Pokemon you don't like that everyone else does.

Pokemon is overrated and a cynical cash grab. It took me two generations to get bored of it.

That being said, Mewtwo gets too much attention and is overrated beyond belief.

well, if you're not a fan of the series then that's okay

but if you're not a fan of the series i don't really see how you can judge one pokemon from another

i mean i'm not a fan of mlp so it would be ridiculous for me to say "(insert random character here) is overrated and gets too much attention"

I used to be a fan, and I still like Pokemon themselves. Just the series... ugh.

I know, it's a bit weird and contradictory, but I can have an opinion on the Pokemon themselves.

hmm

idk i just like mewtwo because he just has that aura of power around him and just seems like a really intimidating pokemon

not to mention he's an excellent battler

I like Mewtwo. He should be the ONLY uber strong legendary, not some stupid goat stuck in the fence.

lol

i also dislike xerneas's design

i mean he's quite possibly the most dangerous deer in existence... but he's still a deer. one of the least threatening animals in existence. >_>

Hawlucha said:
lol

i mean he's quite possibly the most dangerous deer in existence... but he's still a deer. one of the least threatening animals in existence. >_>

I hate Xerneas's design as well. It looks like its head would collapse under those stupidly huge humongous antlers that serve no evolutionary purpose other than to make predators easier to catch it.

Over the years of evolution, Yveltal developed larger claws in order to grab Xerneas's impossibly huge horns and easily fly away with it. But instead of doing away with the ridiculous horns, the legendary Deer Pokemon came up with a better idea.

One day, during a Game Freak camping trip, the "creative ideas consultant" was out taking a hike when suddenly Xerneas appeared in his path. Recognizing someone who could help it, Xerneas quickly explained his dilemma.

And thus, the Fairy-type was born - to help Xerneas at last achieve evolutionary dominance over Yveltal.

Hawlucha said:

Wait, plenty of people actually like that reindeer with unwieldy oversized antlers?

ゴジラ said:
Mario Party X said:
Pokemon is overrated and a cynical cash grab. It took me two generations to get bored of it.
I could say that about the Mario series right now.
You could say that about any game series that has sold a lot of games.

Wii
Grand Theft Auto
Need for Speed
The Sims
Tetris
Call of Duty
etc.

Baby Luigi said:
Hawlucha said:
lol

I hate Xerneas's design as well. It looks like its head would collapse under those stupidly huge humongous antlers that serve no evolutionary purpose other than to make predators easier to catch it.

Mario Party X said:
Wait, plenty of people actually like that reindeer with unwieldy oversized antlers?

Have you guys not heard of the Forest Spirit? Pokemon designs are not purely evolutionary in a Darwinian sense because it's a fucking game. Designs are based off of clichés, mythologies, exaggerated real animals, tropes, various media and pop culture influences, Japanese spirits, etc. It's fine to say that you personally don't like a pokemon design from a personal aesthetic level, but you can't say that it's bad because it's unrealistic or farfetch'd (hyuck hyuck). Lighten up a bit and enjoy the symbolism and thought put into designs.

I love that all 3 legendaries are inspired by the Yggdrasil myth. Also, I prefer the term "stag" to goat or reindeer, tyvm.

Zae said:
well you gotta consider that people get turned on by graphic images too, so it could not be hate.
Did you just really bring that up?

I'm not very fond of the new Fairy-type Pokemon. I also don't care much for Blaziken, even if some say that it is the most useful of all the starters' final evolutions.

Morty said:
Have you guys not heard of the Forest Spirit? Pokemon designs are not purely evolutionary in a Darwinian sense because it's a *bleep*ing game. Designs are based off of clichés, mythologies, exaggerated real animals, tropes, various media and pop culture influences, Japanese spirits, etc. It's fine to say that you personally don't like a pokemon design from a personal aesthetic level, but you can't say that it's bad because it's unrealistic or farfetch'd (hyuck hyuck). Lighten up a bit and enjoy the symbolism and thought put into designs.

I don't mind it if it's fantastical or over-the-top, but the designers still need to think about proportions and at least making it a BELIEVABLE thing if it is fantasy instead of making it just plain ridiculous. They can't just add random exaggerated body parts in an animal and say, "hurr durr lol fake animal" there.

I don't like Talonflame very much. IDK why but at my school I see so much love for Talonflame... And then people get mad at me for saying that I'd rather use Crobat. I prefer Crobat's typing defensively and its stats outclass Talonflame's in everything (save for Special Attack but Crobat can use Nasty Plot to boost it if it wants to be a Special Attacker lol).

I actually like using Crobat (and its evolution line). Although I do get how it's annoying running into several Zubats in a single cave. xD

Charizard. I just never really liked it. I understand why it's everyone's favourite Kanto starter, considering the others just evolve into tanks (tank dinosaur and tank tortoise), but I don't really like Charizard in comparison to every other Pokemon.

ゴジラ said:
Mario Party X said:
I could say that about the Mario series right now.

At least it has spinoffs to keep me occupied in between "stuff with more stuff added + prettier graphics" games. Pokemon has barely anything in between.

Baby Luigi said:
Morty said:
Have you guys not heard of the Forest Spirit? Pokemon designs are not purely evolutionary in a Darwinian sense because it's a *bleep*ing game. Designs are based off of clichés, mythologies, exaggerated real animals, tropes, various media and pop culture influences, Japanese spirits, etc. It's fine to say that you personally don't like a pokemon design from a personal aesthetic level, but you can't say that it's bad because it's unrealistic or farfetch'd (hyuck hyuck). Lighten up a bit and enjoy the symbolism and thought put into designs.

I don't mind it if it's fantastical or over-the-top, but the designers still need to think about proportions and at least making it a BELIEVABLE thing if it is fantasy instead of making it just plain ridiculous. They can't just add random exaggerated body parts in an animal and say, "hurr durr lol fake animal" there.

Can I just really dislike its design rather than you guys attempting to change my opinion? Xerneas has a laughably bad design in my opinion while Yveltal and that Z-slug look cool.

Baby Luigi said:
Morty said:

Actually yeah. They can. Because it's a game about magical monsters.

Mario Party X said:
Can I just really dislike its design rather than you guys attempting to change my opinion? Xerneas has a laughably bad design in my opinion while Yveltal and that Z-slug look cool.

I'm not trying to change your opinion; I'm just telling you that there's a reason behind what you're saying is nonsensical. It's not my fault that your opinion may be hinged on that, I'm just offering up fun facts and information.

I don't particularly LOVE any of the mascot legendaries, to be honest. Like, looking it at it now, I realise Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's designs are complete cluster*bleep*s. Also, I like Ho-Oh more than Lugia. The only reason I got Soulsilver was because it had Vulpix in it.

Morty said:
Baby Luigi said:
Morty said:

Actually yeah. They can. Because it's a game about magical monsters.

Mario Party X said:

I'm not trying to change your opinion; I'm just telling you that there's a reason behind what you're saying is nonsensical. It's not my fault that your opinion may be hinged on that, I'm just offering up fun facts and information.

It all boils down to "Gee, I wish its antlers were less stupid-looking" and "I don't like its design". I can't really make an objective reason for my dislike of it, and it's even harder to make an objective counter to my reasoning behind it.

Sure, they CAN create a stupid-looking design, and they can proclaim that it's based on mythical creatures. Doesn't excuse their designs not fitting my tastes.

Look what they did with this mess called Mega-Manectric.

Exaggerated designs such as huge wings and impossibly big weapons are awesome, but only if it's done right. In my book, Xerneas could've been much better, and it shouldn't look like as if it's about to collapse from its own antlers.

Mario Party X said:
It all boils down to "Gee, I wish its antlers were less stupid-looking" and "I don't like its design". I can't really make an objective reason for my dislike of it, and it's even harder to make an objective counter to my reasoning behind it.

Sure, they CAN create a stupid-looking design, and they can proclaim that it's based on mythical creatures. Doesn't excuse their designs not fitting my tastes.

Look what they did with this mess called Mega-Manectric.

Exaggerated designs such as huge wings and impossibly big weapons are awesome, but only if it's done right. In my book, Xerneas could've been much better, and it shouldn't look like as if it's about to collapse from its own antlers.

Well I'm sorry that your tastes don't fit with pokemon. It's a bit difficult for them to please absolutely everyone with everything and I guess you're just not gonna be pleased. Now that we all know this, we can move on.

Anyways, I think that Blaziken is pretty well liked (or at least is liked for its competitive value), but I just can't seem to like it. I'm not even sure how to verbalize it because I don't like I just tend to ignore. And the Monferno line and such because I can't stand monkeys >:[

Timmy said:
I don't like Talonflame very much. IDK why but at my school I see so much love for Talonflame... And then people get mad at me for saying that I'd rather use Crobat. I prefer Crobat's typing defensively and its stats outclass Talonflame's in everything (save for Special Attack but Crobat can use Nasty Plot to boost it if it wants to be a Special Attacker lol).

I actually like using Crobat (and its evolution line). Although I do get how it's annoying running into several Zubats in a single cave. xD
Ah, Crobat... he's so boss.

Talonflame is good at battling (except for the obvious weakness to SR) but I don't know, his design just seems too...real? He just doesn't look like a Pokemon, if you know what I mean. If you saw a Talonflame in the real world you might think "that's a cool bird" but you wouldn't think "that looks like a Pokemon".
Purple Yoshi said:
I don't particularly LOVE any of the mascot legendaries, to be honest. Like, looking it at it now, I realise Dialga, Palkia and Giratina's designs are complete cluster*bleep*s. Also, I like Ho-Oh more than Lugia. The only reason I got Soulsilver was because it had Vulpix in it.
Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were the most complex designs yet.

Which is probably why they didn't make any sense.

Although I must say I enjoy Giratina's non-origin forme. The way the wings come out, and the six giant feet... it's the closest Pokemon has come to a horrorterror.

Back