What would/will you name your children?

santanoice said:
Honestly though, I'd rather have boys than girls. I imagine they're like raising a puppy and I've done that before, whereas girls you need to worry about social constructs, periods, emotions, b*tching and I can barely deal with it myself, let alone somebody else.

Nope, definitely haven't had to face any social issues and I also haven't experienced any emotions, and I also don't experience any issues that are unique to me being a male as issues like periods are unique to females. Never, not once, at all.

Anyways, I haven't put too much thought into a specific name, but I've always wanted to name any of my kids something traditionally Swedish or German. That is if I don't adopt because gay. Or I could just use science to make kids or something idk.

time to make this thread controversial, abortion, thoughts?

(PS I'm not flamebaiting please dont like have legit fights I'm trying to be funny)

Deception said:

(PS I'm not flamebaiting please dont like have legit fights I'm trying to be funny)
no, stay on topic.

Anyway to answer the original question,

Boy: Dante
Girl: Cereza

Xpike said:
Deception said:

no, stay on topic.

Anyway to answer the original question,

Boy: Dante

will your son surf on rockets?

mffw people take my shit seriously, wow.

The idea with 'preimplantation genetic diagnosis' is that you identify the gender of the embryo made through IVF before it is inserted into the mother, and my understanding is that you could effectively keep doing it until you get a gender you want (presuming you have enough eggs)? Or maybe you alter the DNA in the embryo to the desired gender? I dunno, there were too many words for my short attention span. AFAIK, you can't do it (at this stage) with ones that were fertalised through traditional means, but I could be wrong, I haven't studied it very much and I'm not exactly in a rush to get pregnant or anything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preimplantation_genetic_diagnosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_sex_discernment

Anyway, on topic, serious baby names that I like are:

Girls:
- Emily or Emma (probably Emily)
- Stephanie

Boys:
- Matt / Matthew
- Daniel
- Chris / Christopher

I know, I'm not very original. Maybe I should name one of them Fluttershy to offset it. :b

santanoice said:
Anyway, on topic, serious baby names that I like are:

Girls:
- Emily or Emma (probably Emily)
- Stephanie

Boys:
- Matt / Matthew
- Daniel
- Chris / Christopher

I know, I'm not very original. Maybe I should name one of them Fluttershy to offset it. :b
My name is up there ;D

Caleb
William
Luke
Sparta

Grace
Pearl
Cassidy
Sparta

plot twist the girl names are the first ones

^o_O. Okay then.

Anyways, updated list while my brain is not tired.

Boys: Liam, Jake, Colin, Zaden, Daniel, Len
Girls: Diamond, Sophia, Summer, Tuesday, Daniella, Lucy, Serena, *insert my name here*, Mary, Rin

I'm better with girl names. >_<

Although I have reasons for never getting pregnant, these are just if I adopt or something.

I'm just wondering, but do you pick the names when adopting? I would've thought the original parents would've given them names

I'm pretty sure older kids are given names, I don't think babies are named, at least not all of them. :P

Curiously, everyone thinks I'm either called "Matthias", "Timothy", or "Matthew" at school and elsewhere, when it's not really that... So I would name my kids that IF EVER I get a child. No idea if the child was a girl.

@IceMario; That too.

But I suck at naming. Most of those names were ripped off from a character or my OCs.

Oh, and if I recall right typically children would have names, but it's probably possible for them not to, more likely the younger they are.

I really have no idea what I'd call any kid that could be represented as my child, regardless of gender. Probably something unique in terms of rarity.

Duskull said:
I'm just wondering, but do you pick the names when adopting? I would've thought the original parents would've given them names
i think if you adopt an abandoned newborn baby you can name it, but if they've already been raised then they keep their name

with an older child I would probably give the child the option to choose their name, and then have it changed as they chose

Back