What games does Nintendo need to bring to the Wii U in order for it to sell?

Sprag94 said:
NSY said:
Cirdec said:
New Super Mario Bros. U 2
no, please don't let that game be made
New Super Mario Bros. U need DLC first like more characters such as Wario and Waluigi and also more Yoshi colours.

LOL DLC, like that's all you guys talk about. .-.

New Super Mario Bros. U is DLC in itself being sold at retail price.

Mario Party X said:
Sprag94 said:
NSY said:
Cirdec said:
New Super Mario Bros. U 2
no, please don't let that game be made
New Super Mario Bros. U need DLC first like more characters such as Wario and Waluigi and also more Yoshi colours.

LOL DLC, like that's all you guys talk about. .-.

New Super Mario Bros. U is DLC in itself being sold at retail price.

Then what does that make New Super Luigi U?

New Super Luigi U is downgraded DLC of a DLC that's being sold at retail price. It's a "Mario" game with NO Mario :fancy: or any essential Luigi-related characters :daisy: :waluigi: :babyluigi: , so that's why this thing is more worthless than used toilet paper.

Really, the Wii U should (well, just by logic) have an increase in sales around spring of 2014.
Why?
It's when all of the new games are coming out! (well, I think so. If it's not next spring then just replace that date in your head with whatever the real one is)

-Mario Kart 8
-New SSB
-New DKC
-Loads new games in general revealed in the Nintendo Direct

I don't see how when the Xbox One and PS4 get released would be an increase in sales. That would only be possible if the Wii U price dropped. Considering they've done that in the past, it's a likely option.

Deku Link said:
Colonel Harland Sanders said:
New Super Mario said:
BananaFreak said:
Nightmare Moon said:
Deku Link said:
Paper Mario (back to being like either TTYD or SPM)
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

But besides the lack of games and advertisement, I feel like a lot of why they aren't doing so hot is just something out of their control. Not saying that they don't have a lot of blame on themselves, but I think that people don't feel like going to the Wii U when the other systems are still out. Once Xbox1 and PS4 come out, I have a feeling that the Wii U is going to skyrocket immediately.
how
Sorcery.
It's not going to "skyrocket", but the Wii U's cheaper price should allow it to sell more this holiday.
Also, the PS4's lack of games and the Xbox One's lack of not being a sucky console.

^ Both of those. Mostly the price thing, and the lack of games for their consoles.

I have fate in the Wii U, and people need to stop saying that it is a "failed console", because it really isn't. Just because it was off to a bad start doesn't mean that it's the doom of it. Heck, with all these games coming out now for the Wii U, Wii U sales are starting to increase a lot - not by as much as everyone is hoping for, but still, I have a feeling that by next year this time, the Wii U is going to be not really a worried console so much.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a slow start as well?
If so, I'm not getting why Wii U is getting the hate for "having a slow start" and being considered as a failure yet the other last gen consoles weren't being ridiculed for its slow start (if they did have one). =P

most systems have had slow starts, so thats not really an excuse at all.

From just launch titles, a system is usually pretty boring, after about a year or two though thats when the sales rise, and of course holidays really boost the sales as well.

although saying the wii u will sell better because of two other consoles release is really funny.

I laughed anyway.

Zae said:

Let's exclude every Nintendo System except for the Gamecube and 3DS and the Playstation 2 here.

didnt the 3ds have a slow start?

I dont remember wanting one for quite some time, especially after mml3 was canceled.

BananaFreak said:
Zae said:

Let's exclude every Nintendo System except for the Gamecube and 3DS and the Playstation 2 here.
Yeah, like Zae said, 3DS had a really slow start, not to mention N64 didn't sell all that well either.

Ema Skye said:
BananaFreak said:
Zae said:

Yeah, like Zae said, 3DS had a really slow start, not to mention N64 didn't sell all that well either.

At least it had good games (N64).

talk about the Wii U having a slow start

The Wii U actually had a fairly good launch. It's after that that the sales crattered hardcore.

While most consoles short of the Wii needed a few years before gaining significant traction, the WiiU's is not simply having a "slow start": it's genuinely doing bad. Since the end of the 2012 holidays season, the console has routinely sold 50K monthly in North America (which is pitiful and far less than either the Ps3 or the X360 in their worst months) and had one week where combined game sales in the UK didn't even break one hundred. Its performance is more among the line of the Saturn in North America (or, in Europe, 3DO/N-Gage) than the PS3 when it was "failing" (though at least, the U is probably losing Nintendo far less money than the PS3 did at launch).

BananaFreak said:
Ema Skye said:
BananaFreak said:
Zae said:

At least it had good games (N64).
So did Dreamcast, Gamecube and various other consoles.

Good libraries don't automatically mean sales.

Back