Kirby: Triple Deluxe

well im late to this, game looks fun so far and very similar to return to dreamland, which is wonderful.

I have too many games to play, dammnit.

I know, right? I've got about 5 Mario games on my 3DS waiting list, 1 Zelda game, and now this game. This will cost me so much :(. Anyone noticed the equivalent of the Energy Spheres (collectibles) in the Trailer?

Whilst there aren't a lot, there are some new screenshots here, the bottom screen is intriguing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD9LT7sba3M

Looks like Kirby'll be able to store items/powers down there.

I love the Squeak Squad concept! I hope that have some luvly treasure or something.

BTW: The Inhale-all ability is called "Big-Bang".

I'm guessing this will be like Kirby Superstar since in Japan, Kirby Superstar was called Kirby Super Deluxe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m-7b1hgBZY

New gameplay trailer, looks like the Cannon power from Return to Dreamland is back, also shows how the "Rainbow" ability is gotten and what it's used for, a new boss is revealed, and there is a rhythm minigame where you play as King Dedede.

I always referred to it as a Rainbow because of the colouring, thought the official name was still unreleased.

According to Kirby wiki there's a Bell Kirby

Duskull said:
I always referred to it as a Rainbow because of the colouring, thought the official name was still unreleased.

According to Kirby wiki there's a Bell Kirby

I can read Japanese. The name equivalts to "Big Bang".

Yup, there's a Bell Kirby. I thought it was some Cat Mario copy at first, but it's not. It uses sound to defeat enemies, the faster you hit the button, the louder (so stronger) it gets, you can hit enemies with the bell, annnnd you can guard by hiding in it. According to my magazine. The enemy that is inhaled to get Bell isssss... A Bell with wings and feet.

Bell_Kirby_3D.png

Additionally, you have Keyrings that can be collected in each level. There are more than 250, and makes references to all past games (Kabula, or Kine the fish). There is a StreetPass feature where you can exchange your keyrings or something.

They are collectibles, you get a Bandanna Waddle Dee to deliver to it you. I don't know if it has a specific function.

I also have information about the game making some use of the Gyroscope.

I heard vaguely about that from the Japanese magazine scan I saw, but I know basically nothing about it

There's a video on the site. there's also the Beetle ability we saw on the Trailer...

According to the site, King Dedede gets kidnapped by some weirdo named "Deransa" in Japanese. This antagonist is some spider-like guy with 6 hands.

The plot resembles "Jack and the Beanstalk": Kirby wakes up to find a huuuuge beanstalk that goes to the skies. He goes up there to save Dedede. That's the huge plant we saw in the trailer. Also, Big Bang is recieved if Kirby touches the rare seeds of the plant. There's collectibles, like Sunflowers, and Treasure chests.

stage_chara_03.png

That's Deransa. Images can be found here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/balj/stage/index.html

A Deransa, a nod to Magolor? Eh, Magolor is the first thing I think of.

The Sunstones are some collectible in every stage. You need a number of them to find the bosses of the level, and there's a "And if you find all of them in a stage..." suspense.

stage_img_sub_03.png

Nintendo Direct stuff

Whip Kirby is back
Big Bang ability is called Hypernova (UK anyway)
I think we mentioned this up there, but Spear and Leaf are back.
Wheel Kirby is back
Can't remember if this was confirmed, but Stone Kirby is back same with Parasol, Beam, Hammer
Over 20 Copy Abilities in game, with 4 new ones (Beetle, Bell, looks to be a circus performer and Bow (second two names not confirmed))
Kirby Fighters minigame mode, seems to be a free-for-all match, can be played solo or with friends.
Other minigame is Dedede's Drum Dash, is a rhythm game

Dedede game makes me happy. It's not quite the solo Dedede adventure mode I've been wanting for years now but cool nonetheless.

This game sounds so fun! I really hope it comes out in March, or earlier. I have those SOOO cool cheques to buy a game half price (it costs 25 euros, when the game costs 50 euros in the shop it works in). I only get them periodically, so it means that I have to wait another three months...

CORRECTION: I said the antagonist was Deransa, it's actually Taransa.

UK release date was just 2014, will probably be same for you

Back