Featured Articles

I'll first see what can I fix or not in the article

You should! It's complete, thorough, and otherwise very good. It only looks small because it's a pretty mediocre game, but the quality of the subject itself doesn't matter. I suggest you nominate that too.

Well I guess I could add the Chance Shots in. Wouldn't want users hopping back and forth between the two articles. Or maybe just give Chance Shot its own page.

Yeah, why isn't Chance Shot is own page anyway? It definitely should be.

Yeah, give it its own page, just as how Power Shots does (although I think it should be split along game series lines). Does Ultra Smash have any major differences, such as the addition of a new type of Chance Shot, just wondering?

It introduced this Jump Shot thing, which I'm not entirely sure what it does.

I don't know if I should nominate Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for featuring

It's technically a complete article but idk if it's, you know, enoughcontent enough for featured standards.

I also don't want 2016 be the official year without any new featured articles, reflects pretty badly on our wiki imo

EDIT: Oh lol I already asked this question before, didn't notice it

You worked hard on it, so I say give it a go. Not sure if it'll get enough votes, but eh.

And also, for the MarioWiki: Featured Article page, can we actually just keep a list to manually update it like in the past (we used to use an extension before it broke), updating it via category isn't always reliable, especially for anons who can't see the most updated category list, usually, and it makes us look lazy on our part. We don't link to a category when dealing with active TPPs, and neither should this page link to a category.

I have thoughts on unfeaturing Macho Grubba and possibly other articles that have a similar case like Culex

The article size flirts the Featured Article size boundaries and I'd rather be on the safe side and unfeature it if we're going to debate how big an article should be. We should be 100% certain about an article's size, and if an article just barely passes the requirements, I don't think it's good enough to be featured.

Time Turner said:
Baby Luigi said:
BTW, I dunno if Macho Grubba should stay featured. It seems crufty and a little too short for my tastes.
I do have issues with the article, like the seriously-short length, occasionally-flowery writing, awkward organization of sections, weird table of moves that isn't all that useful and would be much better as an actual paragraph, and lackluster intro, but... Actually, what am I saying, this really shouldn't be a featured article.
It has more problems beyond its size.

One month ago I nominated Donkey Kong Barrel Blast to become featured, and the deadline is only a few weeks away. Some assistance with the current problems would be helpful, as the general tense is all over the place, and there is also a problem about the icons that needs to be fixed. And for some reason, the link to the voting page for the article is missing.

Supported the Shadow Mario unfeature as the points that Time Turner brought out I agree with.

Btw how does Mario Tennis: Power Tour look? It looks complete however I'm not sure if some sections are too small or if there are too many tabkes compared to writing, I'm interested to see others opinions on this.

And the construction template should be gone soon, ignore that for now.

This probably needs a game play section explaining how to play the game, assuming readers never played tennis before. Also how do you use Power Shots? How are they acquired? Are they like Power Tennis or something different?

The reception section could use the official reception table we have. Take a look at Mario Tennis Ultra Smash to see how it's done. Referencing the review sites would also be nice, especially in proper reference format.

Thanks, I forgot about a gameplay section. I'm pretty sure that Power Shots are explained in its own section, however it probably needs elaboration in the gameplay section anyway. This also made me realise that the article doesn't even cover the exhibition mode or any of the other options, so I guess that the article needs more work than I thought it did. For the review template, are there certain reviewers that we prefer or is it just anyone that seems credible?

I also noticed that Ultra Smash is missing a controls section and a section on how chance shots work, which is something that Mario Tennis Open, another featured article, has. Not a huge issue but something that would be useful to add. (I can't, don't own Ultra Smash).

For the reviewers, I dunno I usually pick the big ones like IGN or Gamestop, but I also look for reviews who may have a dissenting opinion from the rest as well, especially in terms of criticizing the game. Basically most reviews will work.

What are people's thoughts on R.O.B.? I'd say it's good enough to be featured.

Also Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest) is a very long article for just a level (although looking through the other level pages for this game are of a similar length), especially considering how most other level articles are written for recent games like the Special levels in Super Mario 3D World. It's also poorly written and reads like a walkthrough, which is against policy. And obviously if we strip it down to how other level articles are it'd be too short to be featured.

R.O.B. could use an expanded Smash Bros. section. If you want pointers on how it should look like, look at Ganondorf or Captain Olimar, see how those two articles do it.

I have some thoughts about Bramble Scramble's state, and maybe a good portion of it is padding. I've never played DKC2 though, so I can't give more thoughts on it.

Duskull said:
What are people's thoughts on R.O.B.? I'd say it's good enough to be featured.
All of the images crammed into the Brawl section make it look bulky and unwieldy, and the Sm4sh section meanwhile has no accompanying image.

Duskull said:
Also Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest) is a very long article for just a level (although looking through the other level pages for this game are of a similar length), especially considering how most other level articles are written for recent games like the Special levels in Super Mario 3D World. It's also poorly written and reads like a walkthrough, which is against policy. And obviously if we strip it down to how other level articles are it'd be too short to be featured.
The article is definitely trying to include as many fluffy and extraneous details as possible, which isn't for the better.

Back