SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 2

So was the first movie. Your point?

This is different. Back then, the show was great. After the movie, everyone wanted more episodes.
Now, it's one of the most hated cartoons on the air, and without people to say they want more, it's more likely the show will be gone for good after the second movie.

Except some of us still like it. Like me. Sure, it's not as great as it used to be, but I call that nostalgia. I don't think Spongebob has declined as much as say, Paper Mario. I still love the show. Yes, it has gruesome scenes and unfunny jokes, but I look around all that and just enjoy the settings and general stories of the episodes. Granted, I don't watch it as much as I used to but that's because our cable is disconnected for my game systems most of the time.

Spongebob was my favorite childhood show, and even if it's declined, I'd rather them make it better than cancel it completely. This movie could actually save the show.

Slightly unrelated to the movie, but I'll just throw it out there that I enjoyed House Fancy (not that scene, but I just usually skip it)

Considering Nick's recent actions, I will not be giving them any money by seeing it.

Unless of course you make an ANIMATED Korra movie or theaters. Then you may take my money.

On the subject of House Fancy, that toenail scene was the only thing keeping me watching that boring piece of shit.

Remember when they actually needed water
Or when they didn't change animation style just cause they left the water
Remember how that didn't completely suck?

Yeah I don't think it looks TOO bad but then again it's just a trailer

actually I was worried the whole movie was going to be CGI and they were going to start making spongebob in CGI

if it's just when they're on land it's probably not too bad. i'll probably watch the movie but it looks stupid

Yeah, but it looks like most of the movie will be on land...

I think it feels a lot more like the first movie than the recent episodes, so I'm more optimistic about it than pretty much everyone else here so far.

Well...to begin my reaction...Why the *bleep* do they not recognize a human now? Did Spongebob and Patrick just forget about riding the Hasselhoff?

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Well...to begin my reaction...Why the *bleep* do they not recognize a human now? Did Spongebob and Patrick just forget about riding the Hasselhoff?

According to the Spongebob canon (what little of it there is), the first movie is the ending point, the final goal for the main character. No matter how long the show goes, it will always end in the first movie.

So technically, this would be a prequel. So no, they would not have met Hasselhoff yet.

And I'm Javert said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

According to the Spongebob canon (what little of it there is), the first movie is the ending point, the final goal for the main character. No matter how long the show goes, it will always end in the first movie.

So technically, this would be a prequel. So no, they would not have met Hasselhoff yet.
Wouldn't they still know Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy though?

And I'm Javert said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

If that's the case, why didn't Spongebob and Patrick recognize the scuba diver in the first movie?

i'm not saying forgetting what a human looks like isn't dumb as hell, i was just refuting the hasselhoff example in particular.

Back