What games does Nintendo need to bring to the Wii U in order for it to sell?

Title question.

I think that if Nintendo can get Mario Kart, Smash, and Zelda U out, that'd boost sales a lot.

Also, considering how much New Leaf sold, Animal Crossing U needs to happen.

I would totally buy a Wii U right now, if I wasn't broke and busy enough or lazy. Same with a 2DS.

You know what needs to happen: the economy needs to get better. So people can be like "Hey, I'm not broke anymore. I should buy a Wii U."

On second thought, most sane people wouldn't think that.

Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros for Wii U need to come out before the PS4 starts making some games.

Also, Wii Party U will bring in the casual audience.

New Super Mario said:
I'm guessing considering it seems to alternate between console release and handheld (not counting the N64 version) a Wii U in the future is extremely likely

Smash, 3D Mario, and Kario Kart 8 will definitely boost sales. Zelda U will also be a big hit.

As far as unconfirmed games got there are several. A stadium type Pokemon game would definitely be helpful. To bring in the older crowd, sequels to older classics like a new F-Zero and Star Fox game. A Metroid game made by retro would also be good. 3rd party titles would also boost sales.

Super Smash Bros., Super Mario 3D World, and Mario Kart 8

Agent Smith said:
New Super Mario said:
I'm guessing considering it seems to alternate between console release and handheld (not counting the N64 version) a Wii U in the future is extremely likely

I'm curious about what they would do with that. I doubt they'll go the mayoral route again unless they somehow improve it, but I don't see them going back to the original formula of just being a resident.

Maybe they could make you feel more like a mayor than just giving ordinances and public works projects :/

You know what would be really great?

If Namco-Bandai would release their DBZ games on Nintendo consoles. I missed out on Raging Blast 2, Budokai HD collection, and now Battle of Z.

Except Ultimate Tenkaichi. That game can go to hell.

Mario4Ever said:
Agent Smith said:
New Super Mario said:

I'm curious about what they would do with that. I doubt they'll go the mayoral route again unless they somehow improve it, but I don't see them going back to the original formula of just being a resident.
One thing I'd like, though I wouldn't expect is some opposition to you being mayor, like an election every few months which you have to try and win.

Finland said:
A good Mario game.

Haaaaaah.

Super Mario 3D World looks like a good mario game

Simple. Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Huh, is anyone realising they have almost the exact same names as their 3DS counterparts? As in, the 3DS counterparts that saved the 3DS? Nintendo is definitely trying to get the Wii U to sell, you can't deny that.

^Nintendo originally didn't like the name, "Mario Kart 8"

Baby Luigi said:

I actually don't hate the name Mario Kart 8 but before the game was announced, I thought the game was called Mario Kart Wii U.

Sprag94 said:
Baby Luigi said:

I actually don't hate the name Mario Kart 8 but before the game was announced, I thought the game was called Mario Kart Wii U.
I had absolutely no idea whatsoever of what they'd call it. 'Mario Kart Wii U' sounds a bit hackneyed. '8' didn't jump to my mind at all.

They agreed to call it "Mario Kart 8" because the "8" looked like the mobius strip in Mario Circuit which symbolizes the focus on anti-gravity

I actually prefer if they use an infinity sign but whatever

Urban Champion HD, Stunt Race FXTrem and Solar Striker 2.

A Call of Duty game exclusive to Wii U.

Back