Critically acclaimed movies you don't like

the lego movie is good, but i wouldn't place it as the best animated movie ever. then again, maybe i need to rewatch it

javelin, have you ever seen spirited away or coraline?

No-Face said:
javelin, have you ever seen spirited away or coraline?
never heard of spirited away. i did start coraline, but it was 30-45 minutes in and nothing had happened yet and the plot seemed really predictable (let me guess, the other world is evil) so i got bored and stopped watching it.

i wasn't really into any of the characters either, which is usually what keeps me going in slow parts of movies. it just wasn't building any suspense for me, and coraline was getting annoying by blatantly ignoring the advice of pretty much everyone to stay away from the other world. also she was being pointlessly rude to her real mom

so yeah, it was boring and i stopped watching it

Dr. Javelin said:
what's it abou- hey, you didn't get mad about my not liking coraline!

i'm pleasantly surprised
well i mean you're correct that it's predictable. though a lot of movies are predictable, but are executed so well that you don't really care. coraline is like that. i'm not going to get angry at you for not like coraline, but i do wish you'd at least finish the movie

anyway spirited away is about a girl who... um... i don't know i'm bad at describing things. how about if i watch the hunt for red october, you watch spirited away?

well first i need to complete my annual lord of the rings watching, but after that i might be open to checking new stuff out

right now my priorities are 1. practice dota 2, 2. play through bioshock infinite again, and 3. watch lord of the rings again

Dr. Javelin said:
well first i need to complete my annual lord of the rings watching, but after that i might be open to checking new stuff out
i, too, need to have my weekly LotR marathon soon

when all The Hobbit films are out on dvd i'm gonna marathon them+LOTR nonstop and it will be glorious

The Matrix franchise. Keanu Reeves wasn't as good as he was in Bill and Ted, not really into this stylized slow motion that this movie revolutionized.

Magikrazy said:
http://www.memegenerator.net/instance/52950392
I'm gonna be absolutely honest with you all here

The second movie was the best, in my opinion. More stuff happened in it, the matrix just felt too quiet

plus the fight scenes in the second were awesome

the third movie is where it was all shit. I mean they killed off trinity! Morpheus barely did anything inside the matrix. In fact, three quarters of the film was them outside the bloody matrix. Just them fighting off the sentinentals.

Иeptune said:
Magikrazy said:

The second movie was the best, in my opinion. More stuff happened in it, the matrix just felt too quiet

God forbid we have some quiet moments in a film.

Nope, better just have more action because more action=better.

Right Michael Bay?

Иeptune said:

the third movie is where it was all shit. I mean they killed off trinity! Morpheus barely did anything inside the matrix. In fact, three quarters of the film was them outside the bloody matrix. Just them fighting off the sentinentals.

GalacticPetey said:
Иeptune said:
Magikrazy said:

God forbid we have some quiet moments in a film.

Nope, better just have more action because more action=better.

Right Michael Bay?
yeah lash out at me, despite the fact that there were BASICALLY NO NOTABLE FIGHT SCENES IN THE FIRST MATRIX MOVIE

second matrix movie had good fight scenes

first matrix movie had next to none fight scenes

that's ALL i'm saying

christ you really didn't have to resort to calling me names

i like action scenes, not movies overloaded with action scenes, but there HAS TO BE SOME

it's not michael bay to ask for just a few fight scenes

plus there were no characters whatsoever

like it had three major characters, one major villain and two minor characters with like no major development

then we get the second movie, and we FINALLY GET SOME INTERESTING CHARACTERS

also why the hell are you complaining

you're the one who absolutely loves death and destruction in his movies, mr dbz

whoa whoa wait what are you talking about? first there's the fight scene where trinity beats up all the police officers, then there's the one where neo is trained by morpheus, then there's the morpheus vs agent smith fight (with misc. gun action between officers and neo's group), then there's the epic lobby shootout scene, then trinity and neo kill an agent and then neo fights smith for the rest of the movie with awesome choreography

i don't know about you but that's a lot of good fight scenes to me

Back