think this challenge went at all how bmb planned

MCD is too busy. I already asked. I'm going to see who else might be open. I might ask FE.

Also, I'll post the ending challenge thing later today.
Today's gone on for a really long time, huh?

The two teams made their way through the forest, arguing and bickering all along the way. Many of them got lost a few times. The hardest part for each of them was when to look at which map.

*DF* I was always ready and very attentive, it feels like a few of my teammates had no idea what they were doing.

*Stargazing* I had completely no idea what I was doing.

The Mushyaki Tribe seemed even more confused than the Hyreasa.

*Cirdec* Every time it would be my turn to help out, I would somehow zone out just long enough to miss it. I mean, what the heck?

*Reversinator* There were players that literally did nothing.

Reversinator snatches a few of the maps from the others so that he could lead them forward.

The Hyreasa Tribe sees their stuff in the distance, and rushes towards it. They all cheer very loudly as they reach it. A horn blows in the distance, and the Mushyaki know that they lost.

BMB (over a speaker): The Hyreasa have found their supplies first! Everyone meet down in the beach in a half hour. I will explain your challenge then.

Half an hour later.

BMB: Congratulations Hyreasa Tribe, you have found the supplies, as well as the perfect place to build your shelter. Mushyaki will be still needing to find their stuff, which they better do before sunfall tonight. Of course, first we must have our immunity challenge to deal with.

NSY: What about our prize?

BMB: Well, the prize is that you get to set up your tents right away, as well as a delicious feast. But, since you worked so hard, you will also be allowed to explore the island first. There are many things hidden across this island, such as the Hidden Immunity Idol, which I know many of you will want.

But you will do that after the challenge, where I'll explain it to you guys in greater detail. First off, let's begin with the immunity challenge first!

Immunity Challenge #1

Welcome teams, you will be playing a competition that requires a lot of teamwork. There is a pool of water in the distance, which is perfect for drinking water. You will have your buckets at the other end. The goal is to get the water to fill your buckets. The trick though is that you are not allowed to move the buckets, meaning you cannot dip them into the water. Instead, you must create a contraption that will make the water flow all the distance to your bucket. And just with your luck, your team each has some bamboo that was cut in half vertically.

The thing though is that each bamboo is cut a little bit differently, as well as the fact that you don't know how long the distance to the buckets are. You will be given 12 Bamboo sticks, which you'll only 8 of them. You will need to figure out which combination of bamboo is the correct set to get the water at the right distance to your buckets. Your measurements are given below (they are the same for both teams; however, your bucket distance is different for each team), but will also be given to you in a Team QuickTopic.

Bamboo
1: 1ft
2: 1.5ft
3: 2ft
4: 2.5ft
5: 3ft
6: 3.5ft
7: 4ft
8: 4.5ft
9: 5ft
10: 5.5ft
11: 6ft
12: 6.5ft

And here are a few hints to help you determine the approximate distance from the water:

* The distance for each bucket is neither the minimum distance nor the maximum distance.
* The Hyreasa's bucket is farther than the Muskyaki's bucket, and both buckets are about equal distance from the minimum and maximum (respectively).
* If you take the difference of the maximum and minimum and subtract that difference from the overall total distance with all 12 sticks, one team's distance will be below that number and one team's distance will be above that number.

The team that comes the closest to their distance will win the competition. If both teams are the same difference from their spot, then the team that submitted their answer first will be the winner (and if that was at the same time, then just play by ear, but I'm 99.9% that won't happen).

And, if your team makes it right on the dot, there'll be a special surprise waiting in store for them. If both teams make it right on their dot, an even bigger surprise will await in store for everyone!

BMB: Good luck, and start!

Seto Kaiba said:
Ok, so to be clear, we just find the distance to our team's bucket, right?

Yep.

Also, lol at you guys in the QTs. Like, I feel like I gave you this complicated Math problem. I won't say numbers or teams, but one is very close, and other not so much...

Claus said:
Seto Kaiba said:
Ok, so to be clear, we just find the distance to our team's bucket, right?

Yep.

Also, lol at you guys in the QTs. Like, I feel like I gave you this complicated Math problem. I won't say numbers or teams, but one is very close, and other not so much...
Well, you kinda did.

Well, maybe it's because I made the challenge but I got it done in 3 minutes. It's hard when one wrong number screws over the rest of your equations.

The hardest part is picking the 8 pieces that add up to your goal.

Claus said:
Well, maybe it's because I made the challenge but I got it done in 3 minutes. It's hard when one wrong number screws over the rest of your equations.

The hardest part is picking the 8 pieces that add up to your goal.
If you made the challenge, you're obviously going to know what steps need to be taken to reach the answer.

Hey, if it's not too much of a pain, could you update the player list with people's current usernames? I want to communicate with my teammates, but I have no idea what their names are. Granted, I'm not really helping the problem, but still.

Shulk said:
Is there a deadline for when we have to submit our answer?

Well, I was going to give you a few days, but with one team already complete and the other literally like a step or two away, I'm going to give you until tomorrow night, though if it's really needed, Thursday at the latest.

The two teams formulated how they were going to test their distance with the bamboo.

Reversinator: Alright, we really need to figure this math out. I think the maximum is 38 and the minimum is 22, so we must be somewhere in there.

IcicleRain: I really don't know much about this.

Reversinator: Well, we can tell that Hyreasa has their bucket farther, so we're probably a lot closer than them-Cirdec, what are you doing?

Cirdec is taking a stick and drawing into the ground.

Cirdec: With all these formulas, I'm confident that our answer will be below 29 and above 22, and using the hints we got, we should go equi-distant between them, so 25.5ft. Do you think we can do that?

Reversinator: I'm fine with that.

NEX: I'm okay with that.

IcicleRain: Might as well.

*IcicleRain* I really had no idea what we were doing. At that point, I just did whatever they said.

*Reversinator* We got this in the bag.

As Mushyaki begin their set-up, Hyreasa brainstorm.

DF: Okay, so I think I got the minimum of 12 and the maximum of 38. With that is a difference of 26, so we got to figure out from there.

PoP: I'm trying to follow along with the math, but it's impossible!

DF: ...I agree. What the hell?

*Ice*: Wow, these baboos need to be struck with the bamboo. *Facepalm*

Ice smacks DF's hand out of the way as he fixes the math problems.

Ice: It's 22 minimum. That means that 29 is our midway point. Taking that into account, I think our best bet would be to between 30 and 35 feet.

*DF*: Oh thank god they didn't go with my numbers.

Gutseh: I think we should go for 33. Does anyone disagree?

DF: Nope.

Ice: I'm fine with that.

Gutseh: Well then, the other team is already building, so let's go!

Team Mushyaki begin taking the 1ft, 2ft, 2.5ft, 3ft, 3.5ft, 4ft, 4.5ft, and 5ft sticks and bringing them together. Hyreasa was right behind them taking the 2ft, 2.5ft, 3ft, 3.5ft, 4.5ft, 5ft, 6ft, and 6.5ft sticks and bringing them together. They lined them up with their buckets. As the water starting flowing though, Mushyaki and Hyreasa were just short by a little.

Reversinator: We should go down a size!

Ice: Come on, we just need one size up!

DF runs out to exchange his 5ft for the the 5.5ft while NSM runs over and exchanges his 5 for a 5.5ft. Both run back into place and try once again. The Mushyaki were still off by just half a foot while Hyreasa were spot on, filling their buckets completely.

BMB: Hyreasa win!

The Hyreasa Tribe jumps up and down in joy seeing that they have won.

BMB: Congratulations Hyreasa, you have won the Immunity Challenge! However, the Mushyaki Tribe were just short, literally. Tonight Mushyaki, meet me in the Tribal Council, where we'll begin our first Tribal Ceremony. Hope you have plans to vote someone out.

*Reversinator*: I helped lead everything! Sure we were off, but only by a foot.

*Cirdec*: I was on with my calculations, but at a certain point it was a guessing game. Had I went just a little higher, we would have gotten it.

Maximum distance (with all 12): 45ft
Maximum distance (with 8 only): 38ft
Minimum distance (with 8 only): 22ft

38-22=16 (Difference between minimum and maximum)
45-16=29 (Diference between total maximum and difference of minimum and maximum)

Mushyaki Bucket Position: 26.5ft (4.5ft from minimum)
Hyreasa Bucket Position: 33.5ft (4.5ft from maximum)

Mushyaki Answer: 25.5ft (First to answer)
Hyreasa Answer: 33ft

[So Hyreasa edged out above Mushyaki by .5ft. They had a 30ft-35ft range they were going with and Gutseh randomly chose 33ft. Had they went with the middle (32.5ft), they would have tied for distance and Mushyaki would have won. Since neither team got it spot-on, you don't get the extra special thing. But props to both teams being nearly spot on with the calculations!

Next challenge will be a physics question or maybe one of my homework projects.

Re: User Survivor - Tribal Council #1

-> Hyreasa team guess with no math logic.
-> Hyreasa team wins.

Stupid luck.

Back