The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

I rather see a new interesting villain rather than Ganondorf because I feel Zelda is a series where a lot could be done with a range of villains.

But what I want to see most is a open overworld that is bigger than any other Zelda.

Fighter Zae said:
Ganondorf said:
Wait, are you saying you want to make dungeons optional?

Sorta, im saying have the main dungeons and then have optional dungeons.

So theres more to do, as most zelda games dont have a lot of things to do other then collectables and the main story.
Why should we have optional main dungeons, sidequests are far from the most important thing about the game.

Why should we have optional main dungeons, sidequests are far from the most important thing about the game.

because like i said, more stuff to do?

Ive seen quite a few people complain about zeldas lack of content, as the main story and some heart pieces are basically the game, which kinda turns people off.

Optional dungeons could be more challenging and makes use for a variety of tools unlike main story dungeons which usually center around one tool that you got from a miniboss in said dungeon.

It opens more up for both difficulty and variety with the tools and general puzzle solving.

I've seen rpgs do optional dungeons and such and it works pretty well, and just adds more to the game.

NSY said:

Actually, I think the greater number of sidequests are what make Majora's Mask a better game than Ocarina of Time.

NSY said:
Fighter Zae said:
Ganondorf said:
Wait, are you saying you want to make dungeons optional?

Sorta, im saying have the main dungeons and then have optional dungeons.

So theres more to do, as most zelda games dont have a lot of things to do other then collectables and the main story.
The main dungeons wouldn't be optional. You would have some side ones that you could do if you wanted to. They could reward you with stuff like defense and magic upgrades instead of required items.

We can incorporate option dungeons into sidequests, can't we?

Baby Luigi said:
NSY said:

Actually, I think the greater number of sidequests are what make Majora's Mask a better game than Ocarina of Time.
That game was built with sidequests in mind though (thought it did an excellent job with it as well and I really liked it) but most Zelda games are not. As this will be a big Zelda game i'd rather have a 50 hour main story with only 10 hours of sidequests rather than a 10 hour long main with 50 hours of sidequests.
Hypochondriac Mario said:
We can incorporate option dungeons into sidequests, can't we?
Mini dungeons that test your skills, yes that would be prefect. Actual main dungeons with actual boss battles at the end, possibly not.

you could just do even amounts of sidequest with the main story.

50 hours for main and 50 hours for sidequests.

Ive seen it before and im sure nintendo could accomplish it.

NSY said:
As this will be a big Zelda game i'd rather have a 50 hour main story with only 10 hours of sidequests rather than a 10 hour long main with 50 hours of sidequests.

Actually, that depends on the quality of the sidequests and the main quests, really

I mean, look at Majora's Mask. It did an excellent job at the sidequests.

True, but I'd like to have a lot of sidequests with the mainquest because again, sidequests really flesh out Link games.

Just as long as they're not ----ty

Baby Luigi said:
Just as long as they're not ----ty
unlike skyward sword, which had the most boring sidequests you can imagine (the main quest makes up for it though)

NSY said:
But what I want to see most is a open overworld that is bigger than any other Zelda.
I don't think that will happen for a long time. Twilight Princess is probably the biggest and most open out of all the Zelda franchise. And I think as a retrospect, the creators did not exactly like it. That's why Skyward Sword was such a relatively small world.

Dracomon said:
NSY said:
I don't think that will happen for a long time. Twilight Princess is probably the biggest and most open out of all the Zelda franchise. And I think as a retrospect, the creators did not exactly like it. That's why Skyward Sword was such a relatively small world.
The overworld was one of the best things too come out of TP though. I don't mind the handheld too-down games having small overworlds but I think the mainstream console Zeldas are best off with big open worlds . BTW Skyward Sword isn't really that small.

I want the overworld to have lots of side things around it, like wind waker.
but without the endless sailing.

As long as the over world has a faster mode of transportation like Epona or being able to warp like in OoT, it can be as big as the developers want.

Well, it is possible to make a large world without too much running: just don't make it vast and empty like Hyrule Field.

Dracomon said:
Unless there's a heck of a lot of things filled in Hyrule field.

It's still mostly empty

Termina Field did a much better job than Hyrule Field, in my opinion.

Dracomon said:
Unless there's a heck of a lot of things filled in Hyrule field.

most of its just grass.

At least other open world games like kingdom of amular reckoning put various amounts of natures and stone around the big open areas.

Hyrule field is just more of an embarrassment when it comes to actual open world games.

Dracomon said:
Well what I meant by that quote, is actually have a game where there is a lot of things in Hyrule Field.

Oh okay, i mean its a good idea, but i dont know if nintendo will actually do it.

It's possible. I think Termina Field is the step in the right direction

Back