Baby Rosalina Theory

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
In case anyone never got the message, Rosalina's infant form has been confirmed to appear in Mario Kart 8, and this has been stirring up a major controversy with Rosalina's Storybook. However, what people are failing to realize is that the events of Rosalina's Storybook took place after her toddler life. It should also be noted that spin-off materials are not canon to the mainstream Mario series.

Anyway, with that said, here's a theory that I've had in my head, regarding Rosalina's toddler time period.
------------------------
As a baby, Rosalina was the crown princess of a peaceful kingdom that was ruled by her mother and father. One day, Rosalina grew fond of the hair bang covering her right eye, and decided to make it a signature hair style. However, as Rosalina grew older, her parents were about to have another baby. Knowing that her parents would want her to look more appropriate for her princess status, especially with the new baby coming, Rosalina reluctantly gave up her hair bang, but decided to dye her hair red to change things around.

Rosalina's brother was then born, and the family lived a peaceful life for the next set of years. During that time, Rosalina spent time learning Astronomy, and became fascinated with outer space. But one night, before turning in for the night, Rosalina notices an odd-looking star landing somewhere near her kingdom, and decided to check it out.

From there, the story from Rosalina's Storybook began, and after the story's epilogue, Rosalina went back to her natural hair color, and regrew her hair bang during the process.
------------------------
How does this sound for my theory? I wanted to at least make some sense out of the Baby Rosalina dilemma.

MnSG said:
In case anyone never got the message, Rosalina's infant form has been confirmed to appear in Mario Kart 8, and this has been stirring up a major controversy with Rosalina's Storybook. However, what people are failing to realize is that the events of Rosalina's Storybook took place after her toddler life. It should also be noted that spin-off materials are not canon to the mainstream Mario series.
This is what I trying to argue for 490234 posts and counting now.

even smasher doesn't have that much

Sounds uh overdone

It's hard to convince people.

This is the game series where Mario doesn't recall racing an adult version of himself when he was a baby.

Holograms.

The Baby appearances up to MK:DD!! could be explained by saying they happened before the babies went back to the past in M&L:PiT, but once Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser and Rosalina (not even Baby Rosalina, just regular, cosmic deity Rosalina) got involved, nope, that's it. Holograms.

Or everything from MKWii onwards is actually VR, hence Mario and Luigi were racing make-believe karts and steering Wii Wheels in the intro movie: it's all just videogames for them too.

My "theory" is that Baby Rosalina's crown is just an appendage that will fall off, similar to an egg tooth in chicks.

Walkazo said:
Holograms.

The Baby appearances up to MK:DD!! could be explained by saying they happened before the babies went back to the past in M&L:PiT, but once Baby Daisy, Dry Bowser and Rosalina (not even Baby Rosalina, just regular, cosmic deity Rosalina) got involved, nope, that's it. Holograms.

Or everything from MKWii onwards is actually VR, hence Mario and Luigi were racing make-believe karts and steering Wii Wheels in the intro movie: it's all just videogames for them too.

Another crazy theory that it's just an actor/actress who dresses up and acts like what a baby version of those guys should

Although my headcanon firmly implants that Baby Luigi is indeed Luigi as a baby who, offscreen, returned to the present because he thinks it's fun there (mainly because killing adult Wario is fun!)

my theory is that mario kart isn't canon and people are really taking something unimportant too far

just to remind you, you are actually implying mario kart is canon

mario kart

Cecil Terwilliger said:
my theory is that mario kart isn't canon and people are really taking something unimportant too far

just to remind you, you are actually implying mario kart is canon

mario kart
qft

Maybe the events of Yoshi's New Island where Bowser went back in time to stop yoshi from defeating baby bowser, and Rosalina was in that event.

Ah yes who could forget the treasured and protected canon of the mario series why i'll never forget the day that the heavens sang and Iwata finally revealed the long speculated Mario Timeline which finally settled such historic questions like which came first Hotel Mario or Yoshi's Safari (the answer of course is Yoshi's Safari. Or how it finally settled the lengthy debate as to where Super Mario Bros. Print World fits into the timeline (which of course we all know is right between Super Mario 64 DS and NSMB). You know when I think of all the Work Nintendo put in making sure that every game fit in an exact location and planting all those little hints along the way it just brings a tear to my eyes :'(

Here's my theory.

Rosalina's hair was always blonde.

It's red in the storybook because that's just how she drew it.

Baby Rosalina's crown is just a Burger King crown

It was May 30th in the Mushroom World. The babies were arriving in their time machine to play some rounds of Mario Kart with their future selves. Rosalina notices a little baby that wasn't there last time. She had blonde hair and a plain blue dress, and she looked like she wandered there by accident. Rosalina decided to take her around for a little bit.
The little baby responded to the name Rosalina and showed a liking for her dress and hair, so Rosalina decided to dress her up, including adding a tiny little crown she had used to play dress-up,with her dolls when she was younger.
They played rounds, and then went home. Baby Rosalina went home with them.
When she got older, she dyed her hair red and got rid of the bang, and the events of Rosalina's Storybook occurred.
When she got older, she remembered her future self. The dye had faded out last year, and she added the hair bang and styled her dress to match.

I also have one for Pink Gold Peach. An older woman stepped off the time machine, having the same features as Peach. She laughed as she stepped into an un-used room. When the older woman came out, she had a slightly distorted voice and pink gold skin.

(Is this too similar to someone else's theory?)

Rosalina's hair was red in the book? I was just recently playing SMG and her hair was blonde in the storybook...

PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Rosalina's hair was red in the book? I was just recently playing SMG and her hair was blonde in the storybook...
It was slightly redder in the beginning than the end. Chapter 4: The Dream is where we really see the redness in contrast to the background.

Back