Civilization V

Also if you plan on adding custom music to your civ, there's an amazing generator that basically does the all work for you (I can link that for you if you want it)

Please do. :)

Goody gravy, I have to check this out sometime! Thanks!

so i bought this game because it was on sale

it's pretty fun so far, even though i still haven't finished a game yet

also i'm playing as america, and it started playing this song, and then i was like "wait a second... omg we're playing this song in band!"

so yeah pretty cool

Ringabel said:
it wasn't even like a really famous song or anything as far as i know, but yeah
wait, really? i thought it player america the beautiful, which is pretty famous. unless it's also playing a more subtle one?

Dr. Javelin said:
Ringabel said:
it wasn't even like a really famous song or anything as far as i know, but yeah
wait, really? i thought it player america the beautiful, which is pretty famous. unless it's also playing a more subtle one?

America the beautiful plays on the leader screen
In normal map screen gameplay there are four sets of music iirc
America has the Europe set I think

i know at least at one point during the game i was surveying my empire and suddenly i was like "oh that sounds familiar... IT'S AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL OMG"

so it's not just in the loading screen

Dr. Javelin said:
i know at least at one point during the game i was surveying my empire and suddenly i was like "oh that sounds familiar... IT'S AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL OMG"

leader screen
the loading screen for vanilla is OST

if you were at war with someone at the time that's probably why
though idk maybe you just got lucky

So completed my first game with Germany and dominated the world and banned soccer forever. Man it is so much harder to destroy cities on this version.

Now doing the Wonders of the World scenario as the Persians.

Dr. Javelin said:

One of the music I heard was a section of Dvorak's 2nd movement from the New World, and I'm playing the French. A bit surprising, since I expected to hear instruments associated with French, such as accordion.

Maᴙio said:
One of the music I heard was a section of Dvorak's 2nd movement from the New World, and I'm playing the French. A bit surprising, since I expected to hear instruments associated with French, such as accordion.

France is part of the Europe set
Europe has the best set of music though, it's gorgeous

i heard the Chinese tune one time (my first empire was the Chinese)

I liked the music

IcicleRain said:
Maᴙio said:

France is part of the Europe set
Europe has the best set of music though, it's gorgeous
I wish I recognized some of the tunes. I agree through, the music fits the game so well. It's very grandiose at points and calming at other points. I don't really go to war, though, which I think the music would ramp up a bit.

I found my new favorite country to be as. It is Austria. Not only is Austria one of my favorite countries of all time, but it has a fantastic ability. You can purchase City-States and annex it (or puppet or raze it, but seriously, annex it). I just feel like this is such an OP ability. Like I know that decreases the possibile food, money, troops, etc and also world congress delegates, but it screws everybody else over too who also may become allies with that city-state. Plus you can get all the valuable resources and every single unit it controls in it without going to war and losing popularity with other countries. And to top it all off, it works perfectly fine as a city when you annex instead of the whole "everybody is resisting, build a courthouse", although there still will be some unhappiness, but not nearly as much as taking it by force. I am still testing the waters with Austria, but the possibillities with this ability is so good.

DragonFreak said:
Fun Fact: Now in Civilization V on Steam, if you get a Science Victory, there is an option that says "Go BEYOND EARTH" and if you click on it, it will direct you to Beyond Eart the game.
I need to see this
wow nice move steam

DragonFreak said:
It used to be different?
I'm just talking about the screen at the end
maybe it changed after BNW and I just can't remember but I don't think I've seen that artwork/text before

Back