Super Mario Maker

Yoshi Wooly World 3DS, Pikmin 3DS, and this are the only three things that interested me in today's direct.

Taking out literally the most important feature (online sharing of courses) and relegating it to streetpass (lol) and local play is just baffling, especially since it's impossible to get a good amount of streetpasses here without going to a convention of some sort (from my experience). And I bet the Wii U courses that won't be able to be played on the 3ds version are the courses with too much shit on the screen that it will cause the 3ds to explode in your hands and levels with Mystery Mushrooms which are taken out of the 3ds version...............so like 50% of the courses are not there.

Also who in their right mind is going to play the 100 Mario Challenge, especially on Expert and Super Expert if there's no incentive like new costumes? I don't think elevated blood pressure is a good incentive.

Oboro said:
Also who in their right mind is going to play the 100 Mario Challenge, especially on Expert and Super Expert if there's no incentive like new costumes? I don't think elevated blood pressure is a good incentive.
Masochists.

It might be a blessing that you can now ignore those things.

Here are my opinions on Super Mario Maker for 3DS
The Good:
Finally Mario Maker on 3DS oh yes yes yes I can finally play this game wherever I feel like and not just at home, creating levels is so fun oh boy I hope they have more features and stuff to put in your levels.
The Bad:
The only way you can share levels in by doing it locally and not global I barely know any Mario fans in my area except my relatives and even less Nintendo fans and why with the removal of costume Mario, Bowser vs Bowser is now gone forever.

So that's my opinion on that. :)

Super Mario Maker 3DS is a curse because it took away resources from the Wii U version...and this lead to ridiculous oversights such as this.

EEg7Qiw.png

THEY PUT BABY MARIO IN THE GAME AND NOT BABY LUIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Luigi said:
THEY PUT BABY MARIO IN THE GAME AND NOT BABY LUIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

preach. ever since the year of luigi people be treating him like trash.

a new video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhsi4olM_DA)
from Nintendo has arrived for the 3DS version. I notice the big mushroom, skull platforms, and a Mecha-Bowser. Why is the big mushroom in the video if it is not part of the game (assuming amiibos won't unlock it anymore)?

Sorry for double post.

New Event Course!
http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-adds-new-undodog-costume-and-event-course/

Now we wait for Windows logo

Hey people, how do we share levels with each others here? I've made some levels I'd like to share

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=35405.0

Go crazy.

A new video has been uploaded recently by GameXplain, which compares the Wii U version to the 3DS version. Needless to say, the Wii U version's quality is better, so if you already own the Wii U version of Super Mario Maker, I wouldn't bother getting the 3DS version.

There is no point in getting the 3DS version as you can't even share levels online...
Even if you don't have the Wii U version, better wait for the Nintendo Switch port, if there is one.

Cirdec said:
There is no point in getting the 3DS version as you can't even share levels online...
Even if you don't have the Wii U version, better wait for the Nintendo Switch port, if there is one.

I find a Nintendo Switch port to be very unlikely for Super Mario Maker, especially since the Nintendo Switch does not have a touch screen. If you don't have a Wii U before the systems stop being distributed, you're pretty much screwed if you don't start looking for used Wii U systems.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

I find a Nintendo Switch port to be very unlikely for Super Mario Maker, especially since the Nintendo Switch does not have a touch screen. If you don't have a Wii U before the systems stop being distributed, you're pretty much screwed if you don't start looking for used Wii U systems.

Well for the touching screen issue, Nintendo can make a cursor like when you are on a computer. But even if there is no port, a Super Mario Maker 2 on the Switch could make sense, as I find lots of customizations elements are missing: no slope, no way to make vertical levels, not much exclusive power ups for each game, no way to put some water in a ground level...

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

I'm going to bet that it WILL have a touch screen, and an IR port in the Joycon for pointing.

Some people on Mario Maker subreddit found out that the Mystery Mushrooms are in the 3DS version.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/5hrrzy/super_mario_maker_for_nintendo_3ds_costume_mario/

They said that it can be done by a glitch involving a large-winged Magikoopa shooting its projectile to a block, which may have a chance of turning into a Mystery Mushroom "with wings given".
When obtained (in the 3DS version), Mario turns into Small Mario with the same abilities as Costume Mario (size of Small Mario, can break bricks, and have a crouching sprite).

I guess the Mystery Mushroom and a Small Mario sprite (similar sprite animation as Big Mario classic colours) exist in the 3DS version's game files. Likely a developers' oversight.

I don't know if it's a developer oversight, sounds like maybe they were planning it but scrapped it in the last second

I got the Daisy amiibo to work fully in the Wii U version of the game. :daisy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75spTDqdOxw

I dumped her costume from the Wii U's RAM, and then edited the DLC amiibo table BYAML in the Mush folder to include her character amiibo ID 0x0013. This ensures that it won't break previous saves. I also had to move her to the 'BossNFP' folder, and specify that she would be unlocked through an event course. This ensures that there are two methods (amiibo and the Adventure in Sarasaland course) to unlock her. The costume found in the game files will overwrite the one found in the unknown location.

Her entry is Boss018 (slot 120) so if you name it that in the BossNFP folder, it will not affect any other costumes, and the game, including past Daisy levels locally or online, are fully playable.

I seriously don't understand why Nintendo didn't patch this earlier. It's relatively easy to do...if you know hex editing.

I mean, with that method, you can unlock Mr. Belch with a Daisy amiibo, which is the proper use of a Daisy amiibo.

Baby Luigi said:
I mean, with that method, you can unlock Mr. Belch with a Daisy amiibo, which is the proper use of a Daisy amiibo.

well technically I can do that. The game is ready for all amiibo. Even Shovel Knight can join if someone makes it.

Back