Bill Cipher said:
are you american?

i amurikun

r u amurikun?

Well put it at it affects me 1%.

Well it will affect you.

Obamacare could be a good change for this country

or it could be a festering heap of refuse

I just don't believe people should be penalized for not buying a health care plan.(IDK the full gist of Obamacare either. so correct me if wrong)

What if you're struggling in life and don't have the money for it.

So, yeah. I guess it does affect me.(it's only when i think things through can i be serious)

You know i'm fine with the roads not being fixed and government functions getting shut down...BUT ONCE YOU PUT FOOTBALLS GAMES IN JEOPARDY THEN I GET MAD

I don't think the Affordable Health Care Act forces people to follow a plan. It's supposed to help them get insurance. Also, premiums are supposed to be lower than expected.

The Republicans are really desperate to repeal the Affordable Health Care Act; I'd be burnt out after the 31st attempt.

Healthcare is a right, not a privilege. It's an ongoing tragedy that many people remain uninsured, and that the U.S. is one of the few developed countries with a lack of universal healthcare.

Mario Party X said:
I don't think the Affordable Health Care Act forces people to follow a plan. It's supposed to help them get insurance. Also, premiums are supposed to be lower than expected.
There's a fine imposed on people who don't have health care (that's the whole reason the supreme court upheld the law in the first place)

There are subsidies for those who can't afford the health care, if I'm not mistaken. The law is supposed to enroll as much people into health insurance.

^love that image

BLOF, I agree. Universal healthcare is a good idea. But

a) do you think people who choose to keep their private health care should have their premiums raised?

b) do you think a country running at a horrible deficit could afford universal healthcare?

I think before we start with healthcare reform that we should get some other problems taken care of first.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-who-understands-8-of-obamacare-vigorously-defe,34022/

Bill Cipher said:
^love that image

BLOF, I agree. Universal healthcare is a good idea. But

a) do you think people who choose to keep their private health care should have their premiums raised?

b) do you think a country running at a horrible deficit could afford universal healthcare?

I think before we start with healthcare reform that we should get some other problems taken care of first.
No, but it really depends on the quality of the private health care. I don't know if Affordable Health Care Act really does raise premiums (after all, isn't the rate of premiums supposed to be lower than expected?). Of course most people will answer "no" to this question, but if the Affordable Health Care Act is really like that, then much more people oppose it.

The deficit is bad, but we haven't spent a lot in the past few years, and I encourage spending to accelerate things. And besides, Europe is even worse shape, um, right? And it has universal healthcare. Maybe some of that money we spend in military can go to more domestic things like healthcare.

The Onion's article is silly, but it does hold a grain of truth. I don't even understand the thing (the affordable healthcare act thing).
I don't know the exact provisions of the law. I guess I have to read and try to understand the gibberish Wikipedia is putting there.

P.S. Funny how you call me BabyLuigiOnFire. It reminds me when the kids call my sister's name "Sarah" when I'm "Emilie".

New Super Mario said:
Just came here to say one thing.

I think it's pretty lame that the congress people still get their paychecks during this. -_-
There isn't a way for them not to get a paycheck under the constitution they can't adjust there pay (unless it applies starting the next congress)

New Super Mario said:

I think it's pretty lame that the congress people still get their paychecks during this. -_-
Yeah, I mean, after all, they're working day in and day out to save your country, they shouldn't get paid, those bastards.

Radagast the Brown said:
Yeah, I mean, after all, they're working day in and day out to save your country

Cleaning up an easily avoidable mess isn't "saving the country," it's wasting time.

Mario4Ever said:
Radagast the Brown said:
Yeah, I mean, after all, they're working day in and day out to save your country

Cleaning up an easily avoidable mess isn't "saving the country," it's wasting time.
you'd think it's easily avoidable, wouldn't you?

Most Congressional bullshit tends to be, yes.

It looks easy from your position because you don't know what's going on behind the scenes. If they fix one thing, something else has to suffer. If they go to fix that, then something else will suffer too. And the government tries its best to make our countries better, throughout any storm, yet nobody seems to appreciate how hard the government is working to save your country, because everyone is blinded by greed, always wanting something more that the government cannot give. And when the government tries to give you something, something else goes to the shits, to which you all say "we want that back". And if the government doesn't give you something, you all have to riot and tear down the city and shit. And you wonder why the government is ruining this country.

New Super Mario said:

The 27th Amendment prevents Congress from altering its pay during their years in office, so they couldn't have even if they wanted to.

Which of course they wouldn't.

I think there are some congressmen who said they were sending their money back to the Treasury or donating it to charity or something, but still.'

Anyways, it's just the question now of who'll blink first. Democrats may have a lot to lose, but Republicans have a lot to gain.

Back