Unpopular Pokemon opinions

Mandibuzz is my favorite Dark-type.

I personally think Muk is a great Pokemon, honestly. People hate its design, but I enjoy it.

I also think competitive battling is boring, stupid, and difficult to figure out.

Here is another unpopular opinion. I think Pokemon Sun and Moon was a little less great because they added too many features. I have not played it, but I have seen the trailers. Gosh dang, too many new features.

-Tyrantrum is my favourite Pokémon overall.
-I don't like Mega Latias or Mega Latios. It's too hard to tell them apart!
-Generation IV is underappreciated.
-Probopass is the funniest looking Pokémon.
-I prefer the Pokémon Stadium-style games, Pokken Tournament and Pokepark series over the mainstream games.

OmegaVenomous said:
I personally think Muk is a great Pokemon, honestly. People hate its design, but I enjoy it.

I also think competitive battling is boring, stupid, and difficult to figure out.

Here is another unpopular opinion. I think Pokemon Sun and Moon was a little less great because they added too many features. I have not played it, but I have seen the trailers. Gosh dang, too many new features.
Not gonna bother addressing the competitive comment, but how is having a bunch of new features a bad thing? I can tell you that the game still feels like the Pokémon games we've been playing for 20 years, but still feel fresh due to the changes that were made for the better.

GalacticPetey said:
OmegaVenomous said:

Not gonna bother addressing the competitive comment, but how is having a bunch of new features a bad thing? I can tell you that the game still feels like the Pokémon games we've been playing for 20 years, but still feel fresh due to the changes that were made for the better.

Thread has the name of "Unpopular Pokemon Opinions"

and that is my opinion

Is it wrong if I said that the 1-hit KO attacks should go back to their 1st generation mechanics?

And for those who don't know, 1-hit KO attacks originally only worked if the user's current speed value was greater than that of the target, with their accuracy always being set at 30%. If that kind of mechanic returned, it would make the 1-hit KO attacks become far less cheap.

Of course, if Trick Room is active, then the mechanics would get reversed in that the 1-hit KO attacks would only work if the user's current speed value is "lower" than its target.

Sturdy would still render all 1-hit KO attacks ineffective.

I stopped playing mainstream Pokemon because the forward and backward steps GameFreak does with their series dances and whips around more than a palm tree in a hurricane. It's so unnecessarily convoluted and it still plays, functions, and sounds like a game from the 90's.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I stopped playing mainstream Pokemon because the forward and backward steps GameFreak does with their series dances and whips around more than a palm tree in a hurricane. It's so unnecessarily convoluted and it still plays, functions, and sounds like a game from the 90's.

True. The new games have the same formula every time. Collect Pokemon, defeat gym leaders, defeat Pokemon league, become champion, capture legendaries. Same thing. Also, the new offstream Pokemon games are shit. They are terrible, unoriginal, and enjoyable for about 5 minutes.

There's that too, but they seem to introduce mechanics that look like they're improving, but they remove them or water them down the next game. A few trends that did remains are unbreakable TMs and I hope HMs never see the light of the day again.

IDK I love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and the reason I get excited for new Pokemon is mainly because I can eventually get around to using them, stats be damned.

OmegaVenomous said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

True. The new games have the same formula every time. Collect Pokemon, defeat gym leaders, defeat Pokemon league, become champion, capture legendaries. Same thing.
I feel like Sun and Moon differentiate itself from this formula so that it remains nostalgic or familiar but is still unique. I highly recommend you pick up either version.

I hear Sun and Moon introduced their share of frustration, so I'm very iffy on it. Besides, I just don't love Pokemon anymore. I'm more into Yo-Kai Watch as well.

I mean, yeah, there are a few things wrong with Sun and Moon like SOS battles. But the atmosphere and liberties it introduces make it probably the best Pokemon game I've ever played if nostalgia doesn't take effect.

Although I can totally see why you'd be more into Yo-Kai Watch.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I hear Sun and Moon introduced their share of frustration, so I'm very iffy on it. Besides, I just don't love Pokemon anymore. I'm more into Yo-Kai Watch as well.

Same. I used to LOVE Pokemon, and I collected an average of over 300 cards, but now, I just cannot enjoy the games, the card game, or anything that involves Pokemon.

Grunty Industries said:
Steelix is my favorite Steel type, and was for a long time my all-time favorite Pokémon.
That's not really unpopular, I know a ton of people who love Steelix. Personally I'm attached to Scizor

I like Mandibuzz's design and I also prefer her over Skarmory.

I like Moltres and Entei equally, but I prefer Ho-Oh over both of them.

Ursaring is my favorite Normal type, and I also prefer it over Pangoro and Beartic.

Back