General Discussion

They're grouped on the Enemies page too. If there wasn't so much redundancy, I'd say sure, finish the changes, but there's little point in having two massive lists that are 99% the same.

Ok I'll just scrap this and reorganize and reformat from the beginning. Wasted effort because I'm an idiot. >_________>

I'm done reformatting the page and catching any misorganization in the article

Now if you excuse me I'm done with wiki editing for now

I have a question. I have been changing "beta" pages to "pre-release and unused content" on some pages. Do we have to rename every page that states "beta" on the wiki?

Basically yeah. Filenames, no, don't rename those.

Was dumb enough to not let that cross my mind.

But yeah, thanks for pointing that out Glowsquid.

New question: should we retool Category:Poisonous Creatures, Category:Ice Creatures, Category:Fire Creatures, and Category:Electrical Creatures? It might be difficult defining these categories, but again, we don't have Category:Water Creatures, Category:Earth Creatures, or other elemental categories. I suppose Poison, Ice, Fire, and Electricity are the most notable elements, especially in the RPG games.

Although I feel that Poisonous Creatures is inadequately used (I'm sure a lot more enemies in the RPG games cause poison), that's something that can't be solved with a little bit of work. I do, however, think that these categories can be retooled to serve the enemies that cause poison, freezing, burn, and electricity (and they don't necessarily have to cause a status condition in an RPG, but a category on that would also be helpful...)

Well, there's an "Underwater Creatures" category, but yeah, one for things made of water or that produce water (in non-RL-biological-ish ways) to compliment the other elements would be a good thing (assuming there's enough species for it - Nep-Enut's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm admittedly not trying terribly hard). The categories are a bit awkward in that they have characters as well as species, but thems the breaks when you deal with enemies and bosses, and all the taxonomy-based categories are dual-natured too, so why not the physiological-based ones. I think the overall "made of/produce X" definition is fine; the names should probably be "X Organisms" rather than creatures to take plants into account, but whatever, we have bigger fish to fry in the meantime, and can worry about details like that later.

Aside from a redlink on the Capcom article (Capcom), nope.

I thought this was already confirmed.

I don't think I would be the best one to write this, but I guess I still could. By the way, what are we going to do about the Skylanders crossover? I can create a page on the series featuring more details on the partnership and how Bowser and Donkey Kong work in-game as well.

Lumastar said:
By the way, what are we going to do about the Skylanders crossover? I can create a page on the series

No. Guest appearance = page on the game only.

Best action to take is waiting until the game is released.

Ever make an edit that you later end up regretting? I created the Super Mario Bros. Print World page some years back, which used to be rare but so obscure that no one knew of it so it was easy and inexpensive to obtain. Now sellers look for it on Google, find the Wiki page, and think it's worth a lot so they sell it for a whole lot more. Man, I should have waited to make the page until after I got the IBM Tandy version as well.

I don't know if the creation of the wiki page actually caused its price to go up. Could be other factors as well, but I guess the wiki page doesn't help.

I regret flubbed edit summaries more than edits because those can't be undone. But this actually isn't the place for chit-chat like this, just so you know: this sub-board is for productivity-based discussions. I think the overall General Discussion parent board would be a better place for lamentations about eBay prices and whatnot.

Well in that case, we really need to work on the pages that are stubby. We could use more info on the Mario Bros. NEC-PC games, Super Mario no Sweater, Mobile Golf, Golf: US and Japan Course, and Mario Artist for starters. I really don't like how the Mario Artist games are combined into one stubby page. I'll be picking up an N64DD one of these days to play my Mario Artist games, and I would be happy to flesh those entries out. Four separate games deserve four separate pages.

Also, do we have anything that arranges all the Mario games in calendar order? Because that's really needed. I actually did that for another forum and categorized all the way up to Mario Party: Island Tour, and I would be willing to share my efforts with this forum if no one's done it yet.

Yeah, List of games by date has everything by year, and ostensibly, within the years they're in the proper order but I haven't double-checked in a while; the various List of games pages show the specific dates, including by region, but they're chopped up into series and then into consoles first.

I personally just use my own private complete (and mostly up-to-date) list (User:Walkazo/Essays#Timeline), which has both the raw release dates (going by first release date, regardless of region) and also a divided-by-series-then-date list. It doesn't have all the serialized publications dates, however - although I kinda wanna make a separate list for that since the Club Nintendo comics already clutter it up something fierce in the stretch they were released in.

Toa 95 said:
The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Also, do we have anything that arranges all the Mario games in calendar order?

Here you go. (List of games by date)

BZZT! Wrong. Of course I know about that. I meant in actual calendar format. Today is June 30th? How do we know what Mario games were released on this date? That's what I'm talking about. You can't celebrate or recognize anniversaries in that simple year format.

I completed a list that was comprehensive up to Island Tour that has all the games in this calendar format.

As you can probably see, my rank is Goomba (1 star). I have been a Goomba for 2 years now and I am wondering how to rank up. Do any of you know how? :bowjr:

Bowser_Jr said:
As you can probably see, my rank is Goomba (1 star). I have been a Goomba for 2 years now and I am wondering how to rank up. Do any of you know how? :bowjr:
I just posted and ended up a Koopa Troopa--I believe the minimum for that is 50 posts (is there a Rank thread around here? Also not sure what Stars mean).
By the way, as was said earlier, this really isn't so much a General Discussion thread as it is a "How-Can-We-Improve-the-Wiki" Discussion thread. Perhaps the title should be tweaked to make that clearer.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Bowser_Jr said:
I just posted and ended up a Koopa Troopa--I believe the minimum for that is 50 posts (is there a Rank thread around here? Also not sure what Stars mean).
By the way, as was said earlier, this really isn't so much a General Discussion thread as it is a "How-Can-We-Improve-the-Wiki" Discussion thread. Perhaps the title should be tweaked to make that clearer.
At the least the awards General Discussion should be renamed.

Back