Critically acclaimed movies you don't like

The Grand Budapest Hotel

I found it really boring, and as a comedy it should've made me laugh rather than the occasional chuckle.

Duskull said:
The Grand Budapest Hotel

I found it really boring, and as a comedy it should've made me laugh rather than the occasional chuckle.
;-;

that's one of my favorite movies

though honestly, i've found most "comedies" aren't really that comedic. especially with wes anderson. rushmore and the royal tenenbaums did not feel like comedies

It's not that I hate it but I didn't enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy as thoroughly as some fans and reviewers did

Marvel movies just aren't for me

Baby Luigi said:
It's not that I hate it but I didn't enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy as thoroughly as some fans and reviewers did

Marvel movies just aren't for me
I'm not into Marvel either but Guardians of the Galaxy is great for being the first Marvel movie that's meant to be a comedy, the only two things I didn't like were the side characters backstories are great but I would understand them more if they're told through flashbacks, and the villain was sooooooo boring! I'm glad he got killed, that way he won't be in the sequel

supermariofan said:
Hackmon said:
God man spoilers.
What do you mean spoilers? Isn't it obvious that in every superhero movie the villain dies?

...no?

the main MAIN villain in Guardians isn't even killed off yet

Hackmon said:
No, it's really not.
doof let me tell you, that barely counts as a spoiler and you're not really going to care one way or another

the movie's plot quite frankly sucks. it's enjoyable for the action, the visuals, and the humor. but you're really not going to care much about the plot

Baby Luigi said:
supermariofan said:
Hackmon said:
God man spoilers.
What do you mean spoilers? Isn't it obvious that in every superhero movie the villain dies?

...no?

the main MAIN villain in Guardians isn't even killed off yet
he had like two lines. he barely counts as a villain, and he certainly doesn't count as an antagonist

I haven't laughed once in Guardians of the Galaxy. I smirked at most.

The movie felt tedious for me. Overall, it's forgettable.

Back