Splatoon

Hopefully I get to be in this one.

I've been trying to get the game to start since 30 minutes

keeps saying "no more connections to the server possible", as in the server is completely fucked by too many requests aka sorta ddos.

the only possible way to play a console fps for me is with a wiimote

that literally decides if i will buy the game or not. i cannot play with a regular controller, or even by moving a regular controller, for lyfe.

I just want to say, all my interest for this game has dropped to zero, thanks to what I recall, a really lackluster local multiplayer. Yes, if local multiplayer feasible or not, I'll be lying to say that I want this game.

I wasn't too interested initially, but eh, online multiplayer has never, ever been fun for me.

You can do local multiplayer but with only one other person and they have to use either the Gamepad or Pro Controller.

Ok, I can safely say I am shit with the Charger. My favorite is the Roller. I got 12 kills vs 2 deaths in one game with it.

i had one match where i won like... 43.7 to 43.6

my very last match, i fuckin' lost 43.0 to 43.2

Gamefreak75 said:
You can do local multiplayer but with only one other person and they have to use either the Gamepad or Pro Controller.

And you can't co-op against CPUs, right?

Well if that's the case I won't get the game.

i find the lack of local multiplayer to be really stupid but the game was built around the online mode and it's amazing so I'm not too fussed

it just means i won't be playing it when i have friends over

I'm hoping they might patch it, you'll never know. The best thing to do right now is to remain optimistic.

I'm wondering how it will be done, though. I bet Splatoon does make some essential use of the Gamepad. But... again, why can't people be in the same team against bots in local multiplayer? The player with the Gamepad might have an advantage, but there's nothing preventing communication or putting in Gamepad information onto the screen.

Yeah it's weird, in local multiplayer you navigate around one of the maps and shoot balloons instead. Person with the most balloons popped wins. It's basically a glorified training level.

there are AI controlled inklings in story mode (octolings) so my guess is that they couldn't get split-screen turf-wars to work without substantial lag or something

Well, that's what I call bare-bones.

I don't know the true explanation, but perhaps that's a valid point. How crazy can those games be in one screen?

Back