Poll: Which Mario Game Should Be Remade in HD First?

Which one?

• Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Super Mario 64

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • A 2D Platformer (World or older)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Any RPG (SMRPG, Paper Mario, M&L etc.)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • A Full Mario Kart game

• Donkey Kong Country (Any) or 64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario Land (Any)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other Spinoff

• Total voters
I really think it ought to be Super Mario 64. They had it for the N64, and the DS, so making it in HD will just show how amazing graphics have gotten through the ages. :luigi: :daisy:

Luigidaisy1 said:
I really think it ought to be Super Mario 64. They had it for the N64, and the DS, so making it in HD will just show how amazing graphics have gotten through the ages. :luigi: :daisy:

I don't want a game to be remade for a third time.

Baby Luigi said:
Luigidaisy1 said:

I don't want a game to be remade for a third time.
It's been like 10 years since 64 DS came out though.

(And it's still the same MSRP as when it came out!)

Also, third time? There's only been one remake of Super Mario 64. The one on the Nintendo DS.

I mean third game

Remake a game two times is enough already. Super Mario 64 is wholly outdated; I prefer a new game with new levels built and improved around its mechanics rather than receive yet another remake of the game.

Thousand Year Door - the most amazing thing that only a small amount of people got to play.

Baby Luigi said:
Remake a game two times is enough already.
it's only been remade ONCE. A remake which, in all honestly, wasn't that good due to the fact that the DS lacked an analog stick (and no, playing it on the 3DS and using the circle pad is not the same thing as using analog stick)

Super Mario 64 is wholly outdated
Opinion, I think it's better than Sunshine and 3D Land/3D World.

Yui Hirasawa said:
Thousand Year Door - the most amazing thing that only a small amount of people got to play.
you know the game was the 11th best selling gamecube game, right?

"small amount"

Aiko Heiwa said:
it's only been remade ONCE. A remake which, in all honestly, wasn't that good due to the fact that the DS lacked an analog stick (and no, playing it on the 3DS and using the circle pad is not the same thing as using analog stick)

Opinion, I love the hell out of the DS version. It's almost everything I'd want in a Mario game, besides meaningful co-op and a Sunshine spiritual sequel.

Sakura Kasugano said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

Opinion, I love the hell out of the DS version. It's almost everything I'd want in a Mario game, besides meaningful co-op and a Sunshine spiritual sequel.
the fact that it lacked the analog input that made the original version so revolutionary isn't an opinion

It's revolutionary yes? But is it any good today? Not by a whole lot. The controls are very clunky (why does Mario have to freaking hit every wall he comes across when he jumps into it, it's freaking annoying), the camera is one of the ----iest around, and the collectathon free world roaming aspect is done better in so many other games of its time (Banjo-Kazooie). I personally never had problems with the DS version: in fact I consider it far more superior than the original in many ways. The N64 analog stick was ---- anyway.

I mean...I wouldn't be against an HD remake of Super Mario 64 since the graphics have long been outdated and stuff, but I don't think we need it for another console. I'm already sick and tired of how many times they have re-did Ocarina of Time, and I rather leave Super Mario 64 in it's original format or the DS format. Though, I do have to say that at least when they made SM64DS, they at least changed up a lot of things and made 4 characters playable instead of just Mario, which was really nice.

I'd rather see Super Mario 64 be remade again for the 3DS in addition to Super Mario Sunshine being remade.

I wish that for handhelds, we got remakes of old 3D Mario Games instead of new 3D Mario Games.

Controls:

B: Jump

D-Pad: Camera

Control Stick: Move

64:
A: Attack/Grab
R: Ground Pound

Sunshine:
A: Slide/Attack/Grab
Y: Switch Nozzle
R: Use Fluud
L: Ground Pound

Why do we need another remake of that? I could just play Super Mario 64 DS on my 3DS.

As sunshine is my favourite game ever I'd love a remake on the wii u in the same vain as SM64DS with extra content and various improvements.

3D Player 2004 said:
Mariofan169 said:
Why do we need another remake of that? I could just play Super Mario 64 DS on my 3DS.

Outdated Controls.
...there is no need for a second remake JUST to update the controls.

Besides, I think you can change the button configuration in SM64DS.

Mariofan169 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Mariofan169 said:

Outdated Controls.
...there is no need for a second remake JUST to update the controls.

Besides, I think you can change the button configuration in SM64DS.

Not with complete freedom.

Controls nearly like New Super Mario Bros.

The controls are fine, there's nothing outdated, unlike Kirby's jumping in Kirby games before Kirby Superstar.

The SMGs are already good. If anything, they should make a third one, but not a remake.
Mario Sunshine should get it in my opinion
SM64...ehh I think multiple remakes are kinda repetative..
A 2D platformer shouldn't be made right now, as a lot have been released, so Nintendo should take a break. Nintendo should make a 3D game again
Doing Paper Mario would defeat the purpose, as he's supposed to be Paper-y, but I definitly think it should get better graphics
A Mario Kart game would be better if it's out in a year or so, as they recently released MK8
DK games are good with Tropical Freeze for now
Wario Land should definitly get a remake, Wario needs to return to the spotlight again.
Yoshi's Island is a good idea, considering how good the last Yoshi's Island was

tl;dr: my picks would be SMS, PM, Wario Land and Yoshi's Island

They're making Yarn Yoshi though.

I still think we should get Super Mario 64. Like I said, it will show how amazing the graphics have gotten through the ages. BTW, Super Mario 64 DS was a great remake, but c'mon, it came out like 10 years ago! We really could use an upgrade, it wasn't named one of the best video games of ALL time for nothing. Also, I somehow didn't see DK64 last time. I'd also love for that to happen too! :luigi: :daisy:

Aiko Heiwa said:
Yui Hirasawa said:
you know the game was the 11th best selling gamecube game, right?

"small amount"
According to VGChartz it sold about 2.25m worldwide which is pretty meh for a Mario title.

Yui Hirasawa said:
According to VGChartz it sold about 2.25m worldwide which is pretty meh for a Mario title.

lol vgchartz

Back