Critically acclaimed movies you don't like

I think we could make another thread for "Good movies with crappy endings".

Eevee said:
The Lego Movie. It had a few things goings going for it, like its sense of humor, but the plot twist at the end (about actual real-life people existing) was completely uncalled for, and it took away most of the respect I had for the movie.
you couldn't spoiler this, could you? it hasn't come out on dvd yet, and while i already know the plot twist, others might not know, so you're essentially spoiling it for them

hence the word spoiler

that goes for the rest of you too

I personally thought the plot twist was one of the things that retroactively explained everything in the story and made it more than just another kids movie (like how Bioshock Infinite's ending made it more than just another action game).

yeah honestly the ending really solidified a lot of the things they were doing in the movie and I thought it completed it rather well

It was guessable, especially after
the part where the ghost prophet guy (you know, Morgan Freeman. forgot the character's name) drops down on a string. At that point, I was starting to wonder "is this all in a kid's imagination"? I did manage to guess the hole of DOOM or whatever it was called was just a portal to the real world, which was cool, but I don't think I was really certain until it was actually revealed.

And of course, they left questions like "how was Emmet able to move on his own?". That just makes the story even more complex, in that the questions simply make the story more interesting.

which is why bioshock infinite's ending PISSES ME OFF a little in that while it answered all but two questions, those two quesions are REALLY BIG QUESTIONS aagghhhh. i'm playing through the whole game again just to see if i can find answers

Dr. Javelin said:
the part where the ghost prophet guy (you know, Morgan Freeman. forgot the character's name) drops down on a string.
i had just figured that was part of the legomation style of the movie

Eevee said:
The Lego Movie. It had a few things goings going for it, like its sense of humor, but the plot twist at the end
(about actual real-life people existing)
was completely uncalled for, and it took away most of the respect I had for the movie.
I hated that part.

No-Face said:
i don't get why everyone's so angry with that part?

I don't get it either. I actually really liked that part of the film

i just watched the lego movie, and i honestly didn't expect that part to be so good

seriously,

it shows how much the father can change, stop being the man upstairs and start being a father, stop being the villain and start being the hero

and the way it corresponds with what's going on in the lego world is also very sweet, and it makes a lot of sense to lord business' whole reason for what he did

and it was just so nice for him to finally realise that he is special, he is a brilliant builder, and can do wonderful things

Иeptune said:
Eevee said:
The Lego Movie. It had a few things goings going for it, like its sense of humor, but the plot twist at the end (about actual real-life people existing) was completely uncalled for, and it took away most of the respect I had for the movie.
you couldn't spoiler this, could you? it hasn't come out on dvd yet, and while i already know the plot twist, others might not know, so you're essentially spoiling it for them

hence the word spoiler

The LEGO Movie is on DVD.

Unikitty said:
Иeptune said:
Eevee said:

hence the word spoiler

The LEGO Movie is on DVD.
learn to tell time

when I posted that, it wasn't on DVD

it is now, but only for a few fucking days

wait about a year before openly posting spoilers, Jesus Christ is it so damn hard to understand?

Иeptune said:
i just watched the lego movie, and i honestly didn't expect that part to be so good
best animated movie in recent memory (if not of all time)

it's a crime that frozen continues to get more attention

personally, it beat out up, which was my previous favorite

so naturally i'd call it my personal favorite animated movie

Dr. Javelin said:
i don't care who i'm talking to, it's not like my opinion's going to change
yes but

did anything prompt you to say that

i mean we were talking about the lego movie

how does it relate to frozen in any way

Because people are STILL talking about Frozen! It bothers me! It was a good movie, sure, but it definitely doesn't deserve all this attention especially since The Lego Movie came out and was even better!

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dr. Javelin said:
personally, it beat out up, which was my previous favorite

so naturally i'd call it my personal favorite animated movie
I think I prefer The Land Before Time and Princess Mononoke to The Lego Movie.

I don't know, I feel like The Lego Movie will feel dated in 20 or so years while other animated films like the ones I mentioned and Up will be more timeless.

Dr. Javelin said:
Because people are STILL talking about Frozen! It bothers me! It was a good movie, sure, but it definitely doesn't deserve all this attention especially since The Lego Movie came out and was even better!

Just let it go.

Dr. Javelin said:

nobody even mentioned it

we were giving our attention to the lego movie

ironic GP post said:
Just let it go.

but thanks anyway for reminding me of this wonderful movie, now it is time to talk about frozen and how it is a wonderful movie

failed, you have

Back