Critically acclaimed movies you don't like

Dr. Javelin said:
i don't know about you but that's a lot of good fight scenes to me
sorry did I say fight scenes or notable fight scenes, cause i really don't remember much of this

my point still stands that it was quiet

gp misunderstood my post - he seemed to think that I would point out action and fights twice

Иeptune said:
the matrix just felt too quiet
this is the part where I point out that it was quiet, not much happened, and there was basically no character development

Иeptune said:
plus the fight scenes in the second were awesome
this is where I point out that the second one had fantastic fight scenes

to summarise what I meant by my post

the 1st movie was quiet, had fight scenes, whatever

the second movie was more prominent, had fight scenes, good plot, sounds fun

Dr. Javelin said:
Иeptune said:
I'm gonna be absolutely honest with you all here

The second movie was the best, in my opinion. More stuff happened in it, the matrix just felt too quiet

plus the fight scenes in the second were awesome

the third movie is where it was all *bleep*. I mean they killed off trinity! Morpheus barely did anything inside the matrix. In fact, three quarters of the film was them outside the bloody matrix. Just them fighting off the sentinentals.

love honest trailers <3

Иeptune said:
Dr. Javelin said:
sorry did I say fight scenes or notable fight scenes, cause i really don't remember much of this
if you honestly don't remember the lobby shootout scene or the neo vs smith fight in the subway... i don't even know what to say to that

i think i'll just go cry in a corner now

also did you even watch that video i posted

neptune what are you even talking about

half of the matrix was action scenes. when was the last time you saw it?

There was one really good scene in Reloaded. The rest of it wasn't as good but was ok. I don't really remember the third one apart from the ending sucking terribly. The Animatrix was better.

I agree that most of the iconic shit is in the first one.

No-Face said:

That's the problem I have with these movies, more action and less character development

Dr. Javelin said:
Иeptune said:
Dr. Javelin said:
if you honestly don't remember the lobby shootout scene or the neo vs smith fight in the subway... i don't even know what to say to that

i think i'll just go cry in a corner now

also did you even watch that video i posted
nah

No-Face said:

couple of weeks ago

usually i pick a trilogy or a franchise to watch every week and i just watch them all the way through

anyway it's not about the action, that was just gp taking what i said out of context, and insulting me

by quiet, it's that there was no character development

then i stated that the second movie was "louder", in the sense that more stuff was going on

and then i added that there were cool fight scenes, not connected to what i said, just wanted to add that as part of why i liked the fucking movie

gp then called me michael bay

that's what you call being a bitch

so i went and watched the matrix again today just to make sure it was as awesome as i remembered, and...

of course it still is. what's wrong with you neptune? the beginning's a little slow, sure, and the characters aren't the greatest (except morpheus, morpheus is cool) but it's got top-notch action and a great plot (one of the few movies that the "prophecy" didn't kill it for me)

Dr. Javelin said:
so i went and watched the matrix again today just to make sure it was as awesome as i remembered, and...

of course it still is. what's wrong with you neptune? the beginning's a little slow, sure, and the characters aren't the greatest (except morpheus, morpheus is cool) but it's got top-notch action and a great plot (one of the few movies that the "prophecy" didn't kill it for me)

oh for fucks sake nobody's even listening to me

wait that's not true, you are listening to me, you're just listening to things that don't make shit sense when separated to anything else I've been saying

it's not about the action

let me say that again to reiterate what I'm saying

ok?

it's quiet

as in there's basically no character development, hardly any secondary characters, and frankly the plot revolved purely around training neo. that was this movie. the next movie had more characters, character development really hit well as more characters were introduced, and it actually had a compelling storyline that the world was under attack by an army of frickin clones, which threatened not only the matrix but the real world, not to mention the insane guy, the other agents, the Frenchman, the two ghost guys, soooo many ninjas, and the sentinentals ALL of them posing rather serious threats

oh yeah, and also the fight scenes were cool. Also. That's the defining word here. Also. It basically means that I liked the fight scenes as part of the movie. It didn't define the movie, it was just a good add-in.

i've given you substantial reason for preferring one movie over another, now can you just get off my fucking back about it now? Jesus Christ I feel like I'm being interrogated for information or some shit, fuckin hell.

the first movie didn't have plot development, but it didn't need it. the characters themselves felt interesting enough, and they were more secondary to the ideas of the movie.

It's not that I don't like frozen
>Good plot, characters etc.
>Good soundtrack unless overplayed (which it is)

I just don't get why everyone went bat-shit crazy over it
Twice

No-Face said:
the first movie didn't have plot development, but it didn't need it. the characters themselves felt interesting enough, and they were more secondary to the ideas of the movie.
They...did? Because Keanu Reeves pretty much gave only one lifeless facial expression.

yeah it is pretty silly how the only times his facial expression changes are when he's getting shot and when he's getting interrogated by the agents

morpheus was cool, tank was cool, agent smith was cool. trinity and neo were okay. despite his lack of facial expressions neo had a lot of good lines and you could feel his emotion through how he was fighting, or at least that's how i saw it
cypher is one of my favorite traitor characters of all time

he raised one of the best questions in the movie: are we really happier outside the matrix, knowing the truth? would we be happier if we just went back into the matrix, despite knowing the truth?

supermariofan said:
No-Face said:
They...did? Because Keanu Reeves pretty much gave only one lifeless facial expression.

To be fair, Keau Reeves always looks like that.

Blissey said:
supermariofan said:
No-Face said:

To be fair, Keau Reeves always looks like that.
You haven't seen Bill and Ted have you?

Back