Civilization V

Haha, not surprised. Heck, you may even find this as enjoyable as Spore.

told you guys

be warned that these games can last hours and hours without you even noticing. once i looked up from my game and it was dawn, which meant i needed to force myself to sleep so i could actually do something the next day

the "one more turn" complex is super addictive

Hackmon said:
Haha, not surprised. Heck, you may even find this as enjoyable as Spore.

It most certainly is. In fact, the communication screen between leaders reminds me of the comm screen in Spore (though that is actually based off Civilization really).

Dr. Javelin said:
told you guys

be warned that these games can last hours and hours without you even noticing. once i looked up from my game and it was dawn, which meant i needed to force myself to sleep so i could actually do something the next day

My sister played it from when we woke up to late in the night, nonstop except for food breaks. It's really that addicting.

proof of javelin's statement
ive spent nearing 600 hours on it in less than a year

It's so good
But the new one is out soon and it looks better

Dr. Javelin said:
told you guys

This game did suck a lot of my time. I didn't even realize that, after my waking moments, I played until, like, 3 o'clock PM, and I was itching to play more. It took me 2 days of nearly-continuous gameplay to achieve a victory (a cultural victory for my French units), and I'd like to explore the mods. The developers even encourage modding, which, in my book, should be something EVERY developer should do. They need to be praised for this.

Baby Man said:
My sister played it from when we woke up to late in the night, nonstop except for food breaks. It's really that addicting.
yeah it's crazy like that. i have 40 hours in civ and i've only ever played two games
Maᴙio said:
This game did suck a lot of my time. I didn't even realize that, after my waking moments, I played until, like, 3 o'clock PM, and I was itching to play more. It took me 2 days of nearly-continuous gameplay to achieve a victory (a cultural victory for my French units), and I'd like to explore the mods. The developers even encourage modding, which, in my book, should be something EVERY developer should do. They need to be praised for this.
i personally don't like modding too much but i like the fact that it's available. more power to the player

I don't mind long drawn out games. It's an added bonus how awesome it looks to see your civilizations evolve over time

I'm not sure why you wouldn't like modding. They're basically optional improvements, from balancing to crazy things you like, and they really bolster the community. If Civilization didn't have a lot of replayability already, modding just completely adds to it.

Oh yes, the sense of progression is amazing in this game. Very satisfying.

I've modded already myself, and I personally find it to be a great addition.

There are lots of tutorials out there to make it quite easy, and I just asked on civfanatics if I was confused.

Took me like a week or two (of course I didn't mod the whole time just when I could) to add a custom zelda civ in the game and hopefully I can add more soon as well.

But yes this game is so addicting! It makes the time fly.

Yeah, there are some tutorials on this, which is really nice.

I'm figuring out how to make the Americans seem like they're worshipping Wario by replacing all their city names with Wario Town, Wariopolis, Wario City, Wario Village, and probably modifying George Washington to say Wario things. Heh, I can't wait how that turns out.

oh yeah i love renaming cities. early in one of my games i conquered alexander the great (he shot first, so hush) and renamed all his cities to american names like houston and los angeles

Dr. Javelin said:
oh yeah i love renaming cities. early in one of my games i conquered alexander the great (he shot first, so hush) and renamed all his cities to american names like houston and los angeles
I killed off England and the United States, so yeah.

I'd like to rename cities, although I like the French names as well...

So mario wiki game soon maybe?

I feel like there is a way to save multiplayer games so you don't have to play them in one sitting but I honestly have no idea if that's right or how to do it

New Super Mario said:
So mario wiki game soon maybe?

I feel like there is a way to save multiplayer games so you don't have to play them in one sitting but I honestly have no idea if that's right or how to do it

yeah, I'm planning one, thread should be up soon (laziness -__-)
the host can save the game and then reload it

IcicleRain said:
For anyone looking to buy this the complete edition is on sale on steam right now
it's 14 euros

Godammit my dad was in haste to buy the game so he bought it full price no too long ago

Just completed my second mod (in like two days, a lot faster than last time)

FE80016B298AA3989347C26292CAA291009C01E9

I'm trying to upload my mods to the steam workshop for anyone who wants them, but right now it's not working unfortunately.

Managed to upload my Spyro Civilization here

Still trying to get my tags to work though. If you want it, just hit subscribe and it will appear in your mods.

Still working on getting my Zelda civ to work as well for anyone interested.

Shit, can you provide me some instructions on how to make my own civilization?

I'd love someone like Mario commanding a whole civilization.

Oh, don't worry, I've made mods on other things before, so I can totally handle step-by-step instructions on how to mod something.

Maᴙio said:
Shit, can you provide me some instructions on how to make my own civilization?

I'd love someone like Mario commanding a whole civilization.

Oh, don't worry, I've made mods on other things before, so I can totally handle step-by-step instructions on how to mod something.
http://kael.civfanatics.net/files/ModdersGuide.pdf

That guide might help you. It's a little outdated though, and missing some things from the expansions and such.

Eh, I've seen the guide, but I'd like to know which aspects are outdated, just so I can have a lookout.

Maᴙio said:
Eh, I've seen the guide, but I'd like to know which aspects are outdated, just so I can have a lookout.
I'm not entirely sure offhand. I do know that a few things were changed from vanilla to G&K but I don't think they're that major. Also the mod doesn't tell you how to add spy names (something that is required for it to even run right.

There are loads of extra tutorials on civfanatics you can check out if you're ever stuck, but for now I'd recommend going through the tutorial until you run into a problem. Also check your logs after playtesting.

Oh, okay.

I need to check out civfanatics for that stuff.

Back