Splatoon

so not only do you get to play as cute squid girls, but you get to customize their outfits. this game is automatically best game of 2014

this game gets more amazing every time they show a trailer

plaza menu hub, customisable characters and loadouts, and THAT STYLE

I can't decide who I like more out of the shopkeepers, the sea anemone or the jellyfish

I really hope this does well.

GBAToad said:
this game gets more amazing every time they show a trailer
Agreed, I never thought I'd be this excited for a shooter.

so the word on the street is that this game is gonna have amiibo

hnnng i need it now

What will the amiibo do?

Maybe random unlock guns like what Hyrule Warriors does? Or costumes for the characters?

Baby Luigi said:
What will the amiibo do?

Maybe random unlock guns like what Hyrule Warriors does? Or costumes for the characters?
I think that it will go deeper than that. Hyrule Warriors simply jumped on the Smash amiibo craze. This would not be, even if Inkling somehow ends up in Smash (hence boy and girl versions).

I read somewhere that this might be so that players can carry their characters to a friend's house for the duel mode or something like that.

I comprehended the amiibo functionality wrong: I thought it was amiibo support for like the existing ones instead of a new line of amiibos.

I wouldn't oppose a Splatoon amiibo line but considering the amiibo disaster I don't have much faith in it actually stocking.

HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING FUN

like damn

really: get the global testfire demo and play it when the allotted time comes; there is no way to describe how BRILLIANT this system/idea is

I played it. It was good.

I got to play it at 10, it was fun, I had to change the motion controls though as I just couldn't play with them on. I really like the demo, I don't really like the sniper gun, whatever it was called, but the rest of the weapons are fine. I really don't want to get up early tomorrow to play the demo again, plus I can't play it later at 2 because I won't be home but at least I played it.

One thing I hated was when you get a teammate who just stands there and does nothing, that's is going to be a huge problem.

Had some fun during the testfire. I actually managed to get into a match with one of the guys from Another Castle so that was a nice surprise. Also gave my sister a few goes and she liked it so yay, someone to play local with.

Roller is OP. It was also my favourite weapon :v

YoshiGo99 said:
One thing I hated was when you get a teammate who just stands there and does nothing, that's is going to be a huge problem.
Sometimes people get called away from their game or disconnect, that's not a problem the software can solve

question: should i play the tutorial or just jump straight into battle?

It depends on whether or not you want to figure out the controls without being shot at/run over.

next, and LAST global testfire session begins in 30 minutes

you best be ready to squid

okay so i just played that

motion controls are awful and so is the splat charger but luckily you don't have to use either

once i figured out what to do and got the hang of things, this was really fun. i wish there was a little bit more opportunity for strategy playing these maps, but i'm sure things will develop in the full game

i don't think i saw anyone using the charger lol

Yeah, Roller is overused, but I think at least one is needed because they are great at spreading turf, Shooter is okay and charger is rare. I use the charger because I love to kill people, though this weapon is awful for spreading turf.

Back