Featured Articles

Ok, before I get too much criticism for having consistent errors I may not understand...I need some constructive criticism on the state of these following articles:

Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7

And in the future, Mario Party 5, which I am currently working on. Any suggestions to improve what they already are are welcomed, as I've been following a standard I have set up for those Mario Party articles that I want all Mario Party articles to adhere to. Anything wrong with the standard, or any improvements I can make? Some of my wording may be a bit repetitive but what can I do, I think the Mario Party series are a bit repetitive and I'm writing as if it was the viewer's first Mario Party game.

The only thing you shouldn't criticize me on? The Orb images, I'll snatch pics of them when I can.

The yellow colouring for the MP6 tables is really garish and it has no particular relevance to the game itself. Any reason it couldn't be plain white?

(also there's future tense but i always complain about future tense)

I've used yellow because it matches the colors used in the nav. template, which we standardized in this wiki, pertaining to a game series. This was my twin's suggestion to use colors anyway, so eh, I don't know what she has to say about that.

I'd like to color tables though because white throughout is a bit boring and it's a bit easier to read through a straight line thanks to the color coding. We don't really have a standard on what to do when it comes to tables though. Mario Party 7's tables are still white, Mario Party 5's tables are gray, some tables use a dark blue header on the top like List of Boos in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Treacherous Mansion has a white table with a green header to match the nav templates, and much more examples.

Another reason color shouldn't be used because the alternate color style gets screwed up when you sort the table, as the table is a sortable class.

Comment is not helpful, not something i'd take seriously

As soon as I create the World 0 articles, I'm planning to feature Mario Party: Star Rush. Yes, I will already. If there's any suggestions, please make them.

MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N/Super Mario 3D Land

This article sucks too much in my opinion to be featured.

Anyway, I'm pretty close to reimplementing that Current Nomination/Unnomination table in our MarioWiki: Featured Articles page. Instead of automatic updating due to some MediaWiki bug (like waaaayyy back in the past), however, we'll just update it manually, typing in Feature Times, failure times, etc on the table instead. I hate using categories to update information, if you're logged out, you probably can't catch it as it doesn't update the articles on the category until sometime later. It also looks very lazy and unprofessional. We don't use categories for listing active talk page proposals, neither should we use categories to list Featured Article/UnFeature nominations.

The archives, I guess they're fine the way they are, I mostly take issue with listing active ones via category.

I'd like any comments first. Do I need administration approval to do this? It's been a while since I last proposed a better organizational method for Featured Articles, similar to how we handled proposals, and I haven't really gotten anything.

I'm not speaking for the administration on the whole, but I give it consent, especially the whole category thing, a full archive would be more desirable in my view.

I should probably work on my proposed version of how the table would look like on my sandbox. I'll present it here once I'm finished.

I looked at Yoshi Circuit, and thought it was in pretty good shape. There are a couple of sentences that don't flow right for me, so I plan on changing them before nominating. Can't see any other glaring faults?

A common problem I see in Mario Kart 8 images to illustrate the track is that people just randomly take highlight reel screenshots instead of, y'know, actually taking gameplay screenshots of what the track looks like while you're driving through it. It bugs me.

i.e. make the Wii U version have screenshots similar to Double Dash's screenshots and remove the highlight reel images that aren't part of the official release.

Awesome, I was going to ask what to do with those images. Hopefully I'll be able to begin work on this before the new year rolls round :)

Well the bad news is that imgur crapped itself with its hipster coding, so you can't use it anymore to upload Wii U gameplay screenshots.

Ok, first things first: I want to move all Featured Article archive pages to a more consistent naming scheme

MarioWiki:Featured articles/A/Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story -> MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

-/A/

+/N#/

And

MarioWiki:Featured articles/Archive/N1/Badge -> MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Badge

-/Archive

This may require some reordering, so I might need some admin help for moving pages.

I also think we should add a parameter to those archive notice templates rather than awkwardly putting a line of bold text just outside the template.

Shouldn't that also apply to TPPs with the "current time" parameter in that box?

MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N/Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

This article isn't exactly terrible, not like Mario Kart 64 terrible, but it could use SO much more for improvement to be featured on the main page, especially when two other RPG games, Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time appear to be in a far, far, far better shape than this article and they're both featured. This is coming from someone who has never played the game, though, so extra info on any potential missing content would be nice.

I've been trying to improve Mario Party Advance and eventually make it a featured article. Off the top of my head, I know that the story and game modes sections can still be expanded and there are still a couple of empty sections, but is there anything else that I should work on?

The article needs screenshots for the Game Modes and you need to write a gameplay section, talking about how you play the game. There's no explanation to how the game is played, so I'd like a section that deals with the Dice Blocks you get, the rock-paper-scissor minigame thing from Koopa Kids, how minigames are played, etc. I also think a map of Shroom City would suffice, so we know what "Seaside Section" exactly is.

Back