Another Super Mario 64 remake in the making?

What's the point of putting revamped versions on the eShop when you can get the originals on the VC? (If they actually COME OUT, that is). Like, they'd give you the option for both on the same hardware. Where's the logic in that?

I still have 1000 Nintendo Points stored in my Wii with the hopes of Mario Party 3 getting released, but that didn't happen and most likely never will, at least not on the Wii. I don't know even what to spend them on; I already have all the games I like/want.

Anser said:
I still have 1000 Nintendo Points stored in my Wii [...] I don't know even what to spend them on; I already have all the games I like/want.

>1000 points
oh ho ho, that's just enough to get an ace attorney game

Randy Cunningham said:
Colonel Harland Sanders said:
They also need to fix that one bonus level.

You know which one.

I'M A CHUCKSTER! or The lily pad of DOOM! ?
Speaking of which:

Okay I'd better get back on topic before I derail this thread.

Purple Yoshi said:
What's the point of putting revamped versions on the eShop when you can get the originals on the VC? (If they actually COME OUT, that is). Like, they'd give you the option for both on the same hardware. Where's the logic in that?
I'm pretty sure the point behind having two versions of the same game on the same hardware is so that those who don't want to spend as much money on a game can buy an older version for a cheaper price, N64 games originally had a $10-15 price point, these rumored upgrades are about $30 a pop. I guess it could also be for people who would rather play the original version of the game for collection or nostalgia purposes, and maybe the discount thing for those who already own the game on the Wii Shop would apply as it has already with the NES and SNES games.

I like the idea, but I really don't want to play through SM64 again. There were some stars in that game that I don't really want to revisit. Now Super Mario sunshine on the other hand had awesome environments, great graphics and cool tropical island music. Now take all that and add HD and some minor tweaks like Wind Waker HD, then you got something I'd drop my money on no questions asked.

キノピオ八十五 said:
How about we just screw remakes and play the original version?
because some of us aren't interested in buying shit old consoles just to play that one game

use your noggin next time, you silly billy

Radagast the Brown said:
キノピオ八十五 said:
because some of us aren't interested in buying shit old consoles just to play that one game

have you never heard of the virtual console

game's exactly or near-exactly the same as on the original console, just in an adapted format. no need for fancy graphical updates or other useless "remake" gimmicks.

use your noggin

Wait a second there. I bought Paper Mario for the Virtual Console, but I'd give anything to have it all over again with updated graphics.

Besides, Super Mario 64 DS>>>>Super Mario 64

キノピオ八十五 said:
Radagast the Brown said:
キノピオ八十五 said:

have you never heard of the virtual console

game's exactly or near-exactly the same as on the original console, just in an adapted format. no need for fancy graphical updates or other useless "remake" gimmicks.

use your noggin
That's basically the exact thing that we're already talking about here, adapting games for future instalments, whether they be from re-releasing games, to sticking them on the virtual console

i'll tell you again

use your noggin

maybe fix it first, cause I don't think it's screwed in properly

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:
*gif*

Can't back up your dissenting opinion without resorting to an annoying reaction gif?

DragonFreak said:
Baby Luigi said:
Really? Because your forced to play as Yoshi.

Yeah but it has Wario and his favorite invisible palace in it

Anser said:
Wait a second there. I bought Paper Mario for the Virtual Console, but I'd give anything to have it all over again with updated graphics.

Basically the same game, just with TTYD graphics.

I don't want or need another 64 remake. I'm waiting for GameCube games on eShop, like Sunshine.

I'd love a Sunshine remake where Luigi and Wario are playable, a nod to the Super Mario 64 remake.

Sunshine's the only main series Mario game I haven't played, so a remake of that would be good.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
I'd love a Sunshine remake where Luigi and Wario are playable, a nod to the Super Mario 64 remake.

I want to see Wario riding on a Yoshi

Wario would squish the Yoshi into a pink, purple or orange blob on the beach.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:

I want to see Wario riding on a Yoshi

it'd probably end up like that mosquito part in rayman origins where one of the bugs ride the characters.

Yes, yoshi would ride wario.

Back