2015 is the 30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros!

I hope Nintendo does something really hot and awesome for the 30th anniversary. The 25th anniversary was kind of a let down. Basically just a release of all the games that were already on the Wii's Virtual Console and a soundtrack, which half of it was just sound effects. I hope Nintendo makes another game like Super Mario 3D World. That was awesome and I love the fact that you actually got to play as 5 characters and play as other characters rather than just Mario and Luigi. Super Mario 3D World was definitely a step in the right direction.

I would love to see another game with Peach as the main character. Super Princess Peach was a step in the right direction.

MarioLuigi25 said:
I hope Nintendo does something really hot and awesome for the 30th anniversary. The 25th anniversary was kind of a let down. Basically just a release of all the games that were already on the Wii's Virtual Console and a soundtrack, which half of it was just sound effects. I hope Nintendo makes another game like Super Mario 3D World. That was awesome and I love the fact that you actually got to play as 5 characters and play as other characters rather than just Mario and Luigi. Super Mario 3D World was definitely a step in the right direction.

I would love to see another game with Peach as the main character. Super Princess Peach was a step in the right direction.

Curiously, a couple days ago I dreamed that Super Princess Peach 2 was announced for the 3DS...

MarioLuigi25 said:

It was a port of Super Mario All-Stars. It was literally an exact copy of Super Mario All-Stars. Not even the version with Super Mario World.

Zelda got treated much better.
Hell, Kirby was treated better.

Anser said:
MarioLuigi25 said:

Curiously, a couple days ago I dreamed that Super Princess Peach 2 was announced for the 3DS...

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! Half-life 3 confirmed.

They got something planned.

Hopefully something really cool.

Baby Luigi said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Year of Yoshi. Seriously, other than his debut in Super Mario World and Super Mario 64DS, Yoshi gets crappy representation in the mainstream Mario games.

I'd also settle for a game with Wario returning to the villain spotlight.

I would hate Year of Yoshi so much, I'd to beat up Yoshi every day as a celebration.
BananaFreak said:
Nintendo has a sudden mind change and calls Activision to produce a Mario FPS.

I don't even like Year of the (character) concept. In fact, I don't want even Year of the Mario.

Or maybe they can contact Activision to make a Mario game where you must buy overpriced figures of Mario and his characters while Mario's design gets a hideous overhaul.

I didn't even type this lol, I would never use a Mario icon before I post. I guess my twin sister accidentally took ahold of my account while it was open, typed this message, realized it, and was too lazy to delete it. I'm not deleting it anyway, nor reporting it, it's very similar to my opinion anyway.

Well ANYWAY, from that tangent....I hope it's better than Mario's 25th anniversary because frankly, the anniversary game that was released that year was horrible.

Maybe I'll finally get a Bowser only game.

But I doubt it.

My guess is, if they got any Mario games planned they'll probably put stuff in it to tie it in with the anniversary.

Like they did with Zelda and the year of Luigi

Lumastar said:
I wonder if they'll re-release the re-release of Super Mario All-Stars. No World, no 64, no new bonus content. Just the game, a slightly updated CD, and a slightly updated book.

I hate them

Link had all of this cool stuff while Mario fans were stuck with...*bleep*ing sound effects as part of a soundtrack.

At least we got something at all but still, it's like receiving a rock instead of nothing for Christmas.

Wouldn't have been so bad if it was cheaper.

But then you see what kirby had and it just pales in comparison

Lol the last post before this thread was bumped I was still on my hiatus.

Anyway, I doubt they'll be able to beat Kirby's 20th Anniversary collection unless they flat out copy it but with Mario games. I don't really want to see them pull off a Sonic Generations though (although it worked alright for Sonic)

Lumastar said:
You should have said a Sonic '06.

Kirby's Dream Collection is what the Mario anniversary game should have been.

Well no of course I don't want a bad game, but Mario just doesn't have that complicated of a plot to pull off something like Sonic did in Generations (although I believe 2016 is his 25th anniversary).

If they do a collection, they should include the cartoons. What episodes should they have, though?

An HD re-release of TGMTSPP with a great english dub would be better.

Definitely not any from SMW. I hated Yoshi's voice. It was really annoying (and that's saying something). Maybe 1 where he doesn't act like a whiny baby (although Mama Luigi doesn't really count in that case).

I'm not sure I haven't watched all of the Mario cartoon episodes like I have with Kirby.

Hey Kirby had a movie..... put in the awful Mario Bros. Movie

Iron Man said:
Definitely not any from SMW. I hated Yoshi's voice. It was really annoying (and that's saying something). Maybe 1 where he doesn't act like a whiny baby (although Mama Luigi doesn't really count in that case).

Also, in SMW, Oogtar exists

Baby Luigi said:
Iron Man said:

Also, in SMW, Oogtar exists

And remember, Oogtar spelled backwards is Ratgoo.

But he should not be in the episode if they decide for some bizarre reason to have an SMW episode. Oogtar is dumb.

Also if they do have a cartoon, they better not make it something like Pokemon Channel

Or better yet, an original animation that doesn't look and sound like shit

I'd like to see the current cast redub the cartoon.

That would be a nice anniversary present.

Mcmadness said:
Or better yet, an original animation that doesn't look and sound like *bleep*

Even better. And while they're at it, please don't have some annoying song. Easily the worst part of them all.

Back