Poll: Which Mario Game Should Be Remade in HD First?

Which one?

• Super Mario Galaxy 1 and/or 2

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Super Mario 64

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • A 2D Platformer (World or older)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Any RPG (SMRPG, Paper Mario, M&L etc.)

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • A Full Mario Kart game

• Donkey Kong Country (Any) or 64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario Land (Any)

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • SMW2: Yoshi's Island

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Other Spinoff

• Total voters

SKmaric

King Bowser
Yes I'm aware that a lot of you don't want another Mario platformer let alone a remake after the huge wave we've recently gotten and I'm certainly not saying that I want a remake anytime soon but assuming that there was an announcement sometime in the future that a Mario game was being remade in HD for the Wii U possibly by a secondary development team, which would you want it to be?

Personally I'm stuck between Galaxy and Sunshine, because 64's already been remade once and I'm content with Tropical Freeze for now. I'd replay both Galaxy games and 100% them any day, but Sunshine, unless the Blue Coin sidequest is fixed or removed completely I'd likely play it on and off at best.

A galaxy remake would look beautiful.

I don't think any of those should be remade.

The only ones I feel would benefit from it would be 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. 64 already has a remake, the Galaxy games really don't need a remake since you can still play them on the Wii U.

I chose Sunshine by process of elimination. It's the only one I think would be worth remaking in HD.

Mario Party

Toothless said:
Absolutely a Wario Land 2/3/4 HD remake. Who's with me?

The Wario Land series, but hand-drawn like Wario Land: Shake It!.

A SM64 HD remake with reorchestrated music and a huge visual upgrade would be great. The game is dated, though, so it would be tough to pull off.

SMW2 in HD would be amazing. It would be a good opportunity to not only bring back something retro, but also in order to make the Yoshi series a bigger deal.

Pink Gold Yoshi said:
SMW2 in HD would be amazing. It would be a good opportunity to not only bring back something retro, but also in order to make the Yoshi series a bigger deal.
But who needs Yoshi's Island when you can play Yoshi's NEW Island? With such wonderful music such as The Yoshi Clan?

I don't wish for any GC or Wii.. They were already high quality. I wish for the original Paper Mario (enhanced sprites) and Super Mario (enhanced models -compare with Galaxy-). But rather Donkey Kong 64.

Paper Mario: Complete HD Collection

Also M&L and SMRPG only if they transition to 3D for obvious reasons. Dream Team would be fine however it's too soon for a remake of that game without the others.

Back