Character(/s) you would miss the most if they were cut

Which of these characters would you have the hardest time with knowing they're not playable in SSB4?

• Falco

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Wolf

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Ike

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Lucario

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Lucas

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • ROB

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Snake

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
am i the only one who thinks jigglypuff actually has a chance of being cut

Dr. Lucien Sanchez said:

Well if anyone of the Original 12 were to be cut. It would be her. But there's a few things pointing to why she would not be cut:

*One of the biggest hits against her was that she was low priority in Brawl AKA one of the last characters finished in the game. But so was Toon Link. And now Toon Link's already been confirmed. Meaning character priority may not be the same as it was in Brawl. Jigglypuff still proved to be higher in priority then Mewtwo even if that was the case.
*The fact X&Y makes her a Fairy type also makes her a little more relevant. They could possibly add something that represents the new Pokemon type to her.
*Jigglypuff is also one of the easier characters to program. The reason Mr. Game and Watch isn't usually put up for cut lists is because his model is very easy to program since he's just a 2D model. While Jigglypuff isn't that easy to program, apparently she's still one of the more easier characters to program in the game. And may explain why she was low priority in Brawl in the first place. Because they knew they could finish her more easily then most other characters. So they saved her for a little later in the game.

And at this point, I'm not sure Sakurai would make the risk of cutting anyone from the original game. Yes, Ness was almost cut before Melee. But he wasn't. And the same applied for Brawl even when it seemed Lucas would replace him. I think Jigglypuff certainly has a higher chance of returning then everyone in this poll.

Northern Verve said:
*Jigglypuff is also one of the easier characters to program. The reason Mr. Game and Watch isn't usually put up for cut lists is because his model is very easy to program since he's just a 2D model.
When I open BrawlBox (a Brawl model editor program) with Mr. Game & Watch, there is a 3D model holding some weapons. I suppose Mr. Game & Watch is more of a flattened 3D model, but either way, he's not that difficult to make because of his simplistic textures. Plus, his animations are simplistic as well, unless you count getting thrown animations and stuff.

It's so ironic that Mr. Game & Watch is supposedly the easiest to program yet he's definitely the hardest to make texture hacks for Brawl :/

Northern Verve said:
Dr. Lucien Sanchez said:

Well if anyone of the Original 12 were to be cut. It would be her. But there's a few things pointing to why she would not be cut:

*One of the biggest hits against her was that she was low priority in Brawl AKA one of the last characters finished in the game. But so was Toon Link. And now Toon Link's already been confirmed. Meaning character priority may not be the same as it was in Brawl. Jigglypuff still proved to be higher in priority then Mewtwo even if that was the case.
*The fact X&Y makes her a Fairy type also makes her a little more relevant. They could possibly add something that represents the new Pokemon type to her.
*Jigglypuff is also one of the easier characters to program. The reason Mr. Game and Watch isn't usually put up for cut lists is because his model is very easy to program since he's just a 2D model. While Jigglypuff isn't that easy to program, apparently she's still one of the more easier characters to program in the game. And may explain why she was low priority in Brawl in the first place. Because they knew they could finish her more easily then most other characters. So they saved her for a little later in the game.

And at this point, I'm not sure Sakurai would make the risk of cutting anyone from the original game. Yes, Ness was almost cut before Melee. But he wasn't. And the same applied for Brawl even when it seemed Lucas would replace him. I think Jigglypuff certainly has a higher chance of returning then everyone in this poll.
also Jigglypuff wears classy hats

jigglypuff is still pretty popular in japan, i think, and it is part of the original 12 after all

I thought Jigglypuff's popularity faded over the years.

BTW what should I do with the poll if say one of these 8 is revealed? Like I could see Meta Knight being revealed next month because of the Kirby 3DS game. Should I just delete that character and reset the poll? Or perhaps replace that character with something some people think might have a chance at being cut? (Which at this rate would be Jigglypuff even if I don't personally think Jigglypuff's at all a huge candidate for being cut)

yeah jigglypuff's popularity has kinda faded, but i'm pretty sure it's still popular enough in japan

Northern Verve said:
I think Jigglypuff certainly has a higher chance of returning then everyone in this poll.

I personally think Meta Knight has a better chance of returning than Jiggs does.

I still highly doubt she's leaving, though.

Scr7 said:
meta knight is probably more likely than lucario

Meta Knight is more relevant to the Kirby series than Lucario is to the Pokemon series, in my opinion.

I think the only one less likely than Lucario is Snake. Everyone else I'd say has an equal or better chance.

Tailmon said:
I think the only one less likely than Lucario is Snake. Everyone else I'd say has an equal or better chance.

Indeed, although because Namco is involved in the developement of this game, I still see a higher chance than that generic pokémon Lucario.

I definitely wouldn't miss Snake...

I'd probably miss Lucas, just cuz I've grown used to his style, and he's pretty unique to Ness in regard for me.

Alright with 30 votes so far:

With an over half majority of 17 votes, Meta Knight is the one would be most missed. Which is understandable considering he's probably the one on the poll that's the hardest to think to leave. I only put him on there because the only way he'd be really cut is if Sakurai was so modest he'd shrink the Kirby representatives. Kirby's an Original 8. And Dedede's probably the 2nd most important Kirby character.

About a third of us would miss Falco, Ike, and Snake. (I'm actually a little pleasantly surprised at the vote count for Snake)

Lucario, Lucas, and ROB are a bit middle of the road.

Though it seems Wolf seems to be the one character that most users here won't miss the most. (Even if he's just two votes below Lucas. And things could easily change if we had a few more Wolf players find this thread)

Dr. Javelin said:
i voted for wolf

he's one of my faves from brawl

I know that xP

Just reflecting on the poll results so far. 30 users have voted with the capability of voting all the characters. Yet only 4 (Including you) voted for Wolf. The only one to have less then five votes. (So far anyway, a few people could come in and my posts about Wolf being the least missed character of the 8 useless.)

Back