So what's with Rosalina recently?

Zae said:
kinda feel bad for daisy as she as literally gotten no great role in the franchise.

So do I

It's the Year of the Luigi and she doesn't even get acknowledged

I like Rosalina as an individual, and I believe many fans have the same feeling. However, if we're discussing her position in Mario series, it has to be a different story.

It's kinda like Rosalina suddenly becomes an "important" representive of Mario series. The question is that "sudden". Actually it's been six years after her debut, that's quite a long time. However, she didn't recieve any other important role between Galaxy/KartWii and SM3DW, and she was absent in lots of games where other main characters keep making their appearances (except Toadette). And in the view story, we still can't see Rosalina has a special position in the Mario cast. Without stories and descriptions, she is still an outsider from the "galaxy" and honestly I feel bad for her in this point.

I'm happy to see more Mario franchise heroines. But since the problem that originates from Nintendo's lack of character developmen still exist, it shouldn't continue.

Deku Link said:
I was just like "you need to be just a ton more games than this" and slowly I've been seeing that, and now it has hit that she is a well-known Mario character.
She is awesome, so she deserves to be in more games, doesn't she? It's like many people complaing no Toadette or, BowerJr or babies in other games.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Rosalina got quite a backstory there, and it wouldn't hurt if some characters got small, simple ones.
We should know that her own story isn't doing with the whole thing of Marioverse, and Rosalina still needs more development as well as other characters. I don't think Mario characters need too much "backstory". What I'd like to see is Mario characters have more participation in RPGs where they can show their personality in serious actions, not party or sport tournaments.

infinite8 said:
Daisy only appears every spin-off games, not a single mainstream mario game except super mario land.
Have you ever heard of "taking cause for effect"? In that theory, that's still Nintendo's fault since they didn't make recurring characters that are useful enough in "mainstream" games.

In a narrow sense of story, actually Rosalina's role is closer to Tippi and Kersti the RPG characters (not mentioning Sprixie this time), who could just had one appearance after a certain event.

Deku Link said:
I love it.

Rosalina is just awesome, and from the moment I saw her in Galaxy, I was just like "you need to be just a ton more games than this" and slowly I've been seeing that, and now it has hit that she is a well-known Mario character.

Just dang, her popularity is insane, but you know who else's was as well?

Bowser Jr., as as soon as he made his debut, look at all the games he was in and all the playable stuff he was in, even though he was not even around for that long! It's not like this hasn't happened before.

Now, if only Bowser Jr. entered the Smash Bros. fray as well. But that's a different topic.

Anyway, it's quite funny how Rosalina, a supporting character to start out, managed to graduate to being a playable in a mainstream game.

I'm really glad Nintendo's giving Rosalina some spotlight time. This could possibly be a sign of Rosalina's entry into the Mario cast, which I have no problem with =). :mario: :luigi:

I think Rosalina is a far more interesting character than the others. Yes, mostly it's fan service but she's gonna have a pretty unique moveset in Smash 4 compared to what Daisy could use.

It doesn't really seem too random, popular characters get more roles. Having a female character that isn't getting kidnapped is a nice change.

Yeah shes so interesting in the series that doesn't do character development so i'm sure shes going to develop further lol

Fearless Fosdick said:
Yeah shes so interesting in the series that doesn't do character development so i'm sure shes going to develop further lol

hence the 'I think'. It's just what I think, completely a personal opinion. It's nice to have a female character appearing more frequently that isn't Peach or Daisy. I didn't even care about that whole backstory thing in Galaxy 1 though, could've done without it honestly.

I feel like I should brand an 'IMO' somewhere here just so I don't get another sarcastic response about my opinion on a videogame. It's not really something I'm taking seriously hence why I don't really think I need much of a reason to find a character interesting other than choosing to do so or not.

Rosalina is one of my least favorite mario characters so i'm not thrilled with Nintendo's sudden obsession with her at all

The Nutcrackin355 said:
It doesn't really seem too random, popular characters get more roles. Having a female character that isn't getting kidnapped is a nice change.

I feel like I should brand an 'IMO' somewhere here just so I don't get another sarcastic response about my opinion on a videogame. It's not really something I'm taking seriously hence why I don't really think I need much of a reason to find a character interesting other than choosing to do so or not.
It could be somewhat correct, but the problem still lies in Nintendo. Yes, they're able to make intereseting characters, so why uninteresting characters exist and have so many appearances in Mario history?

I think they should have tried it at least. If Toad, Daisy and the others have been in NSMBWii, RPGs and Smash bros 2~3, I'd have believed it's Rosalina's time to shine.

Rosalina appeals to a new generation of Mario fans. Younger fans are more likely to recognize her than say Daisy because Mario Galaxy was one of the first Mario games they played. Not everyone can start with Super Mario Bros. or SMW or Mario 64...

Baby Simones said:
Rosalina appeals to a new generation of Mario fans. Younger fans are more likely to recognize her than say Daisy because Mario Galaxy was one of the first Mario games they played. Not everyone can start with Super Mario Bros. or SMW or Mario 64...
I never thought Daisy and the others have been recognized due to any of the SMB games :P.

This saying corresponds to those who only starred in early games (eg, Wart), but since the regular cast still exist in current canon, they're not with this case.

Deku Link said:
> Daisy fan defending Daisy.
Lol, just think, suddenly Daisy appears in a mainstream Mario game.
What? As far as I know, Daisy has been debatable for that she is set to be in a Mushroon Kingdom canon but has no actual SMB game appearance. Rosalina is more like the case you said.

Did you notice that Rosalina appeared in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX as a DLC recently? This second half of the year and the first half of 2014 would be "The Year of Rosalina".

Oh no, Rosalina is going to steal Luigi from Daisy! No, It's not going to happen.
If it happens, I'll get mad and become the Incredible Hulk!
HULK, SMASH!!!

I'm personally happy about it because I've always liked Rosalina and found her essentially the most interesting character in the series. I was never attached to Waluigi or Daisy so I'm indifferent to them not getting a role, though I understand how it might be frustrating to long time fans of them.

Dorayaki said:
Deku Link said:
As far as I know, Daisy has been debatable for that she is set to be in a Mushroon Kingdom canon but has no actual SMB game appearance.
She was in Super Mario Land, which is a main-series game.

Deku Link said:

All Daisy and female princess lovers just die in joy.
what about it

I do think it's a bit surprising all the sudden Rosalina love, but I still think they should do at least something to appeal to the rpg fans.

Rosalina did become recurring because she was a fan-favorite, correct? So when will a fan-favorite not from a platformer get some love?

Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.

Also, SML? Main-series? I thought to be a MAIN mario, it has to have only Koopa Troop enemies, Bowser as the villain, and minimal originality. JK I know older Marios were more original than many newer ones

FawfulTheSnowman said:
I do think it's a bit surprising all the sudden Rosalina love, but I still think they should do at least something to appeal to the rpg fans.

Rosalina did become recurring because she was a fan-favorite, correct? So when will a fan-favorite not from a platformer get some love?

Anyway, I agree Daisy's absence in main series is probably due to her annoying voice.

Also, SML? Main-series? I thought to be a MAIN mario, it has to have only Koopa Troop enemies, Bowser as the villain, and minimal originality. JK I know older Marios were more original than many newer ones
When Fawful stops being awful

Smaug said:
FawfulTheSnowman said:
I don't know why, but I doubt it is. "Annoying" is subjective.
It's because shes a palette swap of Peach whose stuck in spin offs because the mario series doesn't really have character development

Back