Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

SolarBlaze said:
Oh, someone hogged the spotlight alright in that game, but it wasn't Luigi.
Pink Gold Dreamy Baby Mario.

Vommack said:
Time to demand a Month of Waluigi, or something. Can't be a Year of Waluigi of course, that's Luigi's thing.
Or maybe Femtosecond of the Waluigi.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Shy Guy Forever said:
Lumastar said:
We need a sequel to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. That game is the best out of all of the highly-acclaimed Mario RPGs. Plus, it is my favorite Mario spin-off of all time.

Also, I can see Wario and Waluigi being added. :luma:
Wario I can see happening, but Waluigi? He only appears in spin-offs! (And Smash, of course.)
The fact that he continues to appear in said spinoffs suggests he has some importance. I wouldn't rule his inclusion out.
First off, all of the Mario RPGs are spin-offs. Second, we have never seen the Wario Bros.(?) in a Mario RPG, so we don't know if both of them would be added or not. :luma:

Cirdec said:
Vommack said:
Time to demand a Month of Waluigi, or something. Can't be a Year of Waluigi of course, that's Luigi's thing.

Waluigi doesn't deserve any second.
Yes he does. I can't see why anyone could dislike Waluigi. For a non-RPG character he really has quite a bit of personality. In fact if executed properly he would make a neat Paper Mario villain actually.

Cirdec said:
Vommack said:

I completely agree with this.

I want a sequel to Thousand-Year Door that uses the same gameplay concepts, maybe some new ones as interesting as the Bingo! and the crowd system. Super Paper Mario was good, but Thousand-Year Door was just superior, so I don't want a Super Paper Mario-styled game. And don't even get me started on the horrible thing that is Sticker Star.

Cirdec said:
Vommack said:

Yes he does. I can't see why anyone could dislike Waluigi. For a non-RPG character he really has quite a bit of personality. In fact if executed properly he would make a neat Paper Mario villain actually.

Its because his design and entire concept is really lazy.

Mcmadness said:
Cirdec said:
Vommack said:

He's a combination of Luigi, Wario and Dick Dastardly how is that lazy? There isn't too many options they could have used since he was intended to be Wario's Luigi, so they created something based on the existing designs they had to work with. I think it turned out well.

I don't know why nobody likes PM:SS... I think it's a smart way to introduce something new. I love the orignals, but PM:SS is different in a good way. It gives us a whole new feel of gameplay, with the feeling that you're playing the PM series we all know and love. In fact, I love them all that, their all my favorite. Can't choose between one. Thanks Nintendo for giving us a great series, I have hopes for a great PM for the Wii U :luigi: :daisy:

Mcmadness said:
Cirdec said:
Vommack said:

He's a combination of Luigi, Wario and Dick Dastardly how is that lazy? There isn't too many options they could have used since he was intended to be Wario's Luigi, so they created something based on the existing designs they had to work with. I think it turned out well.

You just said exactly how is lazy. He's a Wario version of Luigi and there really isn't else notable about him. Its almost fanfic like with how lazy his character design is.

Luigidaisy1 said:
Edited my Post? :luigi: :daisy:
Yes, above your post just click the "modify" button.
Mcmadness said:
Mcmadness said:
Cirdec said:
Vommack said:

You just said exactly how is lazy. He's a Wario version of Luigi and there really isn't else notable about him. Its almost fanfic like with how lazy his character design is.
As I said, there really wasn't much they had to work with. They had Wario, and Luigi to base him off of. He completes the square started by Mario, Luigi and Wario, and I think he worked quite well.

I know they didn't have a lot to work with which is why they never should have created him in the first place. He's absolutely bloody worthless as a character.

Not exactly true. Yes, Waluigi has both character designs in him, but in FACT, is his own unique character too. If Nintendo is willing to put him in their games means, they wanna keep him as his own character to rival with Luigi. :luigi: :daisy:

It's right next to the word "Quote" and between the word "Remove". Click on that, and you'll be able to edit your post.

EDIT: This was said in response to a (now) deleted post.

No it is so you don't double post like you did above. Click modify so you can edit your post to add more so you won't post 2 things right after the other.

Edit: it seems you figured it out.

Ok, deleted it. Thanks for letting me know. It was annoying trying to figure out why people were saying modify with no explanation. :D :luigi: :daisy:

Luigidaisy1 said:
I think it's a smart way to introduce something new.

It's ALWAYS smart to innovate but you have to make sure your innovation works. Considering that Sticker Star's and Mario Party 9's (not related to Paper Mario but it's still related in some shape or form) heavily cracked the fanbase apart, it's pretty likely that the innovation was poorly executed.

Sticker Star is exactly what I meant by innovation that works. It's great. I don't understand how people can hate on it so much, the fact that Nintendo did a wonderful job making this game. Yes, I know MP9 was very different, but was it different in a bad way? Certainly not. It was just very different compared to other MPs, which is probably why a lot of people didn't like it. They weren't used to it. If MP9s gameplay didn't work, then why is Nintendo taking a lot of the gameplay elements from that game, and using it for MP10? I strongly believe Nintendo is making the right choices, and we should just leave it up to them. After all, they've been around 30+ years, I think they know what their doing. :luigi: :daisy:

Considering some 95% of people hated it, I think it's safe to say the innovation wasn't well done. Change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing.

Not true. ALOT of people like both games. I'd say about 50%-50% of people liked/disliked it. But certainly not 95%. I go on many Mario fan pages, not just this one, and a lot of people liked those games. Nintendo knows what innovation works, and what innovation doesn't. So if MP9s innovation didn't work, I don't think Nintendo would be reusing a lot of elements from that game. Sort of like Nintendo themselves said LOZ SS training didn't work at all, which is why Zelda U is going to be different from SS. If MP9s gameplay elements didn't work, they wouldn't be reusing it. As for PM SS, only a few people I know didn't like it. Every I go, people say they love that game. It was a great PM RPG game. Some people just didn't want to like it because it was different from the originals. Like I said, Nintendo knows what their doing. :luigi: :daisy:

There's a fine line between reusing something because it worked and reusing something due to poor judgement. Nintendo might be industry veterans, but that doesn't mean they're magically immune to making mistakes.

Nintendo doesn't really know what innovation is, even if it smacked them right in the face. Compared to many developers, Nintendo is much happier to reuse their existing franchises rather than come up with a new one. Hell, they announced only one completely new IP this year (Splatoon).

I can't go into detail on why the Sticker Star system failed. I never played the game, and word of mouth is convincing enough not to buy the game. But if you personally like it, good for you. Spore was a disappointing game in itself, yet I still thoroughly enjoyed it. You can acknowledge a game's flaws and still enjoy the game. That's how opinions work. But you should understand that not everyone appreciates Sticker Star's changes, and many who don't often have a strong reason not to.

Clearly anyone knows that. BUT, Nintendo is careful on what they do. They wouldn't be reusing it if it didn't work. Everyone makes mistakes, and Nintendo had their fare share, but like I said, they fix them. MP9 and PM SS were clearly not mistakes. People who appreciate Nintendo's games clearly know it was amazing. Good quality is not easy to find, but when it comes to Nintendo, you can be sure you're in for a great game. :luigi: :daisy:

Back