Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Daisy

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Toad

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
I liked the sticker idea, but Paper Mario: Sticker Star should of had original characters and more character development. It's still underrated, though.

While you bring up a good point, I still think that Paper Mario: Sticker Star is a RPG. You manage an inventory and collecting hearts to get more HP is still leveling up.

Baby Luigi said:
The argument for Super Paper Mario not being an RPG is like saying Tales of Symphonia or Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles isn't an RPG because it's not turn-based. Basically, if there is a level up system and you have equipment and you have stats, it's an RPG*

*Not 100% accurate definition, just a rough one
I never said Super Paper Mario was not an RPG. It's just a different type of RPG than the other Mario RPGs.

GalacticPetey said:
Wait, people actually consider Zelda an RPG? How?

Baby Mario Doops post said:
A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game ) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development

Link kinda fits that

Baby Luigi said:
GalacticPetey said:
Wait, people actually consider Zelda an RPG? How?

Baby Mario Doops post said:
A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game ) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of structured decision-making or character development

Link kinda fits that
1. Zelda is an action RPG.

2. Baby Mario Doops?

1. Link is NOT an action RPG. I've played several of those, Link is nothing like them.
2. That's one of my many nicknames for Baby Mario Poops.

Lumastar said:
BMB Hater Baby Luigi said:
1. Link is NOT an action RPG. I've played several of those, Link is nothing like them.
Your opinion. Paper Mario: Sticker Star is still an RPG in my book, though
Pac-Man is a first person shooter in my book.

I never said that SPM isn't a RPG, I simply said SS was more like an RPG than SPM was. Either way, they qualify as an RPG but the paper skin of their paper teeth.

Ninelevendo said:
I never said that SPM isn't a RPG, I simply said SS was more like an RPG than SPM was. Either way, they qualify as an RPG but the paper skin of their paper teeth.

I was talking in terms of Mario RPG.

I didn't say that PM:SS was not an RPG. I was just saying that while it "technically" is an RPG, it has too much platformer and stuff in it that makes it feel more considered as a platformer. The turn-based battles are the biggest thing that Nintendo can use as an excuse to keep it an RPG.

Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
This is so stupid that it is not even funny.

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
Hey, that's just your opinion.

Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
You're joking, right?

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
You're joking, right?
MY OPINIONS ARE NOT JOKES!

besides, your opinion is that pmss is an rpg, so my opinion is that pacman is an fpa

Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:
You're joking, right?
MY OPINIONS ARE NOT JOKES!

besides, your opinion is that pmss is an rpg, so my opinion is that pacman is an fpa
Why would Pac-Man be a first-person shooter?

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Lumastar said:

Lol, Lumastar, Baby Luigi is so a BMB hater. I am too. That's why I'm not BMB. *badum tss*

Lumastar said:
Magikrazy said:
Why would pmss be a role playing game?
You manage a sizable inventory, interact with various characters, engage with enemies in turn-based battles, and level up via hearts. These are factors common in RPGs.

Um, not disagreeing that PM:SS is a RPG even though not as much as the others, but you do not level up via hearts. You don't level up period. You simply just get hearts. You don't earn them, you just find them and stuff. It's honestly so stupid they did it like that.

FYI, a game called Darkspore is classified as an action RPG and the only way you get stronger is by collecting stronger gear, not by experience points.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star definitely is an RPG, but it's not "more of an RPG" (whatever the frack that means) than Super Paper Mario.

Baby Luigi said:
FYI, a game called Darkspore is classified as an action RPG and the only way you get stronger is by collecting stronger gear, not by experience points.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star definitely is an RPG, but it's not "more of an RPG" (whatever the frack that means) than Super Paper Mario.
So this must meant that The Legend of Zelda is an RPG, too. I agree with this.

I still think Paper Mario would be the best sixth Mario rep, but maybe he could represent the Mario RPG universe instead. The series icon could be his trademark hammer.

Lumastar said:

No, Legend of Zelda doesn't feature a level up system. My aforementioned game does have a level-up system, only by collecting stronger gear. Legend of Zelda also doesn't have stats either, a main feature of RPGs too.

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:

No, Legend of Zelda doesn't feature a level up system. My aforementioned game does have a level-up system, only by collecting stronger gear. Legend of Zelda also doesn't have stats either, a main feature of RPGs too.
Well, there was Zelda 2-*shot*

Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:

I still think Paper Mario would be the best sixth Mario rep, but maybe he could represent the Mario RPG universe instead. The series icon could be his trademark hammer.

Why do people think the rpgs are somehow worthy of getting separately represented?

Mcmadness said:
Why do people think the rpgs are somehow worthy of getting separately represented?

No one has ever answered my question of why they're objectively more important than Mario Party....

Back