Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Daisy

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Toad

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
So does Mario & Luigi. Mario from that series could use Bros. Items, Bros. Attacks, Hammers, Badges, overworld abilities, etc as well

I can use the same argument for the same character but in a different artstyle.

Baby Luigi said:
So does Mario & Luigi. Mario from that series could use Bros. Items, Bros. Attacks, Hammers, Badges, overworld abilities, etc as well

I can use the same argument for the same character but in a different artstyle.

If you really want to go there we could even have bloody Kart Mario.

Kart Mario is an example I'd like to use, but he doesn't have a different artstyle so he's not as good as an example as Mario & Luigi Mario, who not only happens to have a different artstyle (albeit a slightly different one...regardless) but also came from an RPG series as well, which was even represented even more than Paper Mario.

Well I get that, I wouldn't want kart Mario either but to me suggesting PM is just as ludicrous as suggesting Wrecking Crew Luigi.

I never liked the idea of Paper Mario, never will. I'd want to take Baby Mario over Paper Mario. Hell, even a Paper Mario partner would be better for me.

I'd rather play as a damn Goomba.

If Paper Mario did make it, I can see a move set like this, I just threw this together so... I am not to familiar with what each attack is, so I will go with the GameCube Control buttons
Shield: He would just turn sideways like Slim's power or the curse.
B: not sure
Side B: Hammer and you can charge it or make Hammer B and have Bomb instead and Bombette and Bobbery appear.
Up B: Tornado Jump from PM1, getting the Ultra Boots
Down B: Barry?
All the A attacks: not sure
Final Smash: idk Supernova?
Taunts: Do the Appeal pose from PM2, not entirely sure what else.
But he shouldn't be a clone of Mario if he ever made it into a Smash game. But it's not the best choice for a 6th rep.

If Paper Mario made it in I kinda doubt he'd be unique

They didn't bother making Toon Link unique by using some of his moves from Wind Waker, Phanton Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, etc, and Ganondorf being a clone is ridiculous in itself already, what makes you think they'll make Paper Mario unique?

Ninelevendo said:
Paper Mario would easily have his own move set (Does he punch? At all?) but the chance of him being in the game is much less than his own width. A "clone" generally is categorised as a 100% same character to about the 65% Ratio, where Ganondorf, Toon Link, Falco and etc. fit in. A "semi-clone" is more like the 64-45% the same characters, where Luigi and Jigglypuff sit. Just sayin'.
Jigglypuff is completely unique. In Smash 64 she had a few similarities to Kirby but after that, she's nothing like Kirby.

Magikrazy said:
rabble robble paper mario

robble rabble no paper mario

Are you going to add anything constructive to this discussion other than your complaint about this debate?

I still stand by my opinion on Paper Mario. He would be a unique fighter. Daisy has a much higher chance of being a clone than Paper Mario, and she's even with him in the poll. It doesn't matter whether you like Daisy or not. I like her, but she'll most likely end up being a clone if included. Her moveset potential is much smaller than Paper Mario. Plus, Paper Mario is the most likely character to represent the Mario RPGs; Daisy would not be the best representative of the Mario spin-offs she appears in (that honor goes to Waluigi). The Mario RPGs need representation, and Paper Mario would be the best character to rep them.

If you are still against Paper Mario think about this. Most people who claim they want Paper Mario as a playable character can suggest a good moveset. Most people who claim they want Daisy do not give a feasible moveset.

Mcmadness said:
I'd rather play as a dang Goomba.
Someday, many years from now, at the height of the hype for Super Smash Bros. LXVII, confused fans everywhere will let out a collective "huh?" at the announcement of Goomba as a playable character.

...and then someone will say "Well hey, at least it ain't Shy Guy."

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
rabble robble paper mario

robble rabble no paper mario

Are you going to add anything constructive to this discussion other than your complaint about this debate?
I will say that I agree with GP, and that Paper Mario would be an interesting choice.

Lumastar said:
Most people who claim they want Paper Mario as a playable character can suggest a good moveset. Most people who claim they want Daisy do not give a feasible moveset.

I can argue that I can give a good, interesting moveset for practically any character in existence, and if they had barely any appearances prior, I'll make their attacks up. That's how Captain Falcon became a fighter.

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
Most people who claim they want Paper Mario as a playable character can suggest a good moveset. Most people who claim they want Daisy do not give a feasible moveset.

I can argue that I can give a good, interesting moveset for practically any character in existence, and if they had barely any appearances prior, I'll make their attacks up. That's how Captain Falcon became a fighter.
Fox and Captain Falcon were given original attacks because they were the best characters to represent two of Nintendo's big franchises. Daisy would be another Mario character.

Your argument was simply their moveset potential, not their importance to the franchise in question.

Baby Luigi said:
Your argument was simply their moveset potential, not their importance to the franchise in question.
Lumastar said:
I still stand by my opinion on Paper Mario. He would be a unique fighter. Daisy has a much higher chance of being a clone than Paper Mario, and she's even with him in the poll. It doesn't matter whether you like Daisy or not. I like her, but she'll most likely end up being a clone if included. Her moveset potential is much smaller than Paper Mario. Plus, Paper Mario is the most likely character to represent the Mario RPGs; Daisy would not be the best representative of the Mario spin-offs she appears in (that honor goes to Waluigi). The Mario RPGs need representation, and Paper Mario would be the best character to rep them.
You were saying?

Also, I do believe 3D Player gave an original moveset to Daisy.

I don't doubt that Daisy wouldn't be a clone. I just don't like her. At all.

Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
You were saying?

You modified your post to make me look like a moron, right?

Besides, can you explain to me why the Mario RPGs are more "deserving" than other Mario spin-offs?

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
You were saying?

You modified your post to make me look like a moron, right?
No, I modified my post three minutes before.

How the ---- did I know that you modified your post? I posted my counterargument at about 3:15 pm, you modified your original post at 3:16

Baby Luigi said:
How the ---- did I know that you modified your post? I posted my counterargument at about 3:15 pm, you modified your original post at 3:16
That was the post about an original moveset.

Anyway, you seem to be oddly negative about Daisy's inclusion in this thread:
http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=29340.1400

Back