Underrated Mario Characters

Shy Guy Forever

mostly afk
Banned User
These are some characters that I think deserve more attention then what they get.

Waluigi:
This guy is regarded to some as the worst Mario character of all time. I, however, think he is underrated, and deserves a chance to shine.

Yellow Toad: You know, Yellow Toad. He is player 4 in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. He is the character that nobody likes. I think he needs more attention. Nah, just kidding! Nobody likes Yellow Toad.

Shy Guy:
Sure, he may be popular among fans like me, but for Nintendo, he is just a pile of trash. They should give him more attention and let him be playable more often.

What characters do you think are underrated?

It is not an April Fools joke. I don't understand why you're so unwilling to accept that a character you find underrated is finally getting the attention he deserves.

Junketsu said:
It is not an April Fools joke. I don't understand why you're so unwilling to accept that a character you find underrated is finally getting the attention he deserves.
You mean it IS real?! *throws party and dances around*

All original Mario Party characters

:luigi: all around. Everyone thinks hes like nobody.

Takumi said:
:luigi: all around. Everyone thinks hes like nobody.

what are you talking about, Luigi is even more beloved than Mario

both luigi and waluigi are pretty popular

luigi had an entire year dedicated to him and even if that didnt happen people loved his character in ttyd and luigis mansion.

waluigi is loved dearly by his fans, one person made a fangame for waluigi called psycho waluigi, whats more this fangame even made it to some nintendo gaming magazines and even to this day people consider it one of the best fangames in existence.

If any mario character is underrated it might be daisy, birdo, and im sure there are others.

what are you talking about, Luigi is even more beloved than Mario

pretty much this for luigi, although this is mainly due to the fact that nintendo hasnt really given mario much of a personality in his games.

Mario-BowserBlockBattle-MP9.png

Sure, he appears in a lot of games, but he also also earned the irrational contempt of Luigi and Yoshi fanpeople. He's also criticized for being a blank slate. Don't blame him, blame Nintendo.

Also nobody loves this guy.

102px-DonkeyDKCR.png

He's not your favorite character, though. Nor do you love him.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
He's not your favorite character, though. Nor do you love him.

well that's true and probably the only reason i like him was because of dk64 so lol, oh and that dkc animated series.

102px-DonkeyDKCR.png
Are you sure about that? The Donkey Kong fanbase is a lot bigger than most people give it credit for.

They're probably talking about the games rather than the character himself. I've hardly heard anyone saying, "I love Donkey Kong and I'm going to main him in Mario Kart for sure!" kind of thing.

They're probably talking about the games rather than the character himself. I've hardly heard anyone saying, "I love Donkey Kong and I'm going to main him in Mario Kart for sure!" kind of thing.
I can't speak for anyone else, but Donkey Kong was my main in Mario Kart 64 all the way through Mario Kart DS, along with the Smash Bros. series.

Berkana said:

102px-DonkeyDKCR.png
Are you sure about that? The Donkey Kong fanbase is a lot bigger than most people give it credit for.

well thats often for the games themselves, rather then his character.

a lot of people even say dk is useless in the first dkc because he is slower and cant jump as high as diddy kong.

He has also kinda went downward in the ssb series, but at the same time people still like him in mario parties, and later mario kart games.

Zae Eildus said:
a lot of people even say dk is useless in the first dkc because he is slower and cant jump as high as diddy kong.
That's kind of ironic, because I used to find people complaining about Donkey Kong not being playable in the next two, which is most likely why all the other Kongs, for the most part, haven't been playable outside of two-player mode in the recent games. Plus, I also remember seeing people praise Jungle Beat for excluding Diddy and all other characters from the DKC series.

Berkana said:
Zae Eildus said:
That's kind of ironic, because I used to find people complaining about Donkey Kong not being playable in the next two, which is most likely why all the other Kongs, for the most part, haven't been playable outside of two-player mode in the recent games. Plus, I also remember seeing people praise Jungle Beat for excluding Diddy and all other characers from the DKC series.

yeah the dk fanbase is really strange, seems like most of the time its just up and down with them.

Back