THE US GOVERNMENT HAS SHUT DOWN

So many different things to elect for...

So the problem is when the President and balance of power in Congress aren't the same, basically.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
the United States will default on it's debt for the first time in history

It wouldn't be the first time. It's technically happened at least twice. But still, not pleasant.

I don't like drugs anyway. I'll be one of the five people on the internet who is a member of it.

Shoutmon said:
Dr. Javelin said:
or better yet, wait til 2014 and then elect a third party because both parties are stupid

might i suggest the libertarian party

no, because even if i agreed with their platform (and i don't), we both very well know they have a snowballs chance in hell of getting a meaningful proportion of congress

but honestly, i was mostly just being facetious when i said that. if i were being serious here, i'd be far more concerned about the fact that you seem not to understand or at least not to acknowledge the distinction between constitutional and absolute monarchy. describing modern britain with "all the power of a country in the hands of one human being" makes it look like you haven't really paid attention to what's been going on over there since approximately 1215
i was also mostly just being facetious when i said that

and a system where power is inherited instead of given is still messed up

Based Sora said:
>doesn't like drugs
>forces other people to abide by his life choices

maybe you should join the republican party
drugs are bad

Chuck Ballymoo said:
If this isn't settled by this Thursday, the United States will default on it's debt for the first time in history, and it will badly hurt the world economy, and damage America as the leading world super power. So yeah... this situation isn't good.
Close your eyes and pretend it's all a bad dream, that's how I get along.

Dr. Javelin said:
i was also mostly just being facetious when i said that

and a system where power is inherited instead of given is still messed up

considering how much power the british regent actually has, and how often they actually use it, i can't really think of your objections as anything but theoretical

if you want to make a more convincing argument, why don't you look to those of the actual british republican movement

Only between Senate leaders. Hopefully, everyone else and both houses of Congress will pass the shit.

Just read an article which said the House might vote on the deal at 11 p.m.

Back