Another Super Mario 64 remake in the making?

SolarBlaze

Guardian of the Sol Emeralds.
Retired Wiki Staff
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=215295

Funny, I whined on IRC last night about people reposting "new" from Paul Gale, the creator of that stupid rumor about a Star Fox/Metroid crossover, "Rocksteady is going to make a 80's TMNT game based on their Batman titles" and whatever the fuck is this.

Even if the source wasn't a known bullshitter, remaking N64 games with HD visuals would essentially mean rebuilding the assets from the ground up, making the claims of "short development time " and "Less to fund and fewer people involved" already dubious for one game, much less seven in a close timeframe. And how the fuck is a remake of Sm64 a "risk at retail", anyway?

"reumagined". lol

Please revamp Majora's Mask

just do it

FUCK Super Mario 64, that game already got a remake, plus it's not even that good. I'm here for a Paper Mario remake. I've wanted it since I saw the Thousand-Year Door graphics! PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE.

I feel like they keep on remaking all the games that are only overrated.

I.e. - Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Those games are not even that good.

And yes, they already have been remade, so hopefully it is a rumor. Though, unless it is a eShop vc thing, then I'll be fine with it being moved up.

Xerneas said:
I feel like they keep on remaking all the games that are only overrated.

I.e. - Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Those games are not even that good.

And yes, they already have been remade, so hopefully it is a rumor. Though, unless it is a eShop vc thing, then I'll be fine with it being moved up.

^this

Where's mah Sunshine for the 3DS remake dammit

Xerneas said:
Honestly, if I could only ask for one game to be remade, I would ask for Donkey Kong 64.

That game NEEDS to be remade out of all the ones listed!
Isn't one of the missions based on Jetpac, an old Rareware game? They'd have to change that all up.

It's not based on Jetpac but rather incorporates the full game. They would have to change it, though.

It would be awesome if this also included some Gamecube titles, though I guess that would render Wind Waker HD worthless MarioSunshineMarioSunshineMarioSunshine...

Paper Mario, Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 are the only N64 games I'd really want that could be part of this (since Mario Kart and Smash Bros would be kind of pointless with MK8 and SSB4 coming soon). Also Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask would be really nice additions Ocarina of Time 3D sales drastically drop

This would be a perfect time for Rare to come back to Nintendo imo, the XBLA ports and Live and Reloaded don't count as HD remakes since the latter isn't HD and the B-K ports are just resolution upscales with stretched HUD.

How about we just screw remakes and play the original version?

That way we can have our nostalgic happy fun time, and Nintendo doesn't have to blow money on projects like these that could go to much better use.

キノピオ八十五 said:
How about we just screw remakes and play the original version?

That way we can have our nostalgic happy fun time, and Nintendo doesn't have to blow money on projects like these that could go to much better use.

Because remakes can turn out better than the original

Seriously, that blue coin mechanic in Sunshine needs SERIOUS fixing.

Back