SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2

Misty said:

The tests are flawed, though. The researchers are comparing a child's entertainment show with a child's education show, which fall into two completely different categories. That's like saying playing Mario instead of a more educational game will make children stupider. Besides, it's not shown to lower children's intelligence: it just decreases attention and even that I'm skeptical about.

Well I don't know about them but there's just something not right about the study, that's all I know. I'm pretty sure, like video gaming, that watching cartoons can also benefit some other cognitive actions other than executive functioning as preferred in schools, such as quick-thinking and planning, creativity, and other things.

because iq tests are infallible ways to measure intelligence (which is something that cannot accurately be measured)

Squirtle said:
Misty said:
what about the kids who don't watch tv

Like me. I also have an IQ of 160. Although TV didn't help that.

Um, no offense, but I don't think you have the IQ of someone like Steven Hawkings.

Dankey Kang said:
You obviously haven't seen the worst offenders.

One Coarse Meal
A Pal for Gary
Little Yellow Book
Penny Foolish
Stuck In the Wringer
Ditchin
Plankton's Regular

Want me to continue?

Seen them all.

Ulrich said:
Squirtle said:
Misty said:

Um, no offense, but I don't think you have the IQ of someone like Steven Hawkings.

Dankey Kang said:
You obviously haven't seen the worst offenders.

One Coarse Meal
A Pal for Gary
Little Yellow Book
Penny Foolish
Stuck In the Wringer
Ditchin
Plankton's Regular

Want me to continue?

Seen them all.

I was tested.

actually, I find the dark, sadistic humor the funniest

what I don't like is the bathroom humor

Squirtle said:
Misty said:

Nobody has an IQ. You scored 160 on the test. Also, IQ scores is only one way to measure intelligence.

Michell said:
actually, I find the dark, sadistic humor the funniest

what I don't like is the bathroom humor
Spongebob isn't supposed to have either, to be honest.

I'll bet $1000 Nickolodeon don't end SpongeBob in 19 years.

The show is written by a bunch of brain-dead kooks, so nobody would probably see the difference anyway.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Squidward's "toenail"

It is times like these that make me wish I had that unseeing reverse television Mr. Krabs uses on one of his customers in the episode where the Flying Dutchman threatens to take his soul if he displays any more greed.

I've never watched a show that managed to make me actually physically sick, until I saw that episode. Needless to say it was the last time I watched the show.

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
Squidward's "toenail"

It is times like these that make me wish I had that unseeing reverse television Mr. Krabs uses on one of his customers in the episode where the Flying Dutchman threatens to take his soul if he displays any more greed.

I've never watched a show that managed to make me actually physically sick, until I saw that episode. Needless to say it was the last time I watched the show.
It must've been agonizing to watch this scene (it was for me), even horrifying, and there are those images I couldn't get out of my head long after the episode was over. What I feel is more sickening is how it's still on air, and no doubt that there are parents and children that witnessed this scene.

There really needs to be viewer discretion on some of these episodes. It's not just House Fancy, either. Oh, and if not, just take the thing off the air. NO ONE needs to see this in a children's cartoon.

Wikipedia article for the movie said:
On June 5, 2014, the film's release date was moved up one week to February 6, 2015 in order to avoid competition with Universal Pictures' Fifty Shades of Grey, which is set to premiere on the previous date.
Well, I think I misunderstood the target audience for one of these movies.

Back