Help expand my GameCube library

You might mean Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, I remember playing that at a neighbour's house once. I recommend you get the Wii Version instead, unless you have the DK bongos and mind playing what probably is the inferior version.

Pac-Man VS will be the greatest purchase of your life, especially if you can set it up with a second Gamecube/TV with a GB Player.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned these, but there's Star Fox Adventures (solid Zelda-clone) and Star Fox Assault (okay-ish, but not as good Star Fox 64).

If you like dancing games, then there's DDR Mario (has some great Mario remixes in it).

So other titles I enjoyed that you might not expect were 1080 Avalanche and NBA Live 2003 (that specific year).

Ganondorf said:
Isn't there a Donkey Kong game on CameCube?

If so, how is it?
Donkey Konga 1, 2 and 3 (though 3 is Japan-only). They're all pretty solid rhythm games.

There's also Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, which is a really quirky and interesting platformer/rhythm game that you control with the bongos.

Glaceon said:
You might mean Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, I remember playing that at a neighbour's house once. I recommend you get the Wii Version instead, unless you have the DK bongos and mind playing what probably is the inferior version.
The platforming / action bits reeeeeaaally aren't that good to hold up the game on its own. Its winning aspect was the novelty of playing with the bongos, so don't even bother with the Wii version.

Kleptoad said:
Baby Luigi said:
Kleptoad said:
so you skip 4 the one good mario party for the gamecube

All Mario Party games for the GameCube are good, with varying degrees of greatness :P
Nope only mario parties 1-4 are any good
More like only 2 and 3. 9 can be really good too but you need the right audience.

fantanoice said:
Ganondorf said:

If so, how is it?
Glaceon said:
The platforming / action bits reeeeeaaally aren't that good to hold up the game on its own. Its winning aspect was the novelty of playing with the bongos, so don't even bother with the Wii version.

So the Wii version isn't as superior as I've been hearing? I feel deceived.

This just hit me, but I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes in the past so you may want to try hunting that down. I feel I'm forgetting other good Sonic games on the GameCube, but that was the only one to come to mind.

Glaceon said:
This just hit me, but I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes in the past so you may want to try hunting that down. I feel I'm forgetting other good Sonic games on the GameCube, but that was the only one to come to mind.

There's also the ports of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, as well as the Mega and Gems collections.

Glaceon said:
fantanoice said:
Ganondorf said:

If so, how is it?
Glaceon said:

So the Wii version isn't as superior as I've been hearing? I feel deceived.

I really liked Sonic Heroes as well. Just be wary that the collision detection is kinda screwy, so you may be falling through platforms every now and again (so many lost A-rankings because of that *bleep*).

Yep, get F-Zero GX. Also consider adding Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4 to the list, they're really fun.

has anyone mentioned paper mario: the thousand year door?

i skimmed it and i haven't seen anyone mention it

PM2 is in my opinion the finest game on the gamecube, and one of the best mario games in general

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, X-Men Legends II (Never played the first one so I can't tell you how great it is)

I remember Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 being alright, (3 allows cooperative play of most of the Rogue Squadron 2 levels if you've got a buddy)

Also I've never played Soul Calibur 2 unfortunately, but from my experiences with the later games I'd say it's worth trying out.

oh yeah, Animal Crossing is good if you have the time to play it just a little bit each day

Elsa said:
has anyone mentioned paper mario: the thousand year door?

i skimmed it and i haven't seen anyone mention it

PM2 is in my opinion the finest game on the gamecube, and one of the best mario games in general

It was in the OP, so I didn't bother. But not that you have, I should mention I have played through that game thoroughly twenty one and a half times, and have enjoyed and cherished each run. I legitimately feel bad for people who want the game but haven't gotten to play it.

Rei Hino said:
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Custom Robo, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, X-Men Legends II (Never played the first one so I can't tell you how great it is)

I remember Rogue Squadron 2 and 3 being alright, (3 allows cooperative play of most of the Rogue Squadron 2 levels if you've got a buddy)

Also I've never played Soul Calibur 2 unfortunately, but from my experiences with the later games I'd say it's worth trying out.

well both x-men legend games are good, there will be problems if you dont like hack n slash rpgs though.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis yet. In my opinion the best GC game ever.

Because money doesn't grow on trees, I can only get two, maybe three games max for the GameCube (trying to only have to use my Amazon giftcards). TTYD is the only one for sure I'm getting. I'm seeing a lot of positive stuff for F-Zero GX, but a lot of people are talking about the difficulty and how it turned them off from the game.

but a lot of people are talking about the difficulty and how it turned them off from the game.

GX is very much one of those "tough, but fair" game. Stick with it and you will learn to love it.

Princess Zae said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Has anyone mentioned the Timesplitters games yet?

nope, but excellent suggestion.
I would recommend them too I've played Future Perfect on PS2 and I'm hopefully getting the first one at some point. Worth getting.

Mario party 4
best of the series imo
will you be playing these on a GC or on a wii?
because you should just get a ps2 or dreamcast if you wanna play games from that era

Deception said:
no really, forget gc, get a ps2 or dreamcast
Get all of them.

Though most of the top DC library is available on other platforms and not really worth it.

true
most good DC games are available on ps2 and/or xbox
except that you can burn DC discs with a pc :evilgrin:

Back