Year of Yoshi

Hmmm...I have a feeling that 2015 will be when this could POTENTIALLY happen.

Remember, all speculations, but let's see...

- If 2015, it would be the 25th Anniversary of Yoshi's first appearance, which was in Super Mario World. Plus the 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. is that same year, which is both great contenders.

- Yoshi's New Island and Yarn Yoshi were "briefly" mentioned this year, and it might take them all of 2014 too to do/postpone. Both of those games will be great games to have for the Year of Yoshi, as well as other surprises.

- The Year of Luigi definitely has made a great year for Luigi, and I feel that Yoshi might get the same thing for him due to the same reason as Luigi: not getting enough spotlight and somewhat secondary to Mario.

Now, again, just all speculations, but it's fun to speculate. I know that BLOF and LGM would probably whine about it every day that this is happening, and probably go down to Nintendo to smash their heads, but I think it would be cool to see a Year of Yoshi!

Thoughts?

Year of Trinen 2020

I'm expecting both of those Yoshi games to be out by the end of 2014 (assuming they come up at E3 and based on my assumption that their development times aren't incredibly long), if not early in the first quarter of 2015, so I'm not expecting them to promote some kind of "Year of Yoshi," an event I don't consider likely in the first place because Nintendo would have to do something like it for other characters, and at that point, the "Year of X" thing would lose its significance.

I would very much like it, surprise surprise, but it would only work if they delayed those two games to 2015.

I would love this too. :yoshi:

how about nintendo decides to scrap the whole "year of" concept and instead decides to make good games again

Hawlucha said:
how about nintendo decides to scrap the whole "year of" concept and instead decides to make good games again

Not before they make the "Year of Dry Bowser".

Hawlucha said:

Hey, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was a phenomomenal game!

And hey, it's just speculation. Honestly, I don't want another Year of, unless it is Year of Baby Mario.

Hawlucha said:

This. Besides, Yoshi has too much ---ing attention and fanservice already. He doesn't need that stupid term thing where the Year of Luigi is barely about Luigi anyway.

And as BMB said, if this happened, I should go to Nintendo and personally smash anyone's who greenlighted this idea

Baby Luigi said:
Hawlucha said:

This. Besides, Yoshi has too much ---ing attention and fanservice already. He doesn't need that stupid term thing where the Year of Luigi is barely about Luigi anyway.

And as BMB said, if this happened, I should go to Nintendo and personally smash anyone's who greenlighted this idea

Well, Luigi has a bigger fanbase than Mario, so...

That's why I thought this Year of Luigi bull--- is pointless and stupid. If they want to shove Luigi in the spotlight more, they should devote more time and attention to their games and make Luigi play bigger roles than shoehorn Luigi into everything.

Dick Clark said:
Be honest. You'd love a Year of Babies.

Duh I love exceptions

I'll have THIS happen to Yoshi daily if there is Year of the Yoshi.

302.gif

I hate this Year of the *character* so much that I'd even mildly dislike Year of Mario.

Aw, it'll be funnier if it was WARIO doing that.

BTW, this Earth needs a Year of the Wario

I honestly hope to see more "Year of the ___", if only because I love seeing Internet-goers getting flustered by a cute and completely inconsequential PR event.

2014 - Year of the Ashley #Believe :' (

2015 - Year of the Pink Donkey Kong Jr.

Baby Luigi said:
Aw, it'll be funnier if it was WARIO doing that.

BTW, this Earth needs a Year of the Wario

Yes. Have Wario substitute for Bowser as the villain, and have all his dialogue consist of DOHIMISSED!

If not Yoshi, Nintendo should focus on Toad. Even after being promoted to playable status, he's still third banana to Mario and Luigi.

Glowsquid said:
I honestly hope to see more "Year of the ___", if only because I love seeing Internet-goers getting flustered by a cute and completely inconsequential PR event.

2014 - Year of the Ashley #Believe :' (

2015 - Year of the Pink Donkey Kong Jr.

Those two Years would actually be good if that means giving more obscure characters some attention. :]

MAN YEAR OF PINK DONKEY KONG JR. NEEDS TO HAPPEN

The executives at Nintendo sure are thick-skulled knuckleheads

Year of the Brighton and Twila would be fine years.

Back