What was the last book you read?

i've started reading the Sherlock Holmes stories

they're pretty great

I just got done reading Unwind, and that was a pretty cool book. That chapter 61 though....that may give you the serious creeps.

The Heroes of Olympics series.

Darn Riordan always making it hard for me to sleep when I am reading but then chapters end with cliffhangers that drive me nuts and ends up making me go to bed at 6 in the morning.

Especially with the last two books so far (the last is to come out this fall). Just Annabeth's stuff and everything...ugh. I also can't help but chuckle at all the ties to real-life things there are in the book, especially at the Wii remote being in the last two books as a reoccuring object.

The Dog Who Knew Too Much, by Spencer Quinn, part of the Chet and Bernie series he's been writing.

I loved his interpretation of a dog's point of view, brilliant read for fans of the Crime genre.

Anna said:

Darn Riordan always making it hard for me to sleep when I am reading but then chapters end with cliffhangers that drive me nuts and ends up making me go to bed at 6 in the morning.

Especially with the last two books so far (the last is to come out this fall). Just Annabeth's stuff and everything...ugh. I also can't help but chuckle at all the ties to real-life things there are in the book, especially at the Wii remote being in the last two books as a reoccuring object.
Yeah the series is great. I've still got to read House of Hades.

Yoshidude99 said:
Anna said:

Yeah the series is great. I've still got to read House of Hades.

I need to re-read the Percy Jackson series because I forgot some details that are in that book.

House of Hades is definitely my favorite one thus far. That tension though...Riordan organized the chapters so that you basically had to read the book in one sitting or else be subjected to having dreams about what will be happening next.

Anna said:
I need to re-read the Percy Jackson series because I forgot some details that are in that book.

House of Hades is definitely my favorite one thus far.
one thing still bothers me about it
making nico in love with percy ever since he's known him is a complete retcon. nico tried to kill percy multiple times in the battle for the labyrinth, which i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done if he was secretly in love with percy

i also thought that there could have been more set up in that cupid scene. like, he didn't have to only describe nico and jason, right? surely he could have shed some light on the complicated frank/hazel and leo relationship or something. but noooooo

i have to say though that the entire travelling through tartarus part was awesome. felt like classic percy jackson, only with the danger dialed up to eleven. and bob was great too.

Dr. Javelin said:
Anna said:

making nico in love with percy ever since he's known him is a complete retcon. nico tried to kill percy multiple times in the battle for the labyrinth, which i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done if he was secretly in love with percy

i also thought that there could have been more set up in that cupid scene. like, he didn't have to only describe nico and jason, right? surely he could have shed some light on the complicated frank/hazel and leo relationship or something. but noooooo

i have to say though that the entire travelling through tartarus part was awesome. felt like classic percy jackson, only with the danger dialed up to eleven. and bob was great too.
I agree. Nico was one of my favorite characters, so to suddenly throw in "Oh BTW he's gay" was sorta weird.

Shadow said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Anna said:

I agree. Nico was one of my favorite characters, so to suddenly throw in
"Oh BTW he's gay" was sorta weird.
i wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't a total retcon

also if, you know, we'd actually had a chance to guess at it for a while. you know, dropping hints along the entire series that build up to this big reveal. of course, that's impossible with a retcon

Dr. Javelin said:
Shadow said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Anna said:

I agree. Nico was one of my favorite characters, so to suddenly throw in
"Oh BTW he's gay" was sorta weird.
i wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't a total retcon

also if, you know, we'd actually had a chance to guess at it for a while. you know, dropping hints along the entire series that build up to this big reveal. of course, that's impossible with a retcon
I actually like that reveal.

no, it's not a good reveal at all because there was zero leading up to it (except within the chapter) and it's a complete retcon

c'mon, riordan. i thought you were better than this

Finished War of the Dwarves. Loved it. Can't wait until I can read Revenge of the Dwarves. I'm now reading Skulduggery Pleasant Last Stand of Dead Men. I've nearly finished it.

Back