The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Re: Zelda (Wii U)

I'm not begging for Twilight Princess's "uber dark hyper realistic" art style.

Something closer to Ocarina of Time's art style would be nice, or even that Wii U tech demo.

Ganondorf said:
I'm not begging for Twilight Princess's "uber dark hyper realistic" art style.

Something closer to Ocarina of Time's art style would be nice, or even that Wii U tech demo.

Well if anything i wouldnt mind seeing more of skyward swords visual style as i really like it.

Although i still wonder if any visual style of graphics will ever appeal to me as much as ToV did.

I'm not a fan of Twilight Princess's muddy colors (like Brawl's colors), especially in a fantasy game developed by Nintendo.

Skyward Sword looks more visually pleasing, so I want something more like that.

this'll probably be the first game I buy w/e I get Wii U

anyways i'd like TP's visual style to be brought back

I definitely would like more of TP's art style, just a lot more cleaner. Skyward Sword was just too bright honestly. It just felt like they added like the lightest and brightest shades of each color to the game.

Anyways, when he says "expanding the game into more than single player", perhaps he's talking about more than one playable character? Like perhaps part of game you play as a different character...?

Well its possible to have more characters playable.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants to play as sheik and some other might want to play as zelda.

That would be neat to me anyway

Ganondorf said:
GANON MODE

Calm down.

I don't think they would have that, or else we would probably have to either...

A) Wait another 2 years for development.

B) Have a shorter "Main" game in order to compensate on time.

C) Have bad graphics in order to compensate for length/things in the game.

I think there will be points in the game where you will have to play as another character, if they do that of course. I mean, technically you already played as Zelda before in Spirit Tracks, so it's not like that hasn't been done before.

i think we should just get a pure open world zelda and it'd be good

and of course optional dungeons that really test your skills

NO. GANON MODE NOW.

Okay, maybe not that extreme. Maybe something like Tank Tank Tank where one player with the game pad is Beast Ganon and the other four players fight him as the regular characters.

Anna said:
I definitely would like more of TP's art style, just a lot more cleaner. Skyward Sword was just too bright honestly. It just felt like they added like the lightest and brightest shades of each color to the game.

Anyways, when he says "expanding the game into more than single player", perhaps he's talking about more than one playable character? Like perhaps part of game you play as a different character...?
Which reminds me, never play Skyward Sword immediately after Twilight Princess. It seriously hurts.

Fighter Zae said:
i think we should just get a pure open world zelda and it'd be good

and of course optional dungeons that really test your skills
But that won't happen unless you have all the items from the beginning.

Ganondorf said:
Or rent them like in ALBW.

yep.

Thats what i was thinking of actually, man i love the rent system in that game.

Ganondorf said:

Honestly, I thought the renting item thing was cool, but I rather not see it in this game. Like, it was a cool feature and all, but I really don't want it expanding throughout the rest of the games because I actually like going into dungeons, being unable to advance until I find the new item and then getting it to solve even more puzzles throughout the dungeon to get to the boss. Plus, being restricting to having to find and not buy your items allows you to pace yourself instead of being able to buy them all at once and basically clear all the side-quests and stuff.

I mean, you know how OP that would have been in Skyward Sword, especially in Lanayru Desert? The only thing preventing you from going ahead was the double clawshots.

Well they could use that system sometimes, but most of the time its more rewarding finding the tools on your own, rather then renting/buying them.

A thing for spin-offs maybe, not for core games.

Anna said:
Ganondorf said:

Honestly, I thought the renting item thing was cool, but I rather not see it in this game. Like, it was a cool feature and all, but I really don't want it expanding throughout the rest of the games because I actually like going into dungeons, being unable to advance until I find the new item and then getting it to solve even more puzzles throughout the dungeon to get to the boss. Plus, being restricting to having to find and not buy your items allows you to pace yourself instead of being able to buy them all at once and basically clear all the side-quests and stuff.

I mean, you know how OP that would have been in Skyward Sword, especially in Lanayru Desert? The only thing preventing you from going ahead was the double clawshots.
No way.

I keep buying my items in that game because I can't stand that feature.

Ganondorf said:
I'm not sure how else you would have the dungeons be in any order.

Well there are ways, such as dungeons having no order to begin with.

Also having certain areas unlocked by having items from other dungeons but at the same time these sections are completely optional.

No, only some dungeons are optional. Like Under the Well or that ice cave thing from Ocarina of Time.

Ganondorf said:
Wait, are you saying you want to make dungeons optional?

Sorta, im saying have the main dungeons and then have optional dungeons.

So theres more to do, as most zelda games dont have a lot of things to do other then collectables and the main story.

Definitely. To get most of the Link experience, the sidequests should be done, and optional dungeons can be a great way to extend it.

Back