Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

That drought theme aaah
I do hope they keep the legendary theme, that's my fave in the series

Today's reveal in a nutshell.

4pI85Yc.jpg

Ragna the Bloodedge said:
"SOUND EFFECT NOT IN GAME"

well then

also yeah it's kinda obvious that they'd save the good stuff for E3, not surprised that they showed another uninformative teaser

that drought tho

I would have been more surprised if they showed something that was substantial.

I replayed the Emerald Elite Four, and while I love the music and the trainers, I really do hope Game Freak fix the Pokemon choices for Phoebe and Galcia especially, and Drake too. Sidney was alright for the most part, but Mightyena isn't that good of a Pokemon to be in his team, but that's my personal preference. Phoebe had two Dusclops and two Banettes as part of her five Pokemon, while Glacia had two Glailies and two Sealeos (Drake had a Shelgon and Salamence which isn't as bad, but meh). I hope they do it like a mix of Gen VI and Gen IV for the Elite Four. Gen VI in terms of using half the Pokemon native to Hoenn in a sense, and the other hald being "old" Pokemon (i.e. Pokemon not in the Hoenn Dex in Gen III). I want it to be more like Gen IV too (specifically Platinum/HG/SS), where when you rematch them, they're tougher and they switched out some Pokemon for different and/or stronger Pokemon. I'd actually like the game to be more like Gen VI in terms of the amount of Pokemon you could catch and train before the E4 too. This sounds really confusing, so I'm sorry, but I hope people kind of get my point.

I guess it isn't as bad as it was for Flint in Diamond/Pearl though, even if they are my favorite games. Fire-type trainer my ass, with only two out of five Fire Pokemon, none of them being new ones introduced in Gen IV. Actually, I think this may have been the only time a starter has been used by the E4 aside from Blue/Gary in R/B/FR/LG. But that's another story.

Also, if they're really serious about the Mega Evolution thing, this would be the perfect time to introduce Mega Milotic or Mega Metagross, depending on who they want the champion to be this generation. Personally, I'd be fine if they threw out Wallace altogether or just made him one of those random battle-able opponents similar to Steven in Emerald, because I like Juan a lot more.

Yeah I'm hoping the Elite Four gets stronger after you beat them this time like in other generations. I mean they're still a bit on the weak side when you want to level up your Pokemon to level 100.

sidney's mightyena is kinda bad because physical dark type lawl
the p/s split will fix a lot of the balance issues with rse

Also to make the game harder, Maxie/Archie should get Groudon/Kyogre and Mega evolve it when you battle him. But it probably won't happen after what we saw in the trailer.

Cirdec said:
Also to make the game harder, Maxie/Archie should get Groudon/Kyogre and Mega evolve it when you battle him. But it probably won't happen after what we saw in the trailer.
So basically Lysandre's final battle, but with a fitting mega-evo. I thought Lysandre mega-evolving Gyarados was sorta random. If they were to retcon the boss battle, Maxie/Archie mega-evolving Groudon/Kyogre would at least make a bit more sense in comparison.

Still, I'm curious as to how the heavily implied mega-evos will fit into the plot. I like the idea that the Red/Blue stones are actually mega-stones, it seems so obvious. But since Maxie/Archie don't use a legendary when you battle them, they'll probably just mega-evo them to increase their power and then you catch 'em while they're mega-evolved.

I know that Mega Evolutions are the new thing but alternate forms still exist. They are pretty much the same thing, just that one doesn't need to be activated in battle.

Иeptune said:
frankly i'd rather see the dna splicing being explored a bit more
Considering XY has a DNA on its logo... yeah, this is perfect for Deoxys.

Crackin355 said:
I know that Mega Evolutions are the new thing but alternate forms still exist. They are pretty much the same thing, just that one doesn't need to be activated in battle.

I kind of forgot about that.

I honestly did. >.>

hopefully its better this time around

although ill probably get them much later, my interest in pokemon has kinda been low for a long time

Pre-ordered Alpha Sapphire yesterday! ^.^

Gen III and Gen I are the only gens I have not played yet (if you count the Gen II remakes as playing Gen II). I've just heard stuff about this game, so we'll see.

I'm getting OR myself. Gen III was my favourite gen, so I was happy for this to be announced.

From Serebii

A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey. We'll bring more as it comes

Godzilla said:
A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald.
If this becomes a thing, i'm ditching my plans to get Omega Ruby to get Delta Emerald. It would just be so beautifuly everythingelely ;-;

Why Delta? That's not halfway between Alpha and Omega, or anything.

Back