What would/will you name your children?

Duskull said:
Sergeant Sillies said:
Cosmo Kramer said:
boys: chuck, frank, byron, kotaro, hamtaro, klavier or herman.
girls: lyn, candice, Aya or anne marie.
hamtaro-5.jpg
Memories of childhood are returning
This, although I only played Heartbreak.

Dr. Javelin said:
Shoutmon said:
because if not i really think you should just let her come to terms with it in her own time, without shaming her with pejorative phrasing like "grow up"
okay, fair enough

it's still a mark of immaturity though
if my memory serves, she's asexual. and even if she's not, there are plenty of reasons to be uncomfortable with sex and pregnancy and you shouldn't make fun of her for that

i think i took her post wrong, and that what she really meant was "the idea of me getting pregnant freaks me out" as opposed to "pregnancy in general freaks me out"

oh I guess I should have mentioned those were all girl names I said, I`m not adopting any boys

Dr. Javelin said:
i think i took her post wrong, and that what she really meant was "the idea of me getting pregnant freaks me out" as opposed to "pregnancy in general freaks me out"

You still shouldn't toss around "please grow up" and being "immature" for people who are uncomfortable for it, especially if they neither hetero nor homo. If I really meant that it's freaky, I would say, "it's freaky" but I obviously meant in my point of view by saying it freaks me out. But, the truth is, this stuff freaks me out in general. It doesn't turn me on. I'd rather stray away.

I can perfectly engage in a conversation with other adults dealing with this without cracking some sort of immature smile but this is just my opinion. I didn't choose it anyway.

Smg2daisy said:
BLOF you are a Chinese right
In my memory only Chinese have their Family name at the front, which you have.

That's true. Surnames always go in the front. But I'm rarely known by my Chinese name. My Chinese relatives are able to call me by my English name. Only if they write my name I think they write my Chinese name.

Smg2daisy said:
You mean like
I take my name as an example.
My name is 林晓琪, the English name is Lim Xiao Qi.
But some of the people didn't change their Chinese name, but add a name infront of their English name, like
Example: Daisy Lim Xiao Qi?

Is that what you mean, have two names?

Yep.

Smg2daisy said:
So people usually call you Sarah, but when they call you in Chinese they just call your full Chinese name which is 杨蓉
So your family name is Yang(杨), then your father is a Chinese.

No, only when they write it. They call me Sarah all other times.

Yes my dad is Chinese. However, my mom is French.

if and when we have kids were gonna create a whole generation of kids who wish they could have been around in the 90s to know what there name meant

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Javelin said:

You still shouldn't toss around "please grow up" and being "immature" for people who are uncomfortable for it, especially if they neither hetero nor homo. If I really meant that it's freaky, I would say, "it's freaky" but I obviously meant in my point of view by saying it freaks me out. But, the truth is, this stuff freaks me out in general. It doesn't turn me on. I'd rather stray away.

I can perfectly engage in a conversation with other adults dealing with this without cracking some sort of immature smile but this is just my opinion. I didn't choose it anyway.
alright, i apologize

i took it the wrong way, i thought you were saying the immature "ahh that stuff is freaky"

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
- I'm not having any boys
implying there is a choice in the matter
Implying I was serious. :P

Honestly though, I'd rather have boys than girls. I imagine they're like raising a puppy and I've done that before, whereas girls you need to worry about social constructs, periods, emotions, b*tching and I can barely deal with it myself, let alone somebody else.

Also, you can use IVF (well, specifically 'preimplantation genetic diagnosis') to determine the embryos gender so some couples use that to control the gender of their baby. Fun fact.

imagine learning your parents did that treatment on you, and you ended up being transgender, I`d be so pissed

santanoice said:
Honestly though, I'd rather have boys than girls. I imagine they're like raising a puppy and I've done that before, whereas girls you need to worry about social constructs, periods, emotions, b*tching and I can barely deal with it myself, let alone somebody else.
like raising a puppy...?
santanoice said:
Also, you can use IVF (well, specifically 'preimplantation genetic diagnosis') to determine the embryos gender so some couples use that to control the gender of their baby. Fun fact.
i hate it when people tamper with life

not sure to be honest, im not particulry good with children and personally id be a horrible father.

Though with names they'd go like this

Male: varron, karoth, zelkis.

female: veilxis, shalene, meia, yueisa, leilith.

Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:
Actually there is some choice. We have abortion (which is sometimes frowned upon or in some countries forbidden by law) or maybe selective seed transplantation (something with X or Y-chromosomes).

santanoice said:
Boys also have their problems, not just girls.

Though having children in general can be Hell on Earth I've heard some say, and personally I don't see cheese in it either.

santanoice said:
Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:

please go and research your shit, lady

santanoice said:
Dr. Javelin said:
santanoice said:

What do you mean control the gender of the baby? You don't mean getting an abortion if it's a boy, do you?

Zae said:
i like how you didnt prove her wrong at all
ok
first off: raising a boy is not like raising a dog at all, in fact in the early stages of childhood and such it's more or less the same as raising a girl: buying someone toys, giving him/her attention, helping him/her associate the values a normal person will have, etc.
Source: I am a fucking boy AND I helped raise my little brother AND I have helped raise 2 puppies in the last year.

second: Designer babies are not in any way advanced as to be able to modify the chromosomes the baby would have, which, as you probably know, is what determines the gender of a human being at birth. Right now they're only a method available to the extremely rich or famous, and even then it's only for extremely simple things like hair color. You can read more about it here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designer_baby

Back