Mario Party 10

So, here is the source of the new logo, sonicyay2: http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Mario_Party_10_second_logo.png hopefully this link will work. ~~~~~

that's all we get??

as much as i hate the looks of this game so far i still have a faint glimmer of hope that it will still be good

I have no faith in ND Cube in making a Mario Party game with half decent board gameplay.

their minigames though...

oh no i like their minigames

they made stuff like chain event and smash compactor

i think ndcube has potential but they simply choose not to use it

but the car mode is an EXCELLENT concept for Bowser Party.

Like seriously, you actually cooperate in there to beat Bowser. That's actually the smart thing to do.

The STUPID thing was making it the all-out battle royale option.

Head Pixie said:
I'm upset that the car is returning. This is why MP:IT is better than MP9.
Are you sure about that statement? Also:

Baby Luigi said:
but the car mode is an EXCELLENT concept for Bowser Party.

Like seriously, you actually cooperate in there to beat Bowser. That's actually the smart thing to do.

The STUPID thing was making it the all-out battle royale option.
This so much! I'm glad that ND Cube actually found a smart and innovative way to use the car.

Well yeah the car mechanic outright ruined Mario Party but at least the minigames are actually so much better than the board mechanic. Thank the lord that you don't have to play the board thing to unlock them.

ND Cube makes some of the best mini games in the series.

However their board ideas are less than stellar.

You know what the worst part of the boards in Mario Party 9 was? Most of them had cheap obstacles that could potentially cost you the game. There was the lava in Magma Mine, the Sushi on Blooper Beach, the Boos on Boo's Horror Castle, and the unavoidable Bob-ombs on Bob-omb Factory. Each took half of your Mini Stars. Half!

This is why using stars as a counter rather than those collectible things are a better indicator if you're winning or not

The only Mario Party games I have are 1- 4 and DS believe it or not. I don't know! I guess I just didn't have the time to play the other games but hopefully I don't skip this

Lumastar said:
You know what the worst part of the boards in Mario Party 9 was? Most of them had cheap obstacles that could potentially cost you the game. There was the lava in Magma Mine, the Sushi on Blooper Beach, the Boos on Boo's Horror Castle, and the unavoidable Bob-ombs on Bob-omb Factory. Each took half of your Mini Stars. Half!
This was ridiculous on on levels, the Sushi wasn't so bad as it only appeared early on but the rest can fuck themselves. It wouldn't be so bad if they took off 5 or 10 but half is just stupid.

However the one thing in Mario Party that really pissed me off was the Bowser space, some of the events he throws at you is ridiculous and what's worst is 80% of his spaces are found in near the end of the match. Giving 10 mini stars to last place: the problem is last makes a 20 mini star difference to you and 10 to any other players, this can throw you into last place within seconds. Losing half of your mini stars: you don't want this happening towards the end of the game, it is likely to doom your chances of winning. Battling for half of your mini stars: the fact that one fucking mini game will decide where half of the mini stars go is just stupid, it pretty much decides the winner of the game. Bowser Revolution: This event pretty much undoes everything that happened before hand, so all the hard work comes down to nothing because of this stupid event.

If your in last, Bowser is more likely to benefit you than harm you. While your likely to get a 5 or 10 mini star bonus, you can have your mini stars doubled which could put you in a insane lead. And if your not in last, your in good shape of getting screwed over by this guy. The only good thing to come out this Bowser space is the reverse minigames.

wow, things like those make me want to land on fortune spaces

Lucina said:
Lumastar said:
This was ridiculous on on levels, the Sushi wasn't so bad as it only appeared early on but the rest can *bleep* themselves. It wouldn't be so bad if they took off 5 or 10 but half is just stupid.

However the one thing in Mario Party that really pissed me off was the Bowser space, some of the events he throws at you is ridiculous and what's worst is 80% of his spaces are found in near the end of the match. Giving 10 mini stars to last place: the problem is last makes a 20 mini star difference to you and 10 to any other players, this can throw you into last place within seconds. Losing half of your mini stars: you don't want this happening towards the end of the game, it is likely to doom your chances of winning. Battling for half of your mini stars: the fact that one *bleep*ing mini game will decide where half of the mini stars go is just stupid, it pretty much decides the winner of the game. Bowser Revolution: This event pretty much undoes everything that happened before hand, so all the hard work comes down to nothing because of this stupid event.

If your in last, Bowser is more likely to benefit you than harm you. While your likely to get a 5 or 10 mini star bonus, you can have your mini stars doubled which could put you in a insane lead. And if your not in last, your in good shape of getting screwed over by this guy. The only good thing to come out this Bowser space is the reverse minigames.
your =/= you're

But I can imagine that this is the first Mario Party that channeled the continuous pain and suffering of Mario characters right to the player.

I think the only reason I'd play this game is only if I have access to Geckocodes and give myself infinite ministars. Out cheat the cheater, they say.

In any classic, Mario Party, because I have no friends or would be on a team against CPUs, I found out about a reset trick. Because the game saves after every turn, if something goes horribly wrong, I just reset the turn. Of course I never do this if I'm against a human, but MP9 has no such thing. Even if I would "cheat", take it from a different standpoint. What if I was doing amazing and was in the middle of a game, when all of a sudden, someone else takes over the TV or I have to do errands. I think that it's unfair that there's not even a quicksave option, and that was dissapointing

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
Because the game saves after every turn, if something goes horribly wrong, I just reset the turn.

this is my absolute classic way of dealing with fortune spaces

supermariofan said:
The only Mario Party games I have are 1- 4 and DS believe it or not. I don't know! I guess I just didn't have the time to play the other games but hopefully I don't skip this

Don't worry, you're not missing out. You already played everything that's worth in the series.

Anser said:
supermariofan said:

Don't worry, you're not missing out. You already played everything that's worth in the series.

5-7 are good tho...

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
supermariofan said:

5-7 are good tho...
So is 8

Back