Featured Articles

...I never remember the easy options. I've put a "packed" gallery for now, as the images are too low-res with the normal gallery and it makes better use of the space.

Time Turner said:
...I never remember the easy options. I've put a "packed" gallery for now, as the images are too low-res with the normal gallery and it makes better use of the space.
If the images are low res, then why not use gallery parameters like this?

Code:
<gallery widths=Xpx heights=Xpx>
File:This asshole.png
</gallery>

Just curious, when was the "no support comments" rule introduced?

I mean it makes sense because reading "Per All." 50 times doesn't really help anyone.

I haven't really found exactly where, but the oppose section sounds nice

http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Proposals/Archive_31#Allow_Support_Reasoning_on_Featured_Article_Nominations

Though I DO think it's counterproductive to remove featured article support reasons anyway.

Thinking about nominating WarioWare: Touched!. Is there any more things that need to be done before I put it up? Maybe needs proofreading.

Just one thing: how come Twisted! has a souvenir ex-subpage while Touched! doesn't?

I think it's because the list is larger

I'm also thinkin' about renominating Mario Kart 8....again

I've basically fixed all the problems on why it failed. I've added a paragraph in the Gameplay section explaining the very basic premise and controls of Mario Kart (with more advanced stuff further down the article, which of course, I didn't add since it explains for itself). I've given a designated NPC table (no other Mario Kart article has this!) and also split the NPCs into hazards and dudes who are basically props. I know the table lacks images, but is it bad enough to not make it featured?

The only other problem I know, also, is the sloppy controls table, but is there really a better way to present it? I know a controller map is THE best way, but where can we find an image of that? I know the pause screen from Mario Kart 8, the problem is that it's barebones as hell (only steer and acceleration, I mean, WTF man).

EDIT: I *could* add course features like the glider ramp, the spin boost spinny thing, boost panels, rings, air currents, etc...

Maybe try uploading some pictures of each enemy/obstacle to the Enemies and obstacles section? That seems like a way to improve that part since then the reader gets to view images of what is actually happening.

I really hate using Miiverse to take screenshots. It's all slow and clunky, and it takes forever to upload screenshots due to the post limit. Not to mention that I hate Miiverse in general. Maybe I can ask MS&G to take screenshots for me, since he has taken higher quality screenshots in the past.

Wait, is this a new Miiverse update or what? I haven't use Miiverse (because it and its admins are a pile of crap), so.....?

From my time uploading images for Sm4sh, there are three basic ways to grab images from the Wii U and put them online, each with varying quality:

1. Upload them to Miiverse. This is a pain to do for a lot of screenshots, and your images come out as 480p.
2. Upload them directly to the Internet. If you pause your game with the Home Screen and then go to your desired uploading area (Imgur, the wiki, etc.), you'll have the option of uploading either the TV's image or the gamepad's image. Again, it's time-consuming, but your images come out as 720p.
3. Use an SD card. This will only work if the game has an in-game way to take pictures, and I don't know if MK8 has a way to do that. If you grab the images you want and stick your SD card on your computer, they'll come out as 1080p.

Time Turner said:
This will only work if the game has an in-game way to take pictures, and I don't know if MK8 has a way to do that.

It doesn't.

As far as I know the only game that does let you do that is Smash.

Time Turner said:
2. Upload them directly to the Internet. If you pause your game with the Home Screen and then go to your desired uploading area (Imgur, the wiki, etc.), you'll have the option of uploading either the TV's image or the gamepad's image. Again, it's time-consuming, but your images come out as 720p.
This sounds much better, although probably as time-consuming, but it'll spare me the pain of going through Miiverse.

Thinking about nominating Captain Olimar to be featured? Any opposition?

By the way, I really think we should manually update the FA/UNFA list manually, a bit like how we handle proposals, because letting categories do the work for us is pretty darn unorthodox (IPs can't even see the nominations via category like, days or so when you nominate it)

Back