Mario Party 10

Don't remember what those were like so I can't say.

Basically, in Mario Party 5, there's a result where they tally up your coins and stars. Then, they hand out the bonus star. When the winner is determined, the characters go high-speed, and each successive losing character (4th first, 3rd second, then a moment, then 2nd place) getting suddenly left behind (as if the background is sucking them away). Then, the first place music plays and all that jazz. Mario Party 6 is similar, but the characters are ascending this time and the losers fall, one by one.

MP8 was pretty underwhelming too. probably cuz you had to listen to ballyhoo... well... ballyhoo.

Mario Party Σ said:
Basically, in Mario Party 5, there's a result where they tally up your coins and stars. Then, they hand out the bonus star. When the winner is determined, the characters go high-speed, and each successive losing character (4th first, 3rd second, then a moment, then 2nd place) getting suddenly left behind (as if the background is sucking them away). Then, the first place music plays and all that jazz. Mario Party 6 is similar, but the characters are ascending this time and the losers fall, one by one.

Those were ok. But I miss the actual board endings, like seeing the winner have a sword dual with Bowser or the star opening the treasure box revealing the golden bananas for the winner.

Fawful said:
Am I the only one who liked Ballyhoo and Big Top and would actually like to see them in another game?

No, I liked them too

I was indifferent. I liked the idea of different hosts for different boards.

Mcmadness said:
Mario Party Σ said:

Those were ok. But I miss the actual board endings, like seeing the winner have a sword dual with Bowser or the star opening the treasure box revealing the golden bananas for the winner.
I think the Mario Party 2 one is the best, lol. Like in Western Land, the winner person wins a cork gun duel simply by virtue of being vertically challenged.

Ah ya corked me!!

Just to be fair, Bowser's aim was half-assed.

I also saw the cutscene where the winning guy (Mario for me because *spoilers* I use Mario *spoilers*) turned Bowser into a million pieces and then a frog.

With arms like those I don't blame him.

And wizard Bowser is amusing, especially with how he wears his robe.

Mario Party Σ said:
Mario Party 6 is similar, but the characters are ascending this time and the losers fall, one by one.
From the gameplay footage I watched, in the Mario Party mode this is how it's done.

Okay I just got this game today and I'm just going to give my general thoughts on everything.

Okay so currently the only "mario" (by that I mean Smash bros.) characters I have are Yoshi and Bowser. Be careful with Bowser as you do get his board and you can have him playable but in my case I was playing with 2 people. And unfortunately EVERY minigame in an amiibo party will be a Bowser minigame if you have him in the actual party. I also grabbed these badges that said I could play on the Mario board even though I don't have a Mario amiibo. I'm not sure if it's temporary and I only get to play it the one time the badge is equipped or what. I also put Yoshi on the character select screen and had him as my character. My thing said "P1" on it meaning human and others said "CPU". However I accidentally clicked and dragged another character and put it in my character slot and it was accepted. It was not an amiibo and probably has no special bonuses, but I wonder if you could play as a character you don't have an amiibo of.

So I enjoyed it quite a bit, it felt like a bit of the classic Mario Party (aside from the fact that I was stuck with Bowser minigames thanks to my brother wanting to play). However, it's not perfect. It's really annoying having to have so many things around you. Every turn you have to grab the wiimote, tap the amiibo, then use the wiimote again for options, land on a happening space or something, tap the amiibo again. Then pass the gamepad around to the next person, then the next and in my case, it would have to go back to Bowser for the minigame at the end of it all. Not a big fan of the whole carry a bunch of crap around and then pass it to so and so.

Additionally, I feel like it's a big cash-in of a mode because while it gives amiibo more functionality, it just bothers me that CPU's are just standard cardboard game pieces like you'd see in Chutes and Ladders or something. I mean maybe not make it mandatory to have a $15 amiibo just to unlock the mode in the 1st place, when it seems like they could have just made everyone cardboard pieces or at least make CPU's look somewhat well thought out. However if my theory is correct, you may not have to have a Rosalina amiibo to play as Rosalina (for example) and with some patience, you may be able to get the badges for a certain board, but I haven't tested it yet and it's probably false. Even if you could you still need 4 amiibos for 4 players, even if the switching the amiibo to a different character would work.

Overall amiibo mode is alright. It's not great but not terrible either. Maybe some more time into it I'll have a stronger opinion on it.

So I have played Bowser party both as Bowser and as Team Mario. I have also played on all the maps as well (not from both factions though). You can have 1 human as Bowser and another human as the Mario team which is nice, all the CPUs difficulty can be adjusted, so that's good. I can see why people can get upset that there are only 3 maps, but this game just came out and I just got it so haven't gotten tired of it yet.

I can see why people have found it unbalanced but I haven't lost on either side. Idk maybe I'm just good at the minigames. If you are Bowser, it's fun being a total *bleep* to people... If you can catch them. Honestly playing as Bowser this seemed to be an issue I couldn't catch up with anyone till the end. However that's just my luck and with all the *bleep* Bowser Jr. does such as giving extra dice blocks and rerolls that's probably a good thing. I have played the water place and the grassland as Bowser and I got to say I like the water place more. Just because of being able to see things such as the path on the road or chests your opponents can't, therefore making you use your trickery skills even more. Maybe I'll like the Lava Castle place more as Bowser.

Now as team Mario. I played the grassland and the Castle and oh my, on the grassland place (sorry for these generic names), Bowser didn't stand a chance. We were working together and landed on plenty of heart spaces to keep each other alive, and avoiding Bowser with his minigames was easy. Then we were getting big numbers and Bowser just could not catch up to us (this seems to happen a lot on the grass stage....for me anyway). But I played the castle place as Mario and oh man did that feel like a close battle. There are these traps that feel kind of bullshitty because you will have a row of spaces and it will be something like "if you get anything other than a 4 you will lose half of your hearts". Now this is the kind of bull that makes this unfair. This is the kind of thing that makes it very difficult for team Mario to win because it's just unfair luck with not as many ways it is in your favor. Despite everything though, I still managed to win.

I think Bowser Party is okay. I enjoyed being able to push through to the end as team Mario (seriously at the end of the castle stage all my teammates were dead). Being Bowser to crush CPUs is also fun (although it's tougher to fool them because you don't actually know what they're thinking and can't read expressions etc). Although I feel a little mean when I'm Bowser and I'm up against humans.

Didn't really do anything here. I only played one map on here. It's MP9 with new graphics and maps what else do I have to say?

I should probably point out that there's even LESS minigames that you play within here than in 9. At least you played a decent amount in 9's but here you're lucky to get a few.

While it is true that there's not a "Mode" where you can conveniently go to get all your minigame modes, but it's there somewhat. You have Bowser minigames free-play "hidden" in the Bowser Party Menu, the other minigames in the Mario Party menu. This feels like Smash 4 cramming everything into all of it's menus. However, while there isn't anything clever like "find all the marbles" or "fill in your garden" or Choice Challenge (seriously Choice Challenge was my favorite why didn't it return), there are other things to do. There is a Bowser Minigame Marathon where you play all the Bowser minigames at once like in MPDS' Boss Bash (although it's Bowser Minigames here although I wouldn't be surprised to see that too). There's also the standard "play 3/5/7 minigames in a row" minigame that's been around. Something I like is the Tournament where it's like Duel Mountain, but you can have up to 8 players and you play 4-player minigames instead.

Every Mario Party since 6 has that one or two stupid minigame for 1 player that doesn't really make much sense to be put elsewhere, what's this got to offer? Well there's badminton, a weird cross between Tetris and Stick N' Spin. There's also not one but TWO Bowser Jr. minigames.... Man might as well not even have it. They're both easy anyway. But that's it. The other one is the Bowser minigames marathon I already mentioned mentioned in the section above.

I have played all the Free-for-all and Bowser Minigames. I can say for the Free-for-all, I don't recall seeing a single button-mashing or luck-based minigame. That's just wonderful (unless you count a memory game but that's not technically luck). A lot of them are "survive to the end" and I like that. They're not bad in my opinion but I guess you'll have to pick your poison.

Bowser minigames. Well there are only 10 of them. A little disappointing. There is one luck AND a button mashing game here. So let's thanks ND cube for that. Some of them seem just outright unforgiving if you aren't careful as team Mario. I guess that it's fun to win and say that Bowser's extreme advantage wasn't enough to beat you but then again, being Bowser is just as fun.

I think I like the 4-player minigames more, but I'll have to see what the 2v2, 1v3, and Boss minigames have to offer

There is no Story Mode. I'm not hurt by it I hated the luck that you needed in 9's. I don't want to play through a bunch of boards at once or whatever. However this is how you would unlock the hidden characters in both 8 and 9. I wondered how you unlocked Toadette and Spike. Ugh at least unlocking the 2 hidden characters in 9 felt like you earned (more like had the patience to deal with it) to get them. Here I unlocked both Toadette and Spike within the 1st 10minutes of playing. I get that I wanted something other than a Story mode to unlock characters but what it is instead is not what I had in mind.

So how do you get them? You buy them from the Shop like in MP7. Now in 7 it took a while to get the points needed to unlock them in there. Here, they are only worth 600. Now hold on, that may sounds like a lot, but it is ridiculously easy to get points.

There's achievements! Well they're technically called Challenges but whatever. I liked the challenges in MPDS. How does it hold up here? You get MP Points for completing these challenges that you can use to buy things in the shop. Well what are these challenges? Well literally I'd say 75% of the challenges are "Complete x mode" or "Do x in x minigame" and "Have 4 players do x in x minigame."

So you get an insane amount of points for things where if you bought the game you'd probably do anyway at first. So I quickly rack up on points and buy Toadette and Spike. I also bought the Master difficulty because why not. then I started taking a look at the challenges that and saw that nearly every minigame thats "walk to the goal and live" has a challenge of "Have 4 people survive". And every one you complete gives you 700 points. Now being a person who could never get 4 people to play and get everybody to a certain number of points or survive in some random minigame, I just put 3 CPUs on Master difficulty. And you know what? These challenges became like nothing. In about 1 hour, I was able to complete all of the Direct Minigames challenges and without even knowing that alone got like 10,000 points. Seriously I bought All the vehicles and Music. The only thing left is the photos but thank goodness that feels like it may take a while.

My point is that basically you can get everything in the game super fast and makes it feel like the developers are just handing it to you. And the only challenges that aren't there's something bullshit like "Get all 4 players to roll the same number in party mode in one turn" or "get Bowser to roll 7 dice blocks at once in 1 turn".

Overall I don't hate MP10. In fact I like it. It gave me a good first impression. However I see some things as I look into it that keep it from being perfect. I will need to give it some time before I place it in my Mario Party rankings No way in hell will it ever beat 6;.

On a side note, man that took forever to type. I'm going to bed now.

got this game as an early birthday present, and i do enjoy it muuuuuuch more than mp9 but it's still very meh

bowser party is pretty cool, and much more fun than mario party. however it's hard to catch up to people and it's kinda hard to win as bowser because team mario constantly gets hearts and quite a few of the bowser minigames are just luck, like the bingo one and the slot machine one. although i may just be bad

haven't tried amiibo party yet because my amiibos are at my dad's

If anyone still doesnt have this game and wants it at a cheaper price then you can win it at 5daygamers, the next person to donate $20 or £13 wins the game :) were doing some give aways to help get donations in and Automatoncreature is giving away Mario Party 10

Y'know advertising is against the rules here. Even if you didn't link anything, posting for the sole purpose of getting people to click the links in your sig is still advertising.

im sorry but theres no where to ever advertise anything, were just a group of small youtubers trying to raise as much money as we can and the only way for us to get more dontations is to promote to everything we can, we can barely keep 8 constant viewers so sorry but we dont know any other way to promote and spread the word. There isnt advertising sites that i know of, none of us really have many people on social sites while sites like this have thousands of people which i thought at least a couple of people would be nice enough to help us out :)

Happy six-year anniversary Mario Party 10!

On this day exactly six years ago, Mario Party 10 was released for the Nintendo Wii U system here in America. This game is hated by many because people wanted a return to the gameplay style from Mario Party 1-8 and DS where everybody moved around the board individually, but Nintendo decided to bring back the car from Mario Party 9. I also hated this game when it first came out, but as time went on I started to enjoy this game more and right now I would consider it to be my favorite Mario Party game. I have many good memories of this game, for example, back in the summer of 2016 I would spend the night at my cousin's place once a week, and we'd have a great time playing this game and Mario Kart 8. In the next year, we still played this game and we tried out the other modes (Bowser Party and amiibo Party) which are even more fun the main Party mode, in my opinion. Amiibo Party was especially fun, because our goal was to try to collect all of the tokens with our amiibo figures (we never did though). Loads of fun.

I'd like to share all of the screenshots that I took of this game. These are the best things that have happened to me while playing this game:

8/26/2016
XXn2kua.jpg
If4uXvW.jpg

My first tie in this game. I played on the Haunted Trail board and I was controlling three characters, Luigi, Waluigi, and Wario. Peach was a CPU on Master difficulty, and my goal was just for her to win at the end. Right before the final boss, somebody landed on a Bowser Space and caused a Bowser Revolution which made everyone have the same amount of mini-stars. Having a Bowser Revolution at the end could easily lead to two players winning at the end, and it also explains why the mini-star amounts are really close.

9/23/2017
Xgy7qsl.jpg
YaHtMqJ.jpg

More than a year later, I had my second tie, this time while playing with my cousin. He was Toad, I controlled both Toadette and Peach, and Yoshi was the CPU. I was just playing for fun and didn't even plan this out, so it was a very pleasant surprise that both of my characters won.

2/28/2019
WpyHHvo.png

Nothing really interesting happened in 2018. After not having played this game for several months, I played two boards and this happened at the end of the second game. I had given Peach a handicap at the start of the game, and she started with 10 extra mini-stars. Had I not done that, she would've only had 80 mini-stars at the end there wouldn't have been a tie.

5/3/2019
bfisLs0.png
POf1NWv.png

I really wanted to get a tie with Luigi and Peach, and it took a LOT of tries before I got them both to win.

5/4/2019
l3Td6dz.gif

5o9KZRg.png

Yep, the day after I got Luigi and Peach to tie, I got yet another tie with Toadette and Peach. I couldn't believe my luck.

3/20/2021
HYesSdR.png
AlJmhZU.png

That's right, earlier today I got this to happen. I think that I've gotten Peach to tie with all of the characters that I like.
11/1/2017
sG0XWvi.png

My cousin and I played Coin Challenge together, and we both got the same amount of coins and won at the end. He was Toad and I was Peach.

11/2/2017
52RKVtX.png

lMVRJjS.png

The next day, I wanted to see if it was possible for all four players to win at Coin Challenge if they all managed to get the same amount of coins. And well, it IS possible for everyone to win at Coin Challenge. Of course, I controlled all four characters. There's no way that this could happen against CPUs.

Thanks for looking!

Back