Super Mario Maker

It looks like I've made a mistake with the amount of hits that Bowser must take to be defeated.

It turns out that Giant Bowser has to take 40 hits to be defeated, but giant shells will deal 2x more damage to Bowser than normal shells. As for normal Bowser, he can take up to 20 hits.

I don't know how much damage that Bob-ombs will deal to Bowser, however, as I have yet to see Bowser get defeated by Bob-omb attacks.

Haven't caught up with the game's reveals for some time, but I have seen the effects of the Luigi Mushroom. I remembered when it was first shown, it squashed Mario into a thinner self, but the current version made him more freaky and unusual in his appearance, what with his long limbs.

Thanks for reading.

While I have been keeping track of the gameplay footage from the review copies, I have been brainstorming my own course ideas for quite a while. Some of the ideas even include making certain boss fights unavoidable.

One thought is that when you go up against Bowser Jr., after you've defeated him, you can freely start hitting invisible blocks to make a path to a pipe or goal. Similarly, a Bowser fight where you have to hijack his clown car to reach a P Switch would make things more interesting.

I'm going to make an Akanenia Castle level. Magikoopas are mages, Goombas are soldiers, Koopas are Mercenaries, Thwomps are Knights, Paratroopas are Pegasus Knights, Lakitu can be something maybe but idk, Winged Bowser Jr's (since he throws hammers he can be throwing a hand axe) are Wyvern Riders, and Winged Bowser can be Medeus. And of course a Marth amiibo costume.

Maybe a Battleship Halberd airship themed level for my Meta Knight amiibo could work.

Certain retail stores, such as Target and GameStop, have a demo of Super Mario Maker available now. It's a 10-minute demo, where you can play 12 different sample courses, and you can design your own courses with the demo contents.

While trying out the demo, I was able to further analyze Bowser and Bowser Jr..
  • You can run through Bowser in the Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 styles.
  • In the Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U styles, Bowser gains a property that allows him to push back Mario; you can't run through Bowser at all in those game styles.
  • When Bowser Jr. is on top of another enemy (such as Bowser), he'll only spit fireballs. If he's equipped with wings, then his attack changes to throwing 4 hammers at Mario.
However, due to the time limit, I was never able to analyze Bowser any further.

Well, seeing as Malaysian currency is not so good right now, it feels a bit difficult to get future games. This game is still good to go, I feel.

Smg2daisy said:
winstein said:
I doubt we will get any amiibo+software package in Malaysia since there weren't any for Mario Party 10, but still I don't mind just the book. It's the game that counts.

Thanks for reading.

You are from Malaysia?????!

Sorry for late reply (only recently saw this message), but yes, I am indeed from Malaysia.

Thanks for reading.

It's part of my fault because others were like "Why why, you don't know? He put that in his profile a long time ago"

I am not a stalker who looks at everyone's profile anyway.

Also, Malaysia's currency is getting worse. Now everytime when I pre-order stuff, I have to pray for around RM145 - RM155 per 3DS game, and it really depends on the price in NoA. WiiU games are more expensive, so rip this, and all game stores nearby my area don't sell WiiU. They say Splatoon being a great game but appeared in a terrible platform that no one wants to buy it, so I never saw one in stores, rip.

They don't really know about Super Mario Maker when I asked, so we can see how underrated WiiU is in Malaysia.

These recent releases like Mario Maker and Splatoon will definitely increase Wii U console value (not price/cost).

Smg2daisy said:
Also, Malaysia's currency is getting worse. Now everytime when I pre-order stuff, I have to pray for around RM145 - RM155 per 3DS game, and it really depends on the price in NoA. WiiU games are more expensive, so rip this, and all game stores nearby my area don't sell WiiU. They say Splatoon being a great game but appeared in a terrible platform that no one wants to buy it, so I never saw one in stores, rip.

They don't really know about Super Mario Maker when I asked, so we can see how underrated WiiU is in Malaysia.

The fact that Wii U games are hard to get is why I resorted to ordering them online. Not only is it more easily available, it's cheaper than the price the nearest game shop (which is not of walking distance) would sell them, which are all in malls.

Thanks for reading.

I've watched some more gameplay footage, and I've once again saw a rather brutal course. The course is called Spin Chomp, and apparently, someone had spent almost a full hour trying to complete it.

so, some of you have already ideas for levels? :mario:

maybe you have it drawing in paper or pc a possible level you can make in mario maker. :yoshi:

Maybe you have an entire "saga" of levels that follow an storyline with the amiibo/suits excuse (Waluigi´s Lost Cheese, Ashley vs Boo, The Rebel Goomba) :waluigi:

Viper26 said:
KingMario128 said:
so, some of you have already ideas for levels?
I'll make mainly Kaizo Mario like levels, which are very hard levels with many Muncher enemies and no power-ups.

Munchers are affected by gravity in Super Mario Maker, so you'd have to switch to using the spiked objects.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1110137

Thats cool.

The 9-day wait was really stupid to begin with. I think 15 minutes is much more reasonable.

Definitely. I can spend 15 minutes each playing with all the stuff as it unlocks.

Not sure how I feel about this because it now takes even longer to unlock everything. I find it hilarious you can exploit it by just spamming blocks though.

Pi said:
Want to view the entire booklet before you purchase it, for free and have it be legal too? Don't worry, Nintendo's got your back. It can be viewed here.
I'll probably get some of it into the wiki if I have time.

Back