Who should be the newcomer in MK8?

Who you want to be the newcomer in the next Mario Kart?

• Total voters
Jim McGinn said:
I don't see Kertsi getting in, from what I've seen it's just a crown, most I can see Kertsi doing is being like Luma in Mario Kart Wii, and that's only if Paper Mario gets in, which I highly doubt.
Well if Nintendo want a character playable they'll use all kinds of ways to make it happen. In this case (RPG-oriented characters), I just say Kersti has a larger chance if Nintendo want to promote the latest title. But for the ones that deserve it, I'd choose Parakarry and Starlow.

And I'm little surprised no one voted for Princess Sprixie. She looks like the most reasonible choice Nintendo would make, though she's not a veteran who really deserves this.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:
I always wondered why they put Luma with Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii. I've thought of many possible reasons, but I'm still not sure.

Because they wanted to make Rosalina unique?

Yes, but now she doesn't have her Luma anymore :|

Guys, I think we have talked about this, right? RPG characters won't ever make it in. Sorry but it's the truth :(

Dorayaki said:
Jim McGinn said:
I don't see Kertsi getting in, from what I've seen it's just a crown, most I can see Kertsi doing is being like Luma in Mario Kart Wii, and that's only if Paper Mario gets in, which I highly doubt.
Well if Nintendo want a character playable they'll use all kinds of ways to make it happen. In this case (RPG-oriented characters), I just say Kersti has a larger chance if Nintendo want to promote the latest title. But for the ones that deserve it, I'd choose Parakarry and Starlow.

And I'm little surprised no one voted for Princess Sprixie. She looks like the most reasonible choice Nintendo would make, though she's not a veteran who really deserves this.
Really I'd say Dreambert, Antasma or Popple are more likely than Kersti

Heck, Dreambert even has a 3D model already.

The Donkey Kong mouth still scares me.

GalacticPetey said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Misty said:
RedShell said:
No, they're just made for RPGs, not for sports games and whatnot.
Yet Honey Queen was created specifically for Mario Kart.
Does SMG not exist anymore?
It does. And that means Honey Queen indeed was not created for Mario Kart. So Fawful/other Mario RPG characters not being created for sports games means nothing since neither was Honey Queen.

Misty said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Misty said:
RedShell said:
No, they're just made for RPGs, not for sports games and whatnot.
Yet Honey Queen was created specifically for Mario Kart.
Queen Bee
As explained above, that statement was sarcastic. Honey Queen was not created for Mario Kart, yet she got in. Thus making your point of "they can't be in games they weren't created for" moot.

Dankey Kang said:
Misty said:
by that logic mario shouldn't be in mario kart
Sweetie?
That user was being sarcastic.
Sarcasm means that he says one thing, but he means the exact opposite.
I don't think you understood my post, I was saying that that wasn't my point.

Yeah, I misunderstood your post. I removed it.

I would like to add that if only characters created for Mario Kart were allowed, we'd all be either Toadette or Baby Daisy.

Dankey Kang said:
Yeah, I misunderstood your post. I removed it.

I would like to add that if only characters created for Mario Kart were allowed, we'd all be either Toadette or Baby Daisy.
Exactly, so that means "character wasn't made for said game" is not a valid excuse for excluding a character.

Dankey Kang said:
Not a positive way to refute. Both characters are based on a specific type of game referrence, but both haven't got important role in their respective game, which is another problem from Nintendo.

Generic human athletes looke more like the answer. They correspond to that game type and can be hardly considered to appear in the major Mario action or RPG games (alittle debatable, but it's a fact). Mario sport games are called "spinoff" because it features characters that were not professional athletes in their daily life.
Uh.... I don't want to see another original character, but if Nintendo want to, it has to be a Danica Patrick parody :P.

Back