What games does Nintendo need to bring to the Wii U in order for it to sell?

Halo 5, God of War IV, Destiny 2, Grand Theft Auto VI, Saints Row V, Call of Duty Ghosts II: Cats, and Forza Motorsport 6

New Super Mario said:
NSY said:
A Call of Duty game exclusive to Wii U.
lol, as if people would buy it.

as if it would happen for another.
if it's a CoD game, people will buy it

but yeah like you said it won't happen

wii u's line is it anyway

make it happen

A new F-Zero and Starfox game would help bring back the audience of those series, and third party wise Mega Man 11 and Sonic Adventure 3. All 4 of those probably aren't going to happen unfortunately.

Smash Bros, 3D World and Mario Kart should definitely boost the sales, and Wii Party U and Wii Fit U would be good for the same reason Wii Sports, Wii Party and Wii Fit were good for the Wii.

SKmarioman said:
A new F-Zero and Starfox game would help bring back the audience of those series, and third party wise Mega Man 11 and Sonic Adventure 3. All 4 of those probably aren't going to happen unfortunately.

Smash Bros, 3D World and Mario Kart should definitely boost the sales, and Wii Party U and Wii Fit U would be good for the same reason Wii Sports, Wii Party and Wii Fit were good for the Wii.
Star Fox, maybe. But F-Zero didn't have much of an audience. None of the games were best-sellers.

Paper Mario (back to being like either TTYD or SPM)
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

But besides the lack of games and advertisement, I feel like a lot of why they aren't doing so hot is just something out of their control. Not saying that they don't have a lot of blame on themselves, but I think that people don't feel like going to the Wii U when the other systems are still out. Once Xbox1 and PS4 come out, I have a feeling that the Wii U is going to skyrocket immediately.

Deku Link said:
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

But besides the lack of games and advertisement, I feel like a lot of why they aren't doing so hot is just something out of their control. Not saying that they don't have a lot of blame on themselves, but I think that people don't feel like going to the Wii U when the other systems are still out. Once Xbox1 and PS4 come out, I have a feeling that the Wii U is going to skyrocket immediately.
how

Nightmare Moon said:
Deku Link said:
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

how
Sorcery.

BananaFreak said:
Nightmare Moon said:
Deku Link said:
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

how
Sorcery.
It's not going to "skyrocket", but the Wii U's cheaper price should allow it to sell more this holiday.

New Super Mario said:
BananaFreak said:
Nightmare Moon said:
Deku Link said:
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

how
Sorcery.
It's not going to "skyrocket", but the Wii U's cheaper price should allow it to sell more this holiday.
Also, the PS4's lack of games and the Xbox One's lack of not being a sucky console.

Super Mario Sunshine HD ;D

I already own a Wii u and am completely thrilled with it. A remake of the above mentioned would just make life awesome.

Colonel Harland Sanders said:
New Super Mario said:
BananaFreak said:
Nightmare Moon said:
Deku Link said:
Open World 3D Mario.
Zelda U

how
Sorcery.
Also, the PS4's lack of games and the Xbox One's lack of not being a sucky console.

^ Both of those. Mostly the price thing, and the lack of games for their consoles.

I have fate in the Wii U, and people need to stop saying that it is a "failed console", because it really isn't. Just because it was off to a bad start doesn't mean that it's the doom of it. Heck, with all these games coming out now for the Wii U, Wii U sales are starting to increase a lot - not by as much as everyone is hoping for, but still, I have a feeling that by next year this time, the Wii U is going to be not really a worried console so much.

Don't get me wrong. I just don't think that the skyrocket of Wii U sales (it will happen) will have anything to do with the release of the PS4, but rather with Mario Kart 8 and SSB4.

Sprag94 said:
New Super Mario Bros. U need DLC first like more characters such as Wario and Waluigi and also more Yoshi colours.
I thought Luigi U was actually a real good use of DLC so doing that with other characters could be a good approach. I'm not sure how well the platforming style with fit within the contexts of a Wario game though (but then again, I didn't play the original VB/GB games).

Cirdec said:
New Super Mario Bros. U 2
Super Bono Bros

Deku Link said:
I have fate in the Wii U, and people need to stop saying that it is a "failed console", because it really isn't. Just because it was off to a bad start doesn't mean that it's the doom of it. Heck, with all these games coming out now for the Wii U, Wii U sales are starting to increase a lot - not by as much as everyone is hoping for, but still, I have a feeling that by next year this time, the Wii U is going to be not really a worried console so much.

It's pretty idiotic to say that the Wii U is a failed console in the first place. The 3DS had an even worse launch library and now it's succeeding in sales

Back